Celebrating EzineArticles Top 20 Expert Author Showcases

20 Article Writing Tips From the Experts

Since 2005, we have featured 200 Expert Authors on the EzineArticles Blog! In celebration of this amazing milestone, we collected the top 20 Expert Authors to share once again with you. Here they are with their best tips:

1.  Lisa Mason: “[Balancing quality and quantity] is a skill that comes with much practice … Quality is important … However, you’re not trying for a Pulitzer with every article you submit.”

2.  Harriet Hodgson: “Article marketing is the key to promoting my work … I would tell newbie article marketers to strive for quality every time. In other words, try to top yourself. To understand word flow and emphasis, I often read my articles aloud before I submit them.”

3.  Titus Hoskins: “The articles which seem to do the best for me are the ones that I am most excited about writing. Bit cliche, but the passion shows, no matter what you do.”

4.  Steve Wickham: “[If I had to start over again] I’d structure my articles from the beginning with more subheadings. I’d also get savvy with better titles. Also, I’d better utilise keywords; I didn’t use the maximum characters until I realised that it actually pays to use every character possible. In short, do everything you can to make each article as attractive as possible.

5.  Lisa Angelettie: “Wow! If I had to start all over again, I would buy less of the “bright and shiny” marketing systems and coaching programs promising me the moon and the stars and just do more of the consistent marketing actions that work. For me, that is writing and publishing articles, then doing it again and again.”

6.  Richard Brody: “I would recommend that ‘newbies’ develop a personal style and write on topics that interest them. When I have written articles based on the recommendations of others, I haven’t felt the personal direct ‘connect’ that motivates me.”

7.  Elisabeth Kuhn: “I hardly ever sacrifice quality for quantity. I want my brand to stand for quality – quality writing and quality information – so I do my best to avoid fluffy or otherwise sloppy articles.”

8.  Tiffany Dow: “There are three things that motivate me … First, there’s money in the end result. Second, there’s a new and powerful backlink pointing to my site for added relevancy … And lastly, there’s the opportunity I’m given to share my expertise and increase my own branding authority within a niche.”

9.  Paula Eder: “Produce content regularly. You’re more likely to get a steady stream of traffic by writing and submitting a steady stream of articles. Submitting articles in big groups will give you spikes in article view numbers, but those spikes may wear off quickly.”

10.  Marcia Yudkin: “People want to read articles with personality as well as content. Readers respond to your unique set of attitudes and information, which rarely comes across from a hired writer. And definitely don’t post lousy articles that are little more than keywords strung together in minimally interesting sentences. This just clogs the Internet with junk and wastes everyone’s time!”

11.  Daniel Murphy: “Article writing forces you to become well read and competent in your field. It makes you think more clearly about your subject areas. The best way to learn anything well is to teach it and writing articles is a form of teaching. The more one writes, the better one becomes at it. There is no substitute for just getting in there and doing it every day you can.”

12.  Carla McNeil: “Get more articles out there faster. Nothing beats getting the feedback that my article helped someone solve a problem … Just keep writing.”

13.  Erica Goodstone, Ph.D.: “As the Nike Ad says, ‘Just do it.’ Starting has a momentum all on its own. As you write, it becomes much easier to write. If your grammar and spelling are not that good, write your article in your computer program, e.g. Microsoft Word. Show it to somebody who can help you to fix up the spelling or grammar. Then, when it is fixed … submit your article.”

14.  Lee Binz: “Appreciate that people approach the topic from every perspective… I do not write to a single type of homeschooler. They can be beginners or experts. Some have one child and some have twelve (or even more). Sometimes I feel I should be the one asking for advice!”

15.  David L Greene: “EzineArticles has been one of the best Internet marketing decisions I’ve made over the years. One thing that is important with [writing articles] is to produce content consistently, not once a month. The benefits … will be dramatic in that regard. The whole process is a marathon, not a sprint!”

16.  Bruce Hoag: “Like many writers, I often use prompts … Some books for writers will describe short scenes, and then ask you to write about a particular character or from a different point of view. Anything that gets you to start writing, whether it’s good, bad, or indifferent will prime the writing pump.”

17.  Nancy O’Neill: “I rarely submit an article or story to any publication without having someone else read it. It’s easy for a writer to think everything makes sense because it’s their words and thoughts. Having someone give it an once-over seems logical. Oftentimes my husband is my sanity check with my writing.”

18.  Stephen J. Blakesley: “Initially, I wrote an article once a week. Lately I have committed to quality over quantity … Do not discount the value of the articles you write in establishing yourself as an expert.”

19.  John Highman: “[Article] writing is the way to set up a matrix of credibility globally. It just comes down to writing quality articles; the more the better. Yes, it does mean that you have some work to do … but article writing is almost foolproof providing you know what you are talking and writing about. Article writing makes you the expert, and your credibility will rise.”

20.  Terry Weber: “If you want be an Expert Author, you have to write! If you want to be a writer, you first have to be a thinker … After all of that thinking and preparation, be sure to be ENTHUSED about what you are writing. Allow that excitement to show in what you write. “

Read more about each of the above authors by clicking on their name above to visit their original spotlight or visit their Expert Author profile page by selecting their image. You can browse all of the Expert Author Showcases as well as Spotlights in the “Author Showcase” category. Thank you to all of our 200 Expert Author Showcase authors!

Do you have a question or comment for any of our featured authors? Share it in the comments section below! Who knows? Maybe you’ll catch the EzineArticles Team’s eye and be featured too!

Terry Weber writes:

Thanks for this award and recognition. We are much involved in clean up after Sandy hit us hard here in New Jersey. Three feet of water in our home. All neighbors the same. We removed all furniture & appliances (wet) and threw away. Now we have to wait for Home Owners and Flood Insurance agents to advise us. Yesterday we had about 12″ of heavy snow. We will have to try to adjust to this new way of life. Praise the Lord we are all safe. The storm, as the Bible says, “came to pass” …not to stay. Thanks for all of your prayers and help. Will write about it later.

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hi Terry,

We are sorry to hear about what you and so many others are going through on the East Coast. Our thoughts are with you as you work through this challenging time.

~Vanessa

Terry Weber writes:

Vanessa,
Thanks for your message, it helps to know we have your sympathetic support. This is a major life change for us. We’ll be living with our daughter until we can rebuild. Our neighbors all have to find other places to live as well. There is lots of local support for all of us. We just hope President Obama will follow through with his promise of positive action and support in the days ahead of all of us.

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Lisa Mason writes:

Thank you so much for the recognition. I greatly enjoyed doing the interview for the Author Spotlight and I always enjoy reading the others. It’s great to learn something new and to see how others find success here as well. Wonderful to see some great faces here with me!

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Lisa,

I am so impressed with your quantify of good quality articles, over 700. Your writing is prolific and your recognition certainly well earned.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Bruce Hoag writes:

I’m stunned and humbled to be part of such an illustrious list. But, like all good writers, none of us would be here if we hadn’t been able to stand on the shoulders of those before us who were even better.

Now, let’s get back to writing!

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Bruce,

Congratulations on being selected as one of the 20 top EzineArticles author showcase authors. I look forward to reading your articles. As you said, “Let’s get back to writing.” I think this has inspired each of us to write even more.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

John Highman writes:

Thank you for such a ranking. I am in such great company as well!

Writing articles is really about spreading knowledge and experience. As ‘experts’ with experience we can help so many people in our niche.

For the true experts and writers in every niche there is no doubt that articles are the best way to reach tens of thousands of people with top information and great ideas.

Thank you to EzineArticles for providing a top quality service and professional publishing solution for good writers.

Integrity and quality in writing are important elements of article creation, and EzineArticles knows exactly how to protect that for all concerned. The World Wide Web is expanding at a great rate today and quality information is more important than ever before.

Well done to all. Now back to writing……… (its 5am and I have some articles to get done before 9am).

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

John,

I agree with you that article writing at EzineArticles provides access to not tens but hundreds of thousands of readers. We are reaching people all around the globe with our knowledge, insights and experience.

Congratulations for being part of this wonderful group. I will make it one of my tasks to read at least one article of each of the 20 people here.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Randall Magwood writes:

Big fan of Tiffany Dow. She obviously knows what she’s doing online. Congrats to everyone else also.

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

David Greene writes:

I would like to congratulate all of the authors honored and especially thank EzineArticles for running a quality article site. I love contributing and it has helped me considerably as the best article directory site in the world! Keep up the incredible work:)

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM

WOW thanks everyone!

This is just another great example why I continue to write and post my articles here on EzineArticles. Everyone loves to be recognized and you folks do such a great job.

This is an excellent platform, offering great tools and services, plus you attract so many other great authors I feel humbled to be on this list.

Thanks again!

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Don Tietz writes:

Carla, I love read your informative articles. You really earned your way on to this list of great authors. Congratulation!!!

Jeff Herring writes:

Congratulations Carla! So cool that you got this award while here at our Hacienda Retreat – so proud of you!

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear you about how the storm affected you and glad to hear you and your family are okay. I lived through several hurricanes in South Florida few years ago and I can truly empathize. I love your bible quote that the storm came to pass but not stay.

So enjoy the recognition for being 1 of 20 selected as the top Expert Author Showcases out of 400,000 ezinearticle writers.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM

What a delightful surprise to receive an email from EzineArticles.com support telling me I was selected among the top 20 of the author showcase group of 200 authors. I love writing. I love what it feels like to put my thoughts onto paper and to know that others are reading it. And at EzineArticles, we receive such a display of stats so that we can see the huge effect of our writing.

I have been surprised about which of my articles, written in many different niches, have been the all time most read. That information gives me insight into what people are needing, wanting and seeking.

Thank you to the EzineArticles.com staff. You do a wonderful job for all of us, with all that free training and the fact that you never put pressure on us to write a certain number of articles or at certain times or on specific topics.

Thank you for this special acknowledgement.

Dr. Erica

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Really encouraging are the words from Top Authors .
I am a beginner and just completed the Training from you……Hoping to submit a well written article shortly..Wish all the best to you and the Authors.

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Mohan,

Just start writing. Ask for input from friends to make your articles read well – and then just keep writing. It helps you to clarify your thinking and to connect with other people around the world.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Thanks for the useful advice.

Jeff Herring writes:

Dr. Erica – Congrats on your place in EzineArticles Top 20 Expert Author Showcases – you have earned it…

So proud of you – now keep it up!

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Jeff Herring writes:

Elizabeth – Congrats on your place in EzineArticles Top 20 Expert Author Showcases – your brand does indeed stand out…

So proud of you – now keep it up!

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Jeff Herring writes:

Tiffany – Congrats on your place in EzineArticles Top 20 Expert Author Showcases – you’re so right about the end result…

So proud of you – now keep it up!

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Jeff Herring writes:

Hey Paula – Congrats on your place in EzineArticles Top 20 Expert Author Showcases – you got it right about staying consistent…

So proud of you – now keep it up!

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Terry Weber writes:

All twenty of us, with this new rank, need to realize that “RHIP and RHIR” (an old USNavy slogan) is now a big part of our futures.
RHIP: Rank Has It’s Privileges.
RHIR: Rank Has It’s Responsibilities.
So, we need to pass along our knowledge, enthusiasm and love of writing to as many other aspiring writers as we can.
Remember: “If it is not written, it does not exist!”

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Terry,

I like that. Thanks. RHIP and RHIR.
I never thought about what you said – “If it is not written, it does not exist.” And – once it’s written, it has an impact upon other people. We may never know who we have reached and how our words affected them. Sometimes we hear about the effect months or years later.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Nancy O'Neill writes:

What a nice thing to wake up to yesterday. I feel so honored that I was included in this list of great writers. In addition to writing for Ezine, I’m now on the third book in my children’s series, Guess What?

I feel so lucky getting to do what I love and this recognition is the extra special icing on the cake.

Congrats to everyone on this list.

Thanks EzineArticles.

~ Nancy

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Nancy,

It felt like such a treat to be included in this list. I look forward to reading some of your articles.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Nancy O'Neill writes:

I agree. I’m still smiling because of this.

Don Tietz writes:

Congratulations to all the great authors on this list.You all writing such interesting articles.

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Terry Weber writes:

Erica,
Thanks. Years later I’ve had people tell me about one or more of my old articles…made me feel good! You’re right, we may never know.

Comment provided November 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

How lovely to go to my inbox and see this wonderful recognition of folks (including myself) who really simply love to write.

Thank you for the honor as I see that I’m in really great company here:)

Now I’ve got to go write up something about it:)

Congrats everyone!

Comment provided November 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Lisa,

I felt the same way. Wonderful to be surprised with unexpected good news. And you deserve it for sharing your unique wisdom with others.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

subhash writes:

Thanks Harriet Hodgson,
great post , please continue………

Comment provided November 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Elisabeth Kuhn writes:

Wow! This award made my day. And then I got distracted before responding…

I feel very honored by this award and really appreciate it. And I’m especially excited about being in the company of my favorite authors – present and soon-to-be favorites. (I plan to get to know the ones I don’t know yet by checking out their profiles and their articles).

Thanks so much!

Elisabeth

Comment provided November 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Elizabeth,

I feel so blessed to be in the company of such successful authors like yourself. I also plan to get to know everyone here better by reading bios and articles written by each of you – and leaving some comments.

Warmly,