Expert Author Showcase: Ken Solin

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Ken Solin in Today’s Showcase

For over 20 years, Expert Author and lecturer Ken Solin has advocated growth and happiness by building relationships based on trust. How? Ken instructs his audience to build trust by speaking without ego, without judgment, and straight from the heart.

Through speaking engagements, blogs, articles, books, and more, Ken specializes in advising men to move beyond the issues that limit their lives and educating women to recognize men. His main objectives are to teach men to become self-directed (not rely on extensive training/counseling sessions) and to promote emotional dialogue between men (and women).

“Going it alone in life is like trying to survive in a vacuum.” Ken stated. “Men can do so much better for themselves, simply by getting together on a regular basis and speaking to each other… Men don’t need to be trained; they need to share the lessons each man has inside of him. Eight, 35 year-old men have 280 years of collective life experience. That’s a cornucopia of knowledge and it becomes the group’s encyclopedia for becoming better men.”

Through his inspiration to help his audience achieve growth and happiness, Ken’s works have been widely accepted and continue to increase his exposure and his credibility.

Ken’s 3 Article Writing and Marketing Challenges

1. [Finding] “homes” for my work. I pitched to a lot of people for a while and spun my wheels… EzineArticles.com was the first to publish my work, and I’m grateful they allowed me access to their stellar website. Their rules and regulations pushed me to meet the challenge that is becoming a better writer… Then, almost back to back… The Huffington Post, The Good Men Project, and most recently, MariaShriver.com invited me to become a contributor.

2. [Keeping] it fresh. I had to write about more than the notion that men needed to support each other, so I dug deep into my 20 years of experience and found a dozen or more topics that I felt needed addressing.

3. [Writing] my articles and my book at the same time. This was my most difficult challenge, going back and forth between article writing and writing my book, Act Like a Man. What I found that worked best for me was to alternate writing each, instead of trying to write both simultaneously.

When asked what advice he would give to authors, Ken advised to build confidence in your own voice by not pandering to other’s notions of what’s suitable. “Fill the pages with what’s in your heart and soul” Ken said. “Whatever you write that emanated from your soul will be authentic and therefore, entirely you. If you have a message, and get discouraged, remember why you’re writing in the first place, to change the world in your own, small way.”

Try Ken’s methods for your next set of quality, original articles: build trust by speaking without ego, without judgment, and write straight from the heart.

Do you have a question or comment for Ken? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Lee Starks writes:

Nice article sir,you can see your experience and passion for writing easily in the last 4 articles of yours i have read! It inspires me to keep on writing!

Comment provided May 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM

RCONNORIII writes:

After 20 yrs where or how do you find your inspiration & motivation? Have a great day on purpose!

Comment provided May 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Elena writes:

Very good advice, Ken. It is so important to build our relationship on trust.

Comment provided May 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

You are so needed in our society. Being man, offering assistance and guidance to men, is a gift beyond measure. Please just keep writing and speaking and reaching out to men. Also, women don’t realize it, but many really do not understand the way many men think and feel and operate. As a Marriage Counselor and Relationship coach, I have seen firsthand how a relationship can truly transform when each partner shifts their perspective just a bit.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided May 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Hi Ken,

“Build trust by speaking without ego, without judgment, and write straight from the heart” – I like that very much. It’s something I am working towards. Finding my authentic voice and owning it with confidence, and to have the courage to ‘change’ as I grow and discover more of myself through this journey called life.

Glad to know you, Ken and grateful that there are men like you! Keep on keeping on.

Josephine

Comment provided May 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Very inspiring indeed! I can see that with passion and determination, one can really reach his or her dreams. :)

Comment provided June 14, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Brenda Avadian writes:

Your message transcends gender. Men and women can learn equally from your authenticity. Thank YOU.

Comment provided June 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Wanda Lawson writes:

It is good to see this information shared. There is endless possibilities utilizing this method of transcending the ego, not only in writing.

As I search for publishers for my articles/books, when I read the “submission” guidelines, it can be somewhat disheartening to read the do’s and don’ts.

As I write, I follow my heart, whether it be first person or third person. Most of my articles are third person, simply to keep the ego at bay.

I understand that guidelines are necessary, but I dream of the day I find a publisher who tells me to “follow my heart” and just write…and trust the editor.

Thank you for sharing!

Comment provided July 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Randall Magwood writes:

Hi Ken, congrats on the publicity. I like your article writing and marketing challenges. Sounds like it definitely keeps you on top of your game.

Comment provided September 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hassan Zutell writes:

A worth reading article. I think I have to work more on given points.

Comment provided October 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM