NEW: Pin Your Articles on Pinterest

Exciting Update! You Can Now Pin Your Articles on Pinterest Easier Than Ever Before

You and your readers may have noticed a new addition to the social media sharing section of your articles: A brand new share this article on Pinterest button!

When one of Pinterest’s 70-million+ users selects this button, a fresh image that’s unique to the top-level category of your niche is shared with their followers and the entire Pinterest social sphere at large. To see the variety of fresh images assigned to the 30 top-level EzineArticles categories, check out our Browse EzineArticles.com Board on Pinterest.

Why Did We Make This Update?

First and foremost, whether you’re on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or LinkedIn, we want your articles to soar. On Pinterest, users do judge a book by its cover (the pinned image) and this presents a challenge for Expert Authors whose articles are text based.

The share this article on Pinterest button helps your articles become more pin and repin worthy. The new image helps your “cover” become more appealing by achieving the following:

• The size of the image takes up more real estate on Pinterest than most Expert Author photos and Category images that were previously shared so your pin is more easily seen.
  • The image is more relatable and engaging than the static EzineArticles’ category image.
  • You save time and money from having to create or purchase your own images to manually upload.
  • It increases the likelihood of sharing because the image is more visually stimulating than most author photos (it was reported that brand images without faces receive 23% more repins than images with faces).

Please note, these great benefits do not apply to the Pin on Pinterest button for browsers.

In the first week since we first launched this button, we’ve seen an increase of +97.69% Pins (based on the daily average of pins from EzineArticles.com) and an increase of +165.48% Pinners (based on the daily average number of people who pinned from EzineArticles.com). These numbers continue to climb.

Why Pinterest?

Pinterest is a web-based “pinboard” that allows its users to browse and share interesting information via images and video. You can use Pinterest as a point-of-entry for your current audience and new users by pinning your articles published on EzineArticles.com to build trust and increase your exposure.

It’s important to remember that Pinterest is only 3 years old. Compared to Facebook, the current social media traffic referral leader that has 13 years on Pinterest, there’s a lot of opportunity for growth in the growing Pinterest audience. According to Mashable.com, Pinterest has reportedly referred more traffic per user than Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit combined.

This update will only help you as far as catching the attention of the user on Pinterest. It’s up to you to maintain their attention once they have clicked-through to your link by providing quality, original content that’s transparent, informative, and valuable to the user.

So what are you waiting for? Let your audience know they can start pinning their favorite author’s articles on Pinterest today!

How to Pin Your Article

To begin, you must have a Pinterest account. Visit https://www.Pinterest.com/ to sign up.

To pin your articles onto your Pinterest account:

1. Visit any one of your articles published on EzineArticles.com
  2. Below the Was this article helpful? ranking to the right of your article (in web versions), you will see a social media sharing section. Select the Pinterest icon (the red icon with a P).
  3. A Pinterest Pick a board box window will open. Select which Board you would like to assign your pin.
  4. Review the Description and edit as desired.
  5. Select the Pin It button.

For more information on Pinterest, please visit the Getting Started section of Pinterest’s Help Center.

* This post was updated on November 21, 2013 at 2:40 p.m. CST.

Gladys writes:

Hello
Thank you for this tool you’ve added to those of us that have our articles on EzineArticles.

I have a question , can I add that pin to EzineArticles only or my blog?

Gladys

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Gladys,

Can you please clarify what you are asking? Are you talking about specifically pinning EzineArticles only or adding the Pin It button on your own blog?

~Vanessa

Ntathu Allen writes:

YAY!! thanks. I keep meaning to get my head around using pinterest so thanks for timely reminder.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Linda writes:

Yes, thanks for this info. I, too, am just getting into Pinterest.
Question…how do I do it? What are the mechanics? You’re talking to a non-techy!

Thanks,
Linda

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi Linda,

Getting on Pinterest is really easy, first you want to either create an account either using Facebook or your email address here: https://www.Pinterest.com/

Once you’ve created an account, Pinterest will walk you through exactly what a ‘pin’ is and how to find them. You then are able to set up your account to follow specific boards (boards are created by each individual person to categorize their specific pins) and can begin pinning yourself! Once you jump in, it’s really quite easy as you will surely find out!

~Vanessa

Heidi Walter writes:

Hi,

How exactly do you get to pin onto this EzineArticles board on Pinterest? Do we need to be invited to pin?

Thanks.

Heidi

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Heidi,

See my reply to Linda above! Hope this helps!

~Vanessa

Heidi Walter writes:

Do you mean I create a board myself for my e-zine articles? If so, how do those articles get onto the larger board with everyone’s articles?

Thanks.

Heidi

Liza Janda writes:

I’m confused. How do you pin a different photo? Or are we limited to the photos for the categories on ezine?

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Liza,

To pin a different photo, you’ll need to manually upload a photo and a link.

Marc

richard stadnyk writes:

Wow great article, I did not know Pinterest was that powerful! I am definitely going to be adding it when ever I publish articles. Thanks guys!

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

John Baran writes:

So I assume, that you must have an image or video to go with your EzineArticles article for this to work? Another way would be to put a link to your article in the description box of one your pins that is relevant to your article.This is what I do for my articles that do not have any images or videos associated with them. Remember, for some reason Pinterest does not like URL shorteners.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

John,

You’ll be happy to know that we do indeed provide the image for you.

Marc

Victor Scerri writes:

Me too. Thanks

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

emmy morgan writes:

Interesting article. As always. What’s bothering me is your title:

“Exciting Update! You Can Now Pin Your Articles on Pinterest More Easily Than Ever Before”

MORE EASILY??? From EZine.com? I used to get my knuckles cracked for that one. Has there been a change in correct English? I think of you as the bottom line.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Emmy,

You caught us! You’ll notice that we’ve since changed the language. Thanks for keeping us on our toes. :-)

Marc

JB writes:

Thank you for sharing this.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Matthew Morris writes:

It’ll be interesting seeing the pictorial representation of my articles.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I definitely need to take advantage of Pinterest, and add “Pinning” as a service I offer for promoting my clients.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Thanks. A blessed Thursday EzineArticles and everyone!

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Manoj writes:

Wow, great features introducing.. reality it’ll help me to promote my articles in pinterest. Thanks EzineArticles.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Thumb’s up from my side too for this article and more importantly the way you have shown us the power of Pinterest.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Gracious Store writes:

Please where do you say the pintrest share button is? I do not find the pintrest share button in my account where the other social buttons are?

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi Irene,

A section was added to this post at the bottom where it gives instructions on where and how to pin your articles. The Pin it button can be found on any live articles and is not found within your EzineArticles account.

~Vanessa

Johnn Williams writes:

HI Heidi,

Whenever I try to pin my article to my boards, I get an error on Pinterest that says: “cannot fetch the image.” What am I doing wrong? Also I want to change the image so that it goes better in my established categories. How may I do that? Thanks.

-John

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Heidi Walter writes:

I got that, too, but kept trying and the image eventually went thru.

Heidi

Emily writes:

A remark in your email leads me to ask: There’s still no way to put pictures in the article one writes; is that correct?
If there were, I would submit articles; I write between a thousand and 1300 words day on my blog, with graphics. I could adapt those to articles, ones that are adaptable.

Comment provided November 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

rob carmichael writes:

when i try and pin an article i get “Sorry we could not fetch the image.” – which is why i was a perplexed to see this email about pinning articles.

Comment provided November 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Deb Wood writes:

What a great addition to the article marketing idea as I am a new website owner and looking for ways to boost my presence on the internet.

Comment provided November 21, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Victor Scerri writes:

Well, Deb, we still don’t know how to pin an article. I’m waiting to hear if Emily, and Rob, get a response how to share an article with pin.

Comment provided November 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Hi Victor,

We added a section to this post giving detailed instructions on how to pin specific articles.

~Vanessa

Victor Scerri writes:

Thanks Vanessa, If you would be so kind and show me where you posted your detailed instructions or link. Thanks again.

The section can be found at the bottom of the post, where it reads:

How to Pin Your Article

To pin your articles onto your Pinterest account:

Visit any one of your articles published on EzineArticles.com
Review the Description and edit as desired.
Select the Pin It button.

Hope this helps!
~Vanessa

Victor Scerri writes:

Excellent Vanessa. Thank you.

Skb mar writes:

Pls tell me why is not accept my article

Comment provided November 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Hi Skb,

I see that your account is suspended due to an invalid author name. Please see our Author Name Guidelines here: http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-guidelines/guideline/2a

Please contact our Member Support Team to update your author name on your account.

~Vanessa

Pinterest has emerged as the vibrant graphic sharing tools. Graphical presentations have intense appeal than a text based sharing.

Comment provided November 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Great tool to share an article with others.

Comment provided November 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Some of the excellent pinboards that amaze the writers.

Comment provided November 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Deni Carruth writes:

This is great! I haven’t submitted an article in quite a while. I know. :(

But….I went in and pinned an old one. This is great! I am now inspired to write more, submit, and…..PIN!

Thanks so much for this great tool!

Comment provided December 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Daniel Baker writes:

Yes, thank you EzineArticles.com, been a long time waiting for this, as, Pinterest is a BIG site.

Comment provided January 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Kush Sharma writes:

Is this feature still there on Pinterest?

Comment provided June 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM