EzineArticles Presents: The Haunted Typewriter

Poor Grammar Is Scary!

Dared to enter the condemned schoolhouse by friends, Johnny pushed through cobwebs and found it: the haunted typewriter. Legend dictates the typewriter, possessed by Miss Darkwright, types a message back, but those who have discovered its secrets have never returned.

Discover what happens to Johnny and whether he meets the mysterious Miss Darkwright in the video below.

Poor grammar can be horrifying! Browse the EzineArticles Blog’s Grammar Tips category to brush up on your grammar and explore the following topics:

Top Spelling Blunders

We collected the most common spelling mistakes even the most credible expert authors make. Check out the Top Spelling Blunders series to be watchful of these top 20 misspelled words!

Top Misused Words

By Expert Author demand, we collected the top 20 misused words of the English language. Check out the Top Misused Words series to strengthen your writing skills and maintain your credibility as an Expert Author.

Top Punctuation Howlers

Spelling and misused words get a lot of airtime, but what about misusing exclamation points, comma splices, and semicolons? We recently revealed punctuation errors and proper usage in the Top Punctuation Howlers series.

Avoid eternal detention with Miss Darkwright! Strengthen your writing skills and maintain your credibility as an Expert Author by ensuring these grammatical errors never see the light of day again. Visit the Grammar Tips category for the latest writing tips today!

Chuck Warren writes:

Ha, typewriters…most kids nowadays don’t even know what those are!

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Peter Nehemia writes:

The typewriter is holy – Ginsberg

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 3:04 PM

You can’t beat the holiday humor. All work and no play can make Halloween a less enjoyable day.

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

Poor grammar is scary… terrifies me into clicking to a different webpage.

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

This is something that every author ought to constantly work on regardless of what level they are at in their craft. For instance, I am always challenged with the grammar rules of the English language so I should review these things everyday. A superior writer ought to also refresh their memory on this topic every few days until it becomes a reflex.

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Tina Mundy writes:

You are so right Penny, poor grammar Is scary..

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Joaseph Dabon writes:

I was tempted to go through all the writing tips but I don’t like to go back to grammar school.

Though I fared well in my English classes in school (I never had to take final exams) but I think what helped me write better is not the endless hours spent in the classrooms but in the endless hours of reading books.

I would recommend the same to would-be writers.

Comment provided October 31, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Linda writes:

An excellent reminder!

And now for a little patriotism…..It’s always frustrating when I see Americanised spellings and sentence structure in articles. Queen’s English is what we should all strive to achieve.

Perhaps in this instance I won’t say anything more….

Comment provided November 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Although I have several royal lines which take my genealogy through nearly all the Kings and Queens of Europe, or they were offshoots of my line, my ancestors Protestants were on the Mayflower, and we won the Revolutionary War. I’d say do the fact that the United States is the greatest nation ever created in mankind – the that Brits must yield – and the American version of English must prevail, of course that’s just my genes talking.

Linda writes:

Hmm – I will never YEILD, though there are some Americans to whom I would happily yield. But then I’m English, not Enlish. The latter being a nation of people of whom I have never heard. Where in Europe might I locate their kingdom? ;)

L

Mudasir writes:

Poor grammer is always scary to me !
Can you please suggest me some software to test my grammer and english vocabulory

Comment provided November 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I guess I type too fast into this silly little box, nice typo catch, touche.

Comment provided November 1, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Linda writes:

Graciously acknowledged, sir.

Have a happy day.
L

Comment provided November 1, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Lee Workman writes:

Ha ha! That was good. I wood have given up and run away after the first too tries! (just joking miss darkwrite, just joking! Ok, I am OUTTA HERE)

Comment provided November 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Bad grammar definitely doesn’t help with bounce rate, people see bad grammar and they’re off to the next site. Thanks for the awesome resources.

Comment provided January 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM