One year ago, I was introduced to the EzineArticles blog community. Since then, my appreciation for our Expert Authors has grown tenfold!
Ranging from newbies to experienced writers and from grammarians to SEO experts, our core readership and commenters are a great group of people who are truly amazing. From this dynamic group of people, I’ve learned the following over the past year:
- Expect the unexpected because no matter what happens, it’s all about passion.
- Be direct and reiterate to ensure you’re absolutely clear.
- Never make assumptions on what people know and don’t know.
- Logic and specific examples are better than lofty ideas.
- Comment spam is like keeping a horde of zombies at bay (thank goodness for spam filters!).
Based on insider data, online trends, your questions, and much more, we tailor the blog content to help you improve your article writing efforts, navigate the broad ocean of content marketing, and strengthen your overall platform. Are some topics more interesting than others? Perhaps, but each and every topic is an invaluable tool you can use to your advantage. In case you missed them over the past year, here are 10 that deserve your special attention:
- Top Ten Article Writing Tips … Featuring the best article writing advice you’ll ever need, we collected and selected the top ten writing tips from our experienced Expert Authors. [read]
- 100 Words Every Expert Author Should Know and Part II … These posts caused quite a stir on the blog and were a great reminder to write what you know and experiment with a variety of writing techniques to strengthen your writing skills. [read Part I] | [read Part II]
- How to Properly Cite Your Sources … This post has been by far one of the most helpful resources for our Expert Authors in navigating their way out of the source, citation, and reference confusion. [read]
- Is Your Website a High-Quality Site? … With 7,500+ links tested every day during article reviews, we put together a five-step litmus test to gauge whether your website provides a good user experience or needs improvement. [read]
- Losing Readers? Keep Them on Your Website By Improving User Experience … Like buying a home, it often takes much more than the curb appeal of a great article to maintain a visitor’s attention on a website. It’s all in providing a great experience built on trust and user-friendly design. [read]
- Writing an Effective Call-to-Action … A call-to-action is a pitch to your readers to urge or motivate them to take immediate action. These tips show you how to write an effective call-to-action to generate incredible results and increase your return on time investment. [read]
- Article in Problem Status? How to Troubleshoot a General Issue … Featuring the General Issues Checklist, this post helps our Expert Authors understand why their article may have been placed into Problem Status should they be asked to contact our Support team for clarification. [read]
- Content Planning …
- Part 1: Branding, Mission, and Vision: Increase your brand awareness with a vision and mission statement. [read]
- Part 2: Content Planning: Creating Your Brand Identity: Create a consistent brand identity to reinforce your efforts. [read]
- Part 3: Content Planning: Targeting Your Audience: Target your audience with an optimized position statement. [read]
Did I miss anything? Share your favorite EzineArticles blog post (or series) from the past year or of all time! Can’t think of one? Share the most memorable insight or advice you’ve gained from the EzineArticles blog in the comments section below.