Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Nigel Brooks in Today’s Author Showcase
As the president of a management consulting firm that specializes in business and technology strategies, organizational reviews, and performance assessments, Expert Author Nigel Brooks began writing articles in 2008 for a number of reasons.
“I know that having published articles is an essential part of marketing and credibility building as a management consultant,” Nigel stated. “I wanted to use articles as a way to communicate my intellectual capital and business expertise, [as well as] improve my search engine optimization.”
Drawing upon his extensive experience to make his articles interesting and valuable to his audience, Nigel’s articles consist of models and methodologies that are simple, evergreen, and relevant. His focused and fresh perspective translates into an original twist of core article writing concepts, which engages readers and increases his credibility.
Nigel’s Article Writing Strategies
As an entrepreneur, business enterprise owner, consultant, and speaker, Nigel has global experience in a variety of industries and activities. Check out the article writing strategies he used to increase his credibility and visibility:
- Listen and discuss… I listen to conversations around me that sometimes influence the material. For example, I was writing an article about leadership in a coffee shop where I heard somebody in the line complaining about being micromanaged. I added a theme of how to avoid micromanagement into the article right then and there.
- Define complex concepts in simple terms… After having written the initial draft, I try to simplify the concepts through the use of topic headings, sub-sections, paragraphs, and lists. Some of the topics that I write about are complex, so I see my job as being able to explain them and make them understandable.
- Ensure the material remains current over time… While reviewing the material, I ensure that the material will have a long shelf life so that it can be repurposed in multiple marketing initiatives over time without change. I have repurposed the material on blogs, in books, and as stand-alone pieces that are intended to last.
- Be prepared with topic-lists… Have a well-defined list of topics from which you can write short succinct articles… I organized this material by topics in outline form, and then added detailed notes for reference from which the articles are sourced. The articles translate the notes into narrative form that give tips and recommendations.
Amplify Your Efforts with Nigel’s Article Promotion Tactics
Nigel extends the life of his articles by using them as a key component of his marketing strategy and promoting or repurposing them elsewhere. Here are a few of Nigel’s article promotion strategies:
- Post the summary of your article on your websites and blogs, with links back to EzineArticles.com.
- Use social media sites to promote your articles, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Place EzineArticles’ author Widgets and Banners on your websites.
- Repurpose your articles by compiling the articles into a book.
- Announce the book release via a press release.
Discover how you can use your intellectual capital and reap the rewards of article writing by using Expert Author Nigel Brooks’ strategies and tactics in your next set of quality articles. Do you have a question or comment for Nigel? Feel free to post it in the comments section below.