Expert Author Showcase: Christine Larsen

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Christine Larsen in Today’s Showcase

Many Expert Authors feel like throwing in the towel after submitting their work to other websites and then waiting weeks (even months) only to receive a rejection without direction or support. Rejection is a crippling feeling for any author. For Expert Authors like Christine Larsen, innovation and improvement as well as a deep-rooted passion overcomes rejection.

After joining EzineArticles in June 2010 to improve her writing style and skills, Christine experienced the joy of seeing her writing published at last. Using the feedback EzineArticles provided on her articles, Christine found value in the constructive criticism and has achieved the highest EzineArticles membership level: Diamond.

“It’s a valuable learning curve to have this kind of editorial advice, direction and support, without the outright rejection [and without reason] that can happen at many other venues,” Christine stated. “The EzineArticles Editorial staff has remained supportive and has tried ever harder to answer my questions to my satisfaction. Often I didn’t agree at the time, but have come to appreciate the wisdom and patience of the staff, and that they have in fact, had my best interests at heart … always.”

Notes on Article Writing

Christine’s articles are tempting windows into a world in which she invites you to step in and share her space for a while. Inspired by memories and opinions based on a lifetime of experience and challenges as a wife, mother, grandmother, and farmer, Christine waits for her ideas to brew, believing “all good things come to those who wait.”

To add a little fuel to her inspiration, Christine uses Article Templates. “I find I love the templates and have a file with copies of all of them,” she commented. “Sometimes I go through them and put Post-it notes on individual templates with ideas/titles/themes – ready for possible development into an article … or sometimes not. But that’s OK, because it often stirs a memory or fits somehow with an opinion I hold, or an idea that’s still deep within my ‘think tank’.”

Christine’s Strategy and Advice to Expert Authors

Although she modestly claims her strategy isn’t much, Christine’s simple plan to increase her exposure is extremely successful. Christine engages readers and visitors alike using the combination of quality, original content, and cross-traffic from her website, blog, Squidoo lens, and articles on EzineArticles.com.

Experience has given Christine many incredible insights to share. In her own words, here are the hard-earned tips she’d like to share with you:

• Never stop trying to be heard/read.

• Be open to take advice/learn/improve – never ever give up or stop believing in yourself.

• Analyse … over and over; edit … again and again.

• Read your work out loud – preferably to someone else – but at least to yourself, no matter how foolish it seems. It’s the best way to detect inconsistencies and omissions in rhythm, grammar, punctuation, and ‘see’ spelling errors and ‘typos’ … The best of writers get carried away at times with the thoughts tumbling out of the brain faster than a champion typist could cope with.

• Don’t accept the auto-corrections or suggestions of Spell check. It has no imagination. [It] accepts words like ‘hear’ and ‘here’ (even in the most ridiculous context), [it] rejects truly great words you have maybe invented or embroidered – and [it] also rejects out-of-hand universally accepted slang words or proper names.

When it comes to article writing, Christine stated, “‘If I can do it, anyone can’ is my stance and I don’t plan to come down from my soapbox on the subject any time soon.”

Heed Christine’s advice to persevere with your own article writing efforts. And remember: “All good things come to those who wait.” Be patient with your writing efforts – success is just around the corner.

Do you have a question or comment for Christine? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Anupam Chatterjee writes:

Dear Christine,

Such article are quite inspirational. I have had a very old desire to write all that I know if it helps others and helps me too. I have just started writing and was getting bit upset as to why people are not viewing my article. Your inspirational note has again aroused in me the desire to write once again.

Anupam

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Career writes:

Nice to know about Christine Larsen. Examples like this motivates us to create new innovative article.

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Kay Bauer writes:

A very warming article Cristine. My husband and I are just beginning to get some real effects from writing articles on EzineArticles. We have other places we have sent articles but we seem to always head back to EzineArticles as they do answer within reasonable time and they have a great web page that guides us. Good luck in your endeavors and don’t give up.

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

G.S.Commander writes:

I aggree about the auto-corrections or suggestions of Spell check having no imagination
It also has a slighty quirky idea of grammer sometimes, but I still use the tool mostly to check my spelling
As I have a habit of not seeing typo’s

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

That is a nice one Christine. As for me I have a burning desire to continue writing articles. However, as a new beginner, I faced a lot of challenges in the articles I submitted to EzineArticles, base on either URL, spelling or grammatical error. As a result of that, my account was suspended. This has shut me out from making any move to write article, I expected some patient from the EzineArticles Editors as well. Christine, Your article is inspirational to me,but do you have further advice to give me on how to overcome this situation?

Thanks.

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Samuel –

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your article writing efforts. Please understand that our Editorial Guidelines exist to improve the overall quality of your articles, but the learning process can be a little challenging.

The best way to overcome a situation like this is to simply talk to us. In most cases we can resolve the issue and assist you back into the writing saddle. With that thought in mind, I have passed your comment on to our Member Support Team and will have them contact you ASAP via email.

In the future, feel free to contact us by clicking on the “Contact Us!” link in the upper-left corner of the member interface.

– Marc

Kay Bauer writes:

Samuel, After all was said and done I couldn’t help myself when reading your blog. There were three words that were not correct. One of the was patient, it should have been patience. I am not saying this to knock you down but EzineArticles does have high standards for your sake and that of your readers. You really need to use spell check and it will help you get those articles accepted. Good luck. This spell check is there to help in this matter.

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Wednesday Elf writes:

Congratulations to a lovely lady and a talented writer on being awarded ‘Diamond’ Status on EzineArticles. I’ve followed Christine’s writings for quite a while and am enchanted with her writing style. She has a special way with words and her unique brand of humor brightens up the darkest day.

Congratulations, Christine, and I look forward to many more articles by you.

Wednesday_Elf

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Hanne writes:

Well done Christine you have worked hard and deserve to be recognized for all your effort and clever writing.

I know you will keep on being more and more successful.

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Helene Malmsio writes:

I love Christine’s articles and am subscribed to her feed so that I get the latest articles she posts.

This was a very thoughtful and useful posting about Christine and her work, thanks!

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Dear Marc,

Thank you for your swift respond. I do hope that they will give me another chance.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Hi Kay,

Thank you very much for your observation, but you did not help me good enough, I expected you to point out the remaining two errors so that I will take correction next time I am ready to learn and take correction always. And I want to say that you did not proof read you blog before transmitting.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Christine Larsen writes:

Dear Samuel,
As my Mum always said to me, “Keep your chins up, dear”.
I am attempting to have an article published to answer one part of the problems you expressed – to show you some of the angst all of us experience with Spell Check that should solve all problems, but sometimes just creates more.
You see, sometimes we still have writing difficulties, even at the level I have achieved.
Take heart Samuel, and just keep on, keeping on.
And please don’t worry about anything but keeping up your own self-belief. I am living proof that it works – eventually. Be patient, keep practicing, and believe. It WILL happen, one day soon.
Best of good wishes
Christine

Kay Bauer writes:

Samuel, The other two words were base on URL should be based. And the third you needed an s where you stated that you would like to write more articles.

You were also correct in my spell check as I should have said one of THEM. So thanks for your input.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Christine, Thank you for the advice.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Samuel Bani Dauda writes:

Kay, I appreciate that, thank you very much.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

tercüme writes:

Wish my way could go like Christine.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Chitralekha Shalom writes:

Christine – That was lovely. People like you and the EzineArticles platform provide me with just the right amount of incentive to go ahead each day. Thank you very much. I would love to get your feed back on my articles – may serve as an eye opener. I am about to read your articles and absorb as much as I can to enhance my work.
Thanks again.
Regards
Chitralekha Shalom

Comment provided June 16, 2012 at 2:41 AM

MD Rahman writes:

Greetings to Christine Larsen.
She has written excellent articles.
Many Many thanks.

Comment provided June 16, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Joanna Moran writes:

Hello, Christine, what an inspiration you are. I am a grandmother too and have been trying to get my website off the ground since last December.
I have a blog as well and after every article I keep wondering why so few people read it, based on the number of comments.
I have just been learning to cross link those two sites and inside pages as well.
Now with EzineArticles I have more ammunition if only I would get my first article IN!
I think I will do that soon, and I am going to look for your articles too. Sounds like they will be right up my alley.

Comment provided June 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Joanna Moran writes:

Hello, Christine, what an inspiration you are, the living example of ‘try, try again’. That’s what I’m going to do.
I’ve just learned to crosslink my website with my blogsite to rev up the readership. If I get going on EzineArticles that would be a great boost. The thing is to start! I am so tardy. After reading your blog here I’ve gotten some kickapoo juice.
What a nice lady you are. I’m going to look for your articles.

Comment provided June 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Elena writes:

Christine, thank you so much for your encouragement. I needed that!

Comment provided June 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Christine,

You have offered some really helpful advice. I wanted to add that for some new authors, reading it out loud may not help them to locate the errors because we may speak in ways that are not grammatically correct. It may be important, at first, for a new author to ask someone else to review their articles until they get more used to making their own corrections.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided June 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Kay Bauer writes:

Christine,

I agree with what Dr Erica said. I always proof read what my husband writes and he proof reads my articles. It saves a lot of frustration and the saying two heads are better than one holds true. We are both retirees also and every bit of constructive criticism helps before hitting the submit article button. Have a great day.

Kay

Comment provided June 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Christine, at the risk of sounding pedantic, there are 2 spellings of the word: PRACTIS/CE. The “s” is used when it is a verb, as in “I practise piano as little as possible.” Then there is the other spelling, when the word is used as a noun: “She started her doctor’s practice straight after her graduation.” So, in your last post to Samuel:”Be patient, keep practicing, and believe.(sic)” The word should’ve been PRACTISING! I seriously don’t mind if anyone would like to correct my work, as I haven’t studied English since Year 10, but have studied other languages. This is often the only way to learn about our own language and its various intricacies.

It’s one of those pesky words that always stump people! Cheers and keep up the great work!

Comment provided June 26, 2012 at 5:33 AM

That’s a curious one, Katharine – obviously various dictionaries differ – I use the online Dictionary.com, and find no conflict with the meaning or its use as a verb – however, I do usually choose British spelling and that would have been ‘practise’ – so you’re right, I was wrong.
Christine

Sincerest thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my Showcase.

Some of your responses showed me I had successfully achieved my goal in sharing, caring and hoping I could

help others to believe in themselves – again, or maybe for the first time.

Others were kind words from good friends I have made along my writing path.

Thanks also to the additional thoughts suggested – there’s always room for learning and ‘rethinking’.

Gratefully,

Christine

Comment provided July 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

MD Rahman writes:

Thanks to Christine Larsen. Her writing so excellent.

Comment provided July 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add
to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Comment provided July 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Chitralekha Shalom writes:

Christine – Thank you for sharing your strategies. They are the most simple and practical tips which we often tend to ignore. Thanks again and all the best.

Comment provided July 28, 2012 at 5:07 AM

I like keeping up with your articles. It honestly makes the day.

Comment provided August 9, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Kara Nelson writes:

nice to meet Christine here. she is a excellent writer.

Comment provided October 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM