Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Cindy Hartman in Today’s Author Showcase
Reaching success in a relatively unknown industry can be a huge challenge for many business owners and entrepreneurs, but not for Expert Author Cindy Hartman. After discussing the importance of sharing knowledge with a marketing coach, Cindy found great value and success in addressing her clients’ needs with quality, informative articles.
As a focused effort to market her business and to establish herself as a leader in her industry, Cindy began writing articles in 2008. Since then, she has found article writing to be an integral part of her overall marketing plan. “[Personal Property Inventory] is a fairly unknown industry, so educating why people need to know what they own helps sell the need for our service,” Cindy commented. “Obviously, people won’t buy something they don’t know they need!”
This motivates Cindy to write informative articles which help “tell” rather than “sell” her services. In turn, this leverages the need for her niche as well as markets her own home inventory business and turnkey business package.
What does Cindy “tell” in her articles? Client questions, current events, disasters, fires, and thefts always prove great article writing topics for Cindy, but that’s not her only source for ideas. Inspired by her grandchildren, Cindy will take an everyday occurrence in their lives and compare these events to the business world. This creates a unique fingerprint on her niche, because Cindy is “telling” and informing her readers in an engaging way. This builds her reader’s trust and leverages her leadership in her niche.
What is the result? The trust cultivated as a result of her informative articles converts readers into clients or customers. “We have received inquiries after people read the articles,” Cindy explained. “Some of our turnkey group members stated, by reading my articles, they learned of our knowledge which helped them choose to work with us.”
Cindy’s Advice to Expert Authors
- Determine the purpose for your writing. When there is a purpose, it becomes a part of your marketing plan and remains a vital part of promoting your business.
- Develop a marketing plan to determine where you will place your writing in terms of importance. This will enable you to prioritize and devote the required amount of time to reach your goals.
- Have a goal of the number of articles to write per week/month/quarter to help you stay on track.
- Take your writing seriously and have a specific niche, but also have a couple other niches so you can spread your recognition into other categories. The purpose of this is to find readers where you might not traditionally find them. Where there is a crossover, you will expand your exposure quickly.
- Time to write is always an issue. Write the drafts, and then edit them when your schedule allows for blocks of a few hours.
While she enjoys her success, Cindy dismisses the idea she may have a skillset that sets her above other Expert Authors. EzineArticles Expert Authors are “a great group of talented writers with whom I’m proud to be a peer,” she stated.
Thank you, Cindy, for sharing your incredible insight with the EzineArticles community!
Do you have a question or comment for Cindy? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.