Expert Author Showcase: Doron Gil, Ph.D.

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Doron Gil, Ph.D. in Today’s Showcase

Writing articles on a weekly basis, Expert Author Doron Gil, Ph.D. focuses on the importance of self-awareness in successful relationships.

After publishing his book, “The Self-Awareness Guide to a Successful Intimate Relationship,” Doron saw article writing as a way to share his expertise and valuable contributions to his niche.

“The more involved I have become, the more I realized that the process of writing enriches me on two levels,” Doron stated. “First, the more articles I write, the more I feel that I contribute to the well being of readers and to their success in their relationships. Second, throughout the writing process – as I read other ezine experts’ articles, books, and magazines and by being tuned in to the news and the world around me – I get new ideas for my on-going writing and continue to expand my own awareness of the issues I write about.”

Finding Connections as a Source of Inspiration

Gaining inspiration through extensive reading and listening to the news, Doron is motivated to find connections between a variety of fields and his topic of expertise. “My typical writing session begins by jotting down ideas …” Doron described. “I expand these ideas into short paragraphs to write a brief essence of the article. I then sit down by the computer and write the first draft of the article.”

Using Monthly Summaries and other performance tools, Doron has amassed many incredible insights. “The best articles are short, to the point, having a clear and straightforward message,” he stated. “My advice to newbie Expert Authors therefore is to write short, concise articles to enable the article’s main theme to come across to your readers more easily and so you can ‘market’ your idea more efficiently.”

Building Article Writing Strength

In our interview, Doron shared a few challenges and how he overcame them to become a successful Expert Author in a competitive niche.

Challenge: How to not repeat the same issue over and over again.

Doron: I overcame it by approaching the same topic from different angles.

Challenge: How to be productive and write at least 1 article per week.

Doron: I overcame it by constantly reading other experts’ articles, books, newspapers, and magazines to come up with yet another new idea for an article.

Challenge: How to market my book and articles.

Doron: I overcame this challenge by deciding that I should write my articles not necessarily from a marketing view point, but from an educational one. Meaning my passion and interest is in helping others find true love and successful relationships in their life as well as in helping them become Self-Aware and empowered to develop and maintain intimacy. Having this in mind, I don’t focus on marketing … I focus on the content and quality of my articles, feeling if I follow my heart and passion I help others via my writing.

Follow your heart and passion by writing quality content for your audience! Try Doron’s strategies in your own article writing efforts to build your credibility and a loyal audience.

Do you have a question or comment for Doron? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Online Jobs writes:

I have learned a lot of new things from this article. Nice to meet you Dr. Doron

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Thanks for your comment. Nice to know that my article(s) are useful. Doron

JoeTranscriber writes:

It’s great to hear some good advice coming from one who overcame it. Great stuff, by the way.

I have resolved myself to write one article every week to get my ideas out there.

Joseph

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM

It is a great idea! Resolving to write one article per week not only will get your ideas out there but will also help you focus – time and again – on the message you want to disseminate to others. I wish you success! Doron

Reilly Realtors writes:

Thank you for sharing, Dr. Doron!
I’m going to attempt at staying active in my writing as well!

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM

The more you write the easier it becomes and more fluent you become. Follow your passion and write about the topics you are interested in!

Good advice. Yes! you are right: the most important thing is to have an expertise on a topic and find new angles to your articles. Looking forward to read some more of your articles.

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I appreciate your comment. I enjoy noticing that being an expert doesn’t necessarily mean attacking the same subject from the same view-point time and again, but confronting it from a variety of angles – this makes writing and thinking much more stimulating and can “touch” the reading audience at their respected levels.

Randall Magwood writes:

Doron congratulations for the publicity, and thanks for your tips on becoming an excellent writer.

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Thanks, Randall, I hope my tips are helpful to you! Doron

Doron,

As a fellow relationship healing expert, I agree that writing what I am passionate about feels so much better than writing in such a way as to market something. If I write something that educates the person who is seeking that specific information, that is a win win.

Thanks for sharing your tips.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Erica, that’s so right: the win-win situation. Writing about what we are passionate about is indeed – I believe – the way to writing a good, coherent and educative article. Don’t they say about literature that those who write to “express themselves” write better than those who write according to a “formula”? Best of luck with your own writing, Doron

sreekumar writes:

Yes it is true and it is absolutely necessary to remain sincere to the topic.

Comment provided August 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Indeed, being sincere is the key; then the length of the article is secondary. Doron

autmnwind writes:

I am just starting a college course and will be writing many reports. Your article was recommended reading but not required. I am very glad I decided to read it and I thank you for your positive and excelent tips!
Thanks again!

Comment provided August 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad to hear my tips have been helpful to you. Good luck with your college course. By the way – which of my articles has been recommended reading? Doron

Vijay Mishra writes:

Yes, well done Doron Gil your all topic is self improvement and relationships related so I well read all topics, when I will have laser time I have bookmarked you’re all topic. Thank you so much Doron Gil.

Comment provided August 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Thanks, Vijay for your comment. I always believe that some issues – such as self-awareness and relationships – are ones we should make time for, and rather early than later. I hope you will find the time available to embark on these topics, and I wish you success! Doron

Thanks you all for your nice comments. It is great to be acknowledged and feel that my passion to my area of expertise comes through. Your comments encourage me to keep writing my ideas about Self-Awareness and Relationships. I truly believe that these topics are of prime importance in today’s world.

Doron Gil, Ph.D.

Comment provided August 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Lisa writes:

Great article and it’s a pleasure to meet you!
I love your last tip about writing from a place of contribution and teaching instead of marketing. I know that I can sometimes get caught up in the business side of things and forget why I do what I do: help others and their dogs. An audience can certainly “read through the lines” when an article is more salesy than helpful. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment provided August 6, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Lisa, thanks for your comment. As you have indicated, the “secret” to a helpful article is that it teaches the readers something, rather than selling. No wonder you have emphasized this “secret” in your comment, hence – your own site talks about “secrets from a professional”…Looks like whichever profession we have, the secret of success is the same. Good luck to you, Doron

john russo writes:

Like your ideas. I’ve been using some of the same technique. What I enjoy most is being passionate about the subjects i write about but also research them. Your so right about the methods you use, jotting down ideas,approaching the subject from different angles and writing that first rough draft.

Everyone, including expert authors always have a rough draft that needs editing.

Comment provided August 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hi John, I appreciate your comment. Indeed, when we wish to help others get more ouf of life – as you attempt to do! – jotting down ideas and approaching our task from different angles is helpful and wise. I wish you success! Doron

Zahra J. Saleh writes:

Mr. Doron,
You have highlighted one of my beliefs about writing a topic which is having a passion for it and also being faithful about it. So Mr. Doron, thanks for confirming it to me.
Zahra

Comment provided August 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Athena Clara writes:

I agree with your last tip – I also write to educate people.
Thanks for the great article!

Comment provided August 7, 2012 at 5:11 AM