Metrics Can Help You Grow
No strategy is born without some form of creativity, action, and analysis. For you, the Expert Author, this may involve brainstorming, writing, publishing, measuring the performance of each article, and then retuning the strategy based on what succeeded and what didn’t.
In the grand scheme of things, analysis and measurement are critical to increasing engagement, exposure, and authority, but they’re often overlooked. Many authors struggle to find the time to write articles and they don’t have a team reporting the metrics back to them. Often, it’s up to one author to fill the many roles an entire creative department can easily fill, so they have to take on the daunting task of tackling the metrics and interpreting the data.
You’re not alone and we’re here to help. You can easily determine your articles’ performance by utilizing the Traffic and Activity tools in your My.EzineArticles.com account.
Your Articles’ Metrics
First, log into your My.EzineArticles.com account and then select the Performance tab (this will automatically open to your Traffic page).
- Total Views – This shows you how many times your article has been viewed. Areas of impact include your title, your byline, your article’s summary, and even your Expert Author photo.
- Total URL Clicks – This shows you how many times the links in your Resource Box have been clicked. Areas of impact include your ability to wholly deliver on your article title, your article’s presentation (i.e., reader satisfaction), your Resource Box’s content, and link presentation.
- Total Click Rate – This will show you the ratio of clicks to article views. Use this as an indicator for growth.
Next, select Activity from the left-navigation menu to highlight how engaging your articles have been with publishers and readers.
- Total EzinePublishers – This shows how often the EzinePublishers page has been viewed for your articles.
- Total Shares – This shows you how often your articles have been shared via social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, etc.).
- Total Comments – This shows you how many times your articles have been commented on.
- Total Emails – This shows you how many times your articles have been shared through email.
Staying on top of your metrics can help you monitor your engagement with your audience and pinpoint areas where improvement is needed. If your content resonates with your audience, you will see these metrics increase. If not, no worries – you can create a concrete strategy to create, act, and analyze.
Have any questions about what these metrics may mean? Are you focusing on any particular metric above in your strategy? What have you discovered? Let’s fire up a discussion in the comments section below or simply contact our Support team through your My.EzineArticles.com account for a private discussion. We look forward to your comments!
Did you know Premium, Platinum, and Diamond level members get a Monthly Summary providing their top keywords, top performing articles, and more? Check on your membership level to discover how you can upgrade your account or gain access to speed, control, and data-driven intelligence with a Premium Subscription.