Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Christine Larsen in Today’s Showcase
Many Expert Authors feel like throwing in the towel after submitting their work to other websites and then waiting weeks (even months) only to receive a rejection without direction or support. Rejection is a crippling feeling for any author. For Expert Authors like Christine Larsen, innovation and improvement as well as a deep-rooted passion overcomes rejection.
After joining EzineArticles in June 2010 to improve her writing style and skills, Christine experienced the joy of seeing her writing published at last. Using the feedback EzineArticles provided on her articles, Christine found value in the constructive criticism and has achieved the highest EzineArticles membership level: Diamond.
“It’s a valuable learning curve to have this kind of editorial advice, direction and support, without the outright rejection [and without reason] that can happen at many other venues,” Christine stated. “The EzineArticles Editorial staff has remained supportive and has tried ever harder to answer my questions to my satisfaction. Often I didn’t agree at the time, but have come to appreciate the wisdom and patience of the staff, and that they have in fact, had my best interests at heart … always.”
Notes on Article Writing
Christine’s articles are tempting windows into a world in which she invites you to step in and share her space for a while. Inspired by memories and opinions based on a lifetime of experience and challenges as a wife, mother, grandmother, and farmer, Christine waits for her ideas to brew, believing “all good things come to those who wait.”
To add a little fuel to her inspiration, Christine uses Article Templates. “I find I love the templates and have a file with copies of all of them,” she commented. “Sometimes I go through them and put Post-it notes on individual templates with ideas/titles/themes – ready for possible development into an article … or sometimes not. But that’s OK, because it often stirs a memory or fits somehow with an opinion I hold, or an idea that’s still deep within my ‘think tank’.”
Christine’s Strategy and Advice to Expert Authors
Although she modestly claims her strategy isn’t much, Christine’s simple plan to increase her exposure is extremely successful. Christine engages readers and visitors alike using the combination of quality, original content, and cross-traffic from her website, blog, Squidoo lens, and articles on EzineArticles.com.
Experience has given Christine many incredible insights to share. In her own words, here are the hard-earned tips she’d like to share with you:
- Never stop trying to be heard/read.
- Be open to take advice/learn/improve – never ever give up or stop believing in yourself.
- Analyse … over and over; edit … again and again.
- Read your work out loud – preferably to someone else – but at least to yourself, no matter how foolish it seems. It’s the best way to detect inconsistencies and omissions in rhythm, grammar, punctuation, and ‘see’ spelling errors and ‘typos’ … The best of writers get carried away at times with the thoughts tumbling out of the brain faster than a champion typist could cope with.
- Don’t accept the auto-corrections or suggestions of Spell check. It has no imagination. [It] accepts words like ‘hear’ and ‘here’ (even in the most ridiculous context), [it] rejects truly great words you have maybe invented or embroidered – and [it] also rejects out-of-hand universally accepted slang words or proper names.
When it comes to article writing, Christine stated, “‘If I can do it, anyone can’ is my stance and I don’t plan to come down from my soapbox on the subject any time soon.”
Heed Christine’s advice to persevere with your own article writing efforts. And remember: “All good things come to those who wait.” Be patient with your writing efforts – success is just around the corner.
Do you have a question or comment for Christine? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.