Besides article writing, what’s another fantastic way to build trust, credibility, and exposure?
Similar to publishing articles on credible article directories, guest posting helps you advocate your platform.
With guest posting, you can achieve the following:
- Network with fellow experts in your niche
- Foster your credibility and authority
- Increase your visibility and reach in your niche
- Connect with new readers to grow your readership
- Provide unique backlinks to your blog or website
When writing a guest post …
Similar to publishing articles on EzineArticles.com, guest posting is most successful with quality, informative content. Don’t forget to provide a Resource Box or brief author biography that offers information about you, your organization, and how readers can further connect with you (i.e., a link).
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when writing a guest post:
- You’re entering another expert’s territory – ensure your piece has topnotch value to truly represent you and your brand.
- Scope out their audience! Provide benefit-oriented content for their needs and wants.
- Format content into easily digested chunks. Write in succinct paragraphs as well as use bolded headers and lists.
- Use active language and anecdotes to convey your point – are you the stuffy guest or are you the life of the party? (Be the latter!)
Should you consider allowing guest posting to your website?
Yes – but tread carefully! It may take a little time to build relationships with credible experts in your niche. Place quality checks along the way to steer clear of plagiarism and proofread all content prior to adding it your website. Once you’ve made those contacts, you may be able to pull from a steady stream of original and diverse content for your blog or website. This steady stream creates “stickiness” (visitors stay on your website) and increases your audience return rate.
Where can you easily start networking? Connect with dozens of Expert Authors, build your presence in your niche, and foster your very own Expert Author community within the Networking section of My.EzineArticles.com.
Have you found success with guest posting – either as the guest or publishing a guest post? What pros and cons do you foresee (or have experienced) in guest posting? What additional recommendations can you offer? Let us know – we’d love to hear from you!