EzineArticles Asks the Expert Author

Share Your Answer to Today’s Question

Our last edition of EzineArticles Asks the Expert Author was such a hit, we decided to step it up a notch.

We discuss dozens of topics every year – from SEO tactics to grammar to EzineArticles tools and more. Why do we choose these topics?

First of all, you ask us! Based on questions here on the blog as well as questions sent to us from every corner of our platform (Member Support, Facebook, Twitter, and more), we discuss your concerns and explain a wide variety of options available to you.

Next, we consider the latest trends. We keep tabs on what’s happening online in order to provide you with accurate information you can rely on. If you can’t stay up-to-date, you can’t innovate and in turn, you can’t lead.

Finally, we examine the data. We track heaps of data and analyze it from a range of angles to ensure everyone is covered and represented.

Like we’ve said before, all of this data doesn’t hold a torch to your valuable experience and voicing your needs, which is how we chose today’s question:

Let us know in the comments section!

I would like to see your analysis of which articles are more successful: (1) Articles written as a story (2) Articles written without a story.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Les Rogers writes:

I’d like to see articles covering how to make articles more humorous and entertaining. It seems difficult to present “how to’s” in a way that’s not robotic.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hi Les,

We recently touched on this exact topic on the blog. You can read more about how to add more humor to your articles here: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2012/09/how-to-add-humor-to-your-articles.html

~Vanessa

Beverly Boisen writes:

I would like to see the first line of a story to be completed.
That to me is such a challenge.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

aisha writes:

I would like to see the restarting of HAHD contest. It was a huge motivational factor in writing quality articles.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hi Aisha,

Thank you for your suggestion. In order to help keep you motivated, we recommend utilizing the challenges option you have within your My.EzineArticles account. Select the Profile tab at the top of the screen, where you will find ‘Challenges’ listed on the left hand side. Here you can start your own writing challenges or browse and join other challenges that others have created. It is a great way to challenge yourself and compete with others in the process!

~Vanessa

Shirley Slick writes:

I’m with Aisha! I miss the challenges through EzineArticles. It may seem silly, but the prizes for HAHD motivated me more than just signing up for someone’s challenge. Not completing someone’s challenge does not have the sense of “loss” as not completing a contest I signed up for with you. The motivation to make you proud of my writing as well as the excitement at receiving the certificate and/or cup was surprisingly powerful. There was only one HAHD after I joined, and signing up for it seemed as if I had made a contract with you. I was highly motivated to complete that contract. I think you underestimate the power of your contests.

BEVERLY BOISEN,
First line of a story…how about: “Once upon a time…” or “In the beginning…”a

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Terry Chestnutt writes:

I would like to see examples of highly converting resource boxes with annotation. Thanks.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Garry Ponus writes:

I’ll second that!

Ehtesham Mirza writes:

I would like to see comprehensive analysis on humanity and human values. Thanks.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I am happy. No requests.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Salihu S Dikko writes:

I would like to see the type of articles that are most accepted on the online market place, so that we focus most on providing such articles too, to avoid: beating about the bush, waste of time and resources at our disposal.
More so, let me see how new babies can easily move from stagnated mode to a viable stage, to motivate, encourage and double efforts, as well as production. In fact, so far, I am impressed with much, we have being given by you. And thank you and your team.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

I’d like to see more videos on how to market my articles more effectively online – so that I can get the most out of my articles.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Shirley Slick writes:

I would like to see how people are tying their article writing to Pinterest or vice versa. I don’t quite understand what Pinterest is to accomplish.

Comment provided October 16, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your suggestion! We recently did a post on how to increase your exposure using Pinterest. You can find this here: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2012/06/pin-your-articles-to-increase-your-exposure.html

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

~Vanessa

Yvette writes:

I really hope you guys can accept other language articles such as Chinese, English is not my home language, I can’t write a good article in English.

Comment provided October 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Lourdes Burias writes:

I wish someone would write an article about how to be an internet savvy where the details are given for each item.

Thanks. .

Comment provided October 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Sean R Mize writes:

I would like to see a return of the EzineArticles coffee mugs. I have 3 or 4 of them, and it’s my favorite cup to drink coffee out of :-)

Comment provided October 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Zahra J. Saleh writes:

Going back to school. I am reading and enjoying grammar section. Thanks.

Comment provided October 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Terry Chestnutt writes:

I have a pretty good relationship with EzineArticles as it is. Usually I submit some high quality content and link it to a lead capture page I created in where I offer to send more high quality content specific to the topic of the article. Usually it is approved for publication. But there seems to be at least one submission reviewer who always wants yet more high quality content given to him. A squeeze page doesn’t cut it with him. I have wasted a lot of precious time creating high quality content that was rejected for this reason. I would like the coming project to cover how to handle quirks in the article marketing world.

Comment provided October 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Yokaselvi writes:

Why would even great writers plan visits to advertising agencies as well as hunt for books on advertising?

Comment provided November 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Trevor writes:

Just a note to say thank you for the comprehensive tutorial on grammer in writing. It was so well put together. effective and informative.

Comment provided November 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM