Expert Author Showcase: Lois Dewitt

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Lois Dewitt in Today’s Showcase

What do a lighting specialist, an art instructor, a cookbook author, a gardener, a poodle enthusiast, and an author of children’s stories all have in common? Expert Author Lois Dewitt.

Since publishing her first residential lighting article in October 2007, Lois has continued to publish articles in nearly 20 categories. Motivated by a great variety of interests and her passion for art, Lois cultivates a wide range of inspiration from her YouTube subscribers to her art students. She then incorporates their comments, suggestions, criticisms, and more into quality, informative articles.

In turn, Lois gives her platform strength and deepens her connection with her audience by publishing articles on EzineArticles.com, her website, Facebook page, and her blogs. “It all knits together well because my website is about art and my blogs are about cooking, lighting and my Standard poodle Charley,” Lois commented. “And I can refer to my website or blogs at the end of my article.”

Discover what other methods and tools Lois uses to take her efforts to the next level with this quick Q&A:

Q: How did you discover EzineArticles.com?

A: I looked at many article websites and liked EzineArticles the most… I think EzineArticles is the best information source of its kind on the Internet today. I appreciate your reviewing each and every article prior to publishing. This is what keeps the quality of EzineArticles high. Everything is easy to use – especially since the recent changes. Spellcheck is great and best of all, your response is fast!

Q: How do you find time to write?

A: I have to make time to start an article and finish it in a timely fashion. The more articles I write, the more information can be networked. If I write an article on a bi-monthly schedule, then that is the kind of updated coverage that goes to my other resources.

Q: How do you cover the subject clearly and make it information-rich?

A: I tend to get carried away with the subject I’m writing about. Concentrating on my subject and making my subject concentrated helps strengthen my article.

Q: How do you stay objective?

A: I am passionate about my subject matter: art, lighting, animals – namely Standard poodles. I know that readers have small time slots to gather information, just like me. My articles do better addressing that demographic by being short and sweet on the subject!

Q: What advice would you give to new Expert Authors?

A: Schedule your writing and commit to it. Consider your writing an investment that leverages your other Internet interactions like your website, social networking and blogs. Network all of your interactions with your articles.

Try Lois’ methods in your next set of quality, original articles to strengthen your platform. Do you have a question or comment for Lois? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Lois,

I agree with the advice you offer to new writers. Especially at the beginning, it is important to schedule time to write, to make the decision “I am going to write” and then to just do it – edit later. Many people do not understand the long term value of article writing. I have had clients contact me 2 years after I had published an article on a topic that matters to them. The articles remain online and can be found by the keyword searches that people do when they want specific information on a given topic.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

movers waterloo writes:

Rili wow good thinking, i agree with you.

Randall Magwood writes:

Great author showcase and publicity for you Lois. Like you when I started out, I had no idea about EzineArticles. But as I continued to learn about internet marketing, I soon discovered that this is a website that I should definitely be on.

What you like about EzineArticles are the same things that I like too. Once again, congrats on the exposure.

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I am blogging every day and have been on several blogs I have for two years now. See, I cannot narrow down my expert knowledge in one area so I do different blogs. They have helped me build a community of followers and friends in the online network. I just joined here so feel free to look up Jackie Paulson

Comment provided April 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I agree with the other i am trying to write 2 article a day plus my other chores that not that simple as it sounds i was really thinking on getting some of the EzineArticles products to give me more article ideas.

even got myself white smoke to help with grammar

Comment provided April 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Valerie Stewart writes:

I am very new to the idea of articles to help promote business and am keen to learn any tips on article writing, I run an internet gift business that sends scottish produced alcohol as gifts, perhaps might be a start?

Comment provided April 23, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Valerie –

Welcome to the world of article writing and marketing! The best advice I can offer you is to peruse this blog, working newest to oldest posts. It’s a wealth of information.

We also offer free training programs here:

Best of luck!

– Marc

Valerie,

Did you know that EzineArticles.com offers a series of valuable blog posts and videos with all sorts of tips to improve your article writing. Just for writing at this site, I have received a full-fledged course on article writing.

Peter Son writes:

Hi.. I want to use do follow link in article in EzineArticles. How can i use it? Please help me soon

Comment provided April 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Peter –

We encourage you to place your self-serving links in the Resource Box of your articles, as this section is “do follow,” and thus the appropriate area to place your promotional links.

– Marc

bjoshi writes:

Nice shared, its always been nice to hear expert authors and know their strategy as to how they become expert. One can also take inspiration from you successful guys.
Cheers!

Comment provided April 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

John writes:

Well done Lois, successful people like you boost my confidence of becoming expert author one day.
Thanks for your worthy tips.

Comment provided April 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Hi. Thanks for your supportive comment. I hope you are writing and sharing your knowledge here at EzineArticles.

Comment provided April 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM