Even Titles Need Tender Loving Care
You need to focus more time on your titles because crummy titles will kill your success. Think about it like this:
Content x Title = Exposure
Now let’s take this a step further. Imagine you’ve spent hours or even days writing a quality, innovative article that’s loaded with originality, but zero (quality) time on your title. And what do you get when you multiply anything by zero? Zero.
Several hours or days writing content x 0 title writing = 0 Exposure
As you can see, it won’t make a difference how much time you spend on your article if you choose to spend zero time on the clickability of your title. Your title is the amplifier that determines your article’s exposure (i.e., the amount of readers who visit, share, and engage with your article). So you can see, skipping your title is like shooting yourself in the foot right before a race.
That’s not to say you should throw in the towel! DO spend time writing a quality, original article that creates value for your readers. And DO spend time crafting a quality, relevant title that piques a reader’s curiosity and encourages them to click for more information. Your efforts will not be in vain because your time will nurture great exposure.
Okay, so you admit: Your titles can be better. Let’s make it so.
Love is in the air!
Writing is a lot like a relationship. There are great highs, terrible lows, as well as wonderful moments when the relationship between the author and their writing just clicks. However, sometimes there are also symptoms of blind love. This occurs when an author fails to recognize when their writing is flawed and still needs work. Alternately, there’s the over-controlling author who just won’t leave their writing alone and will over-edit their work.
Have a great relationship with your writing by finding balance: Know when you need to put time into your relationship with your writing and learn to let it go.
Whatever your relationship with your writing, remember:
It’s okay to love your writing. Just don’t love your writing.
Have a Conversation With Your Brand
It’s been shouted from blogs, echoed through social media valleys, and whispered across the richest plains of the Internet:
Content is king.
Wait! Before your eyes glaze over because you’ve heard these three words so many times that they seem cliché, hear me out.
You understand that content creation (articles, social media posts, videos, and much more) is important to your success and exposure, but there’s another side to this story.
Does Your Content Resonate?
Content only works if it resonates in two ways:
- Resonates with your readers by compelling them to think, feel, or act.
- Resonates with your brand by inherently relating to your mission and values.
Merely posting content and sending it through various promotional channels may seem like it’s enough to resonate with your brand, but it takes more than that. You need to create a lasting ripple effect that traces all the way back to your brand.
Open in Case of Writing Emergency!
You’re staring at a blank screen. You type a sentence and then delete it. Unsure how to begin or what to write, you remember: THE LIST.
This list (that the future you is just now recalling) features great writing ideas grouped by popular article topics to give your next writing session (and all future writing sessions) a running start!
From showing off your great management skills to creating a compelling connection with readers, check out each of these writing ideas to inform readers and leverage your authority as a leader in your niche.
Better Personal and Professional Management
- Prioritization Hacks: Help your readers hack their day! Provide a list of top priority, moderate priority and low priority things to help your readers find balance in their hectic lives.
- Effective Communication: The largest flaw for most businesses and relationships is ineffective communication. Present a list of common communication downfalls and solutions to overcome those hurdles.
- Calculated Risk: No growth is ever made without risk. Provide examples of areas your readers should take more risk and then also provide examples where they should rein in risk that is a bigger threat.
Every month @EzineArticles provides hundreds of useful tidbits of information, motivation, and training for over 103,000 followers.
We’ve gathered some of the best ones from January right here. Retweet any of them for motivation or to share with your Twitter followers.
Just CLICK on to Retweet.
- Afraid of criticism? Life’s too short and it’s not supposed to be easy. Listen to what’s being said, accept it, and move on.
- BELIEVE in yourself. That small voice in your head wants you to second guess yourself. Tell it to shut up. Focus on your remarkable value.
- Find the time to write today. If you can only write one paragraph, then write one paragraph. One is better than none.
Did you know in 2013, Twitter had roughly 200 million active users who sent over 400 million tweets daily?
If you haven’t been keeping up with Twitter, you may be losing an incredible opportunity to let your writing efforts take off. In this quick post, we’re going to show you why Twitter should be a part of your efforts AND how you can avoid letting your Twitter account lie fallow.
Why You Should Be Active on Twitter
- Improves your connection with readers and broadens your network.
- Amplifies your brand exposure and boosts your social credibility.
- Increases viral potential without needing a big marketing budget.
- Helps you stay on top of news in your niche and current events.
- Completes a social presence when used in conjunction with other social platform leaders.
Activate Your Twitter Presence
If your followers are hearing crickets, then you’re not going to achieve the great benefits Twitter provides. You don’t have to be on Twitter 24/7, but you do need to have an ongoing presence that isn’t broken up by periods of radio silence.
“Chaos is a friend of mine.” – Bob Dylan
Okay, wait just one minute. It’s time to hit “pause.”
Bad stress and overwhelming situations are not conducive to your productivity – especially when writing is involved. You can either let the chaos of your home and professional life get you down or perhaps even go through great lengths to beat it into submission.
However, there’s another alterative that many people overlook: get more out of your day by embracing your inevitable schedule, including taking unexpected interruptions into stride.
These tips can help.
Acknowledge Your Chaos
Break down the chaotic situation by dissecting the reason why it is so hectic. Do any (or all) of these sound familiar?
- You’re procrastinating.
- You’re allowing yourself to be distracted.
- You’re not good at communicating your intentions and goals.
- You’re not working at a time when you’re most productive.
- You’re fighting it.
Get Started With These Great Basics
Whether you’re publishing on EzineArticles.com, posting on social media, or generating posts for your blog, you need to give your content that extra boost in order to maximize the return you’ll get from the time you invested.
The best content-promotion ways that yield great results are still these tried-and-true methods. Simply click on the graphic below to view in a new window and then click the image to zoom in or out.
Name Dropping a Location? Make it Exclusive
Geographic-targeted content or creating content based on a location can be a great way to reach a particular audience … when done well.
Geographic-targeted articles done well can be helpful because they …
- speak to those people in or around that community
- show travelers what may be in-store for them when visiting
- help visitors and citizens understand the locality (i.e., markers, history, events, etc., about that location)
When geographic-targeted content isn’t done well, it can be problematic. Scenarios include …
- stuffing location-based keywords into articles, hoping it will increase rank (it doesn’t)
- writing information about a location that’s applicable to dozens of other locales (e.g., services available)
- promising a location, but disappointing readers with vague, generic, or misleading information
3 Smart Ways to Use a Location Name
You don’t have to be a travel writer to write about valuable geographic-targeted topics in your niche. Try these location-inspired angles in your next article:
Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Smartphone?
Smartphones have been getting significantly “smarter” over the years and are powerful tools for business. With our current technology-driven society, it can be challenging to keep up with the latest gadgets and innovations. It’s become an obsession, especially with smartphones, due to their potential for business growth and relationships. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been using a smartphone or tablet for years, or if you are just jumping on the bandwagon, this technology is definitely here to stay.
In order to continue making an impact or reach your audience on a wider level, sometimes the only option is to discover how new technology can positively impact your business and embrace it. Use these smartphone tips to aid your efforts.
You Need: Stay in Touch With a Smartphone
- Quick Contact – Your contacts and potential customers are at your fingertips. Whether it’s via text, phone call, email or social media, you can connect with others instantly. Face-to-face communication is resurging with FaceTime, Google Talk and Skype, so you can promote or discuss business anywhere at any time.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | 78 | 79