EzineArticles has certainly had its share of authors submitting quality articles over the years. Our authors range from beginners hoping to get their first article published to Expert Authors who have been writing articles with confidence for years. We take pride in preparing our young, unseasoned authors for success as well as assisting our more experienced authors for continued success. Our goal is to ensure our members are utilizing their EzineArticles account in the best way they can.
Apart from providing our members with a platform to post their content, we also offer advice on improving their author profile and account. Have a look at our top 10 tips to managing your account properly… like an Expert Author.
1. Extended Author Bio: Managing your EzineArticles account involves much more than writing and submitting articles. You need to complete your Extended Author Bio so your readers can review your background and accomplishments. Your Author Bio will serve a better purpose when you have a website listed. This is also the place where you can connect to all of your websites, blogs and social media profiles. We recommend taking another look at your Extended Author Bio to get your profile up-to-date and looking professional.
2. Profile Picture: An important step in completing your Extended Author Bio and establishing a presence for your readers is uploading a profile picture. It’s important for your readers to see a face behind the name of the content they’re reading. Your profile picture gives them a sense of who you are and what you represent, while also adding to your credibility as an author. If you’re still questioning whether this is a good decision for you or not, click here for more information.
3. Alternate Author Names: Did you know you can manage multiple author profiles on the same account? If you often write in a variety of categories and would like to track your articles separately, consider adding Alternate Author Names to your account. You can use variations of your current author name, pen names, or other authors associated with your brand and/or company. Please read A Guide to Managing Alternate Author Names for more details on adding more author names to your account.
4. Article Performance: All of our members are able to track the performance of their articles. You are able to monitor your articles’ traffic and activity over time, compare your articles, and view any comments left by your readers – just to name a few. You can also see the category ranking of your articles and view a monthly summary. Visit the Performance tab on My.EzineArticles.com to see how well your articles are doing.
5. Saved Resource Boxes: One of the most popular features authors take advantage of on EzineArticles.com is the ability to save up to 3 unique Resource Boxes to use with their articles. When you have multiple author profiles on your account, each one can have up to 3 Resource Boxes! However, updating a Saved Resource Box on your account will not affect any of your live articles. Visit here to start creating your Resource Boxes to use with your articles.
6. Author and New Article Alerts: There are almost 500,000 Expert Authors on EzineArticles.com. Can you believe it?! At any time you can sign up for new article alerts from your favorite authors. Visit the author’s page and enter your email address in the Author Alerts section. You can also get the latest articles in your niche with new article alerts. Visit the EzineArticles Subscriptions page to select all the content categories that interest you. If you would like your readers to sign up on your website to receive alerts about your newly published articles, click here for more information on how to set this up.
7. EzineArticles Widgets: Another convenient tool to add to your website is our EzineArticles Widget. You can set it to automatically add your newly published articles, or to add new articles in any category of your choice. You can also show articles from a different Alternate Author Name on your account (or even authors not associated with your account). Visit this page to use the EzineArticles Widget for authors not associated with your account.
8. Update Your Links: Managing your websites is another significant part of your business. There are times when the pages on your links don’t work properly, or your domain name changes. If you already have live articles with these links, you are free to update these articles at any time. If your account is in good standing and you have an excessive amount of articles to update, contact our Member Support Team for assistance. We might be able to replace the Resource Box in these articles quickly so you don’t have to make any updates.
9. Don’t Forget to Network: We’ve made it easier than ever to network with other authors in the My.EzineArticles.com Expert Author community. Start building and expanding your network with our Recommendations section, which lists thousands of potential connections based on your profile and article content. Use the Discussions section to ask for advice, share your achievements or start conversations with other Expert Authors! Learn more about this here.
10. Premium Membership: The last one on our list includes benefits involved with a Premium Membership. This paid Membership has benefits such as faster turnaround and response times, improved review quality, increased flexibility, and more! If you think you have all of the above topics in this post covered, you should think about becoming a Premium Membership subscriber. Here’s a quick guide to the benefits that this service offers you:
• Faster Article Reviews – your articles go to the front of the line, regardless of your Membership level
• Priority Member Support Responses – the fastest real-time responses from our Member Support Team
• Up to 12 Saved Resource Boxes – 9 more unique Resource Boxes to create
• 30 Reader-Targeted Keywords – 25 more top keywords readers used to find their articles, updated automatically for you
• Scheduled Article Release – schedule your articles to be released on a specific date and time
• Monthly Article Performance Reports – you’ll receive comparative data on views, click rates and ezine publishers to help you capitalize on your most successful articles
We hope you’re utilizing all of these areas on your EzineArticles account! If you have not had a chance to create an account with us, what are you waiting for? Create an account and learn what all the fuss is about here: https://EzineArticles.com/submit
What other tools or resources would you like to see in the future? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below!