Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Erica Goodstone, Ph.D. in Today’s Showcase
In a network of well over 400,000 Expert Authors, you may have asked yourself: “How can I make an impact in my niche and increase my chances of being seen?” Allow us to introduce you to Expert Author Erica Goodstone, Ph.D.
A model of Expert Author success, Erica is a force to be reckoned with – passionate, compassionate, and well versed in her area of expertise.
A True Story of Expert Author Success
As a former Professor of Health and Physical Education and as a therapist with a practice involving somatic awareness, mind body therapy and sexual and relationship counseling, Erica has found writing an incredible tool to increase her exposure as a leader in her field. “By writing so many articles, I have established myself as an expert, knowledgeable in my areas of interest and expertise,” she commented.
“At my latest count, I have had a total of 48,360 article views… To date, I have published 231 articles, yet the stats show 288 ezine publications… Those statistics are astounding,” Erica continued. “And the articles remain online so new clients continue to find me because they were searching for information on a specific topic and found one or several of my articles on that topic. Then they clicked on my URL, read more about me and my work, and voilá! I have a new client from anywhere in the world…”
On Writing – Erica’s Advice to Fellow Expert Authors
Writing isn’t just a source of exposure and traffic for Erica, it’s also a source of pleasure. As an Expert Author for local and national magazines, ezine articles, and books, Erica commented “I enjoy writing and I write often. As I become inspired, the words just flow…”
At the end of her interview, Erica imparted these final, hard-earned insights to advise fellow Expert Authors:
- As the Nike Ad says, “Just do it.” Starting has a momentum all on its own. As you write, it becomes much easier to write. If your grammar and spelling are not that good, write your article in your computer program, e.g. Microsoft Word. Show it to somebody who can help you to fix up the spelling or grammar. Then, when it is fixed, copy and paste it into the EzineArticles.com template to submit your article.
- Read other people’s articles. Observe the organization – beginning, middle and end. Read about good copywriting. There is so much free information online. Read the free information and step-by-step, easy-to-understand videos provided for you by EzineArticles.com about the nitty-gritty of writing.
- Read articles related to your areas of interest or expertise. Save the articles. Use them as samples. Imitate pointers such as: “Ten ways to…,” “Three things to avoid when…,” “How to…,” and “Where to go for…”
- Try talking. Talk your articles into a recording device, even a telephone voicemail, and then transcribe them into the written word.
- Article writing can be fun once you get started. It gets easier and easier as you get your brain accustomed to creating and communicating through written words.
Try Erica’s methods and take her advice for your next set of quality, original articles. You’ll establish your presence in the Expert Author community and ultimately increase your exposure.
Do you have a question or comment for Erica? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.