2 Minute Approval Tips Article Checklist

Save Time and Target Success with this Checklist

Your time is precious. Optimally using your time to write the right way will help you save time. So how do you write quality articles in less time? By planning ahead and discovering the article writing secrets to success before you begin writing!

A solid plan, such as a checklist, will help you advance to the next level. A great tool to help you kick start your very own checklist: The 2 Minute Approval Tips video series!

Taken from our submission records to find the most common reasons why articles are not approved during the initial editorial review, the 2 Minute Approval Tips series is compressed to give you the information you need quickly and to help you write quality, original articles.

We’ve taken those tips and turned them into a simple checklist that you can use to help ensure that your articles will be approved on the very first submission.

2 Minute Approval Tips Checklist

1. Does your article’s byline and Resource Box names match to avoid authorship confusion?

2. How many links are in your article and are those links situated to achieve your goal?

3. Do you deliver detailed and informative content to ensure your reader doesn’t click away?

4. Are you providing your own exclusive insights to leverage your credibility and not someone else’s?

5. Is your article formatted to best inform and maintain your reader’s attention?

6. Is your Resource Box short and to the point to direct readers to your blog or website?

7. Does your article read naturally or are your keywords interrupting the natural flow?

8. Is your article accessible to a wide audience to better increase your visibility?

9. Does the anchor text of your links appear natural and professional to readers?

10. Is your article title balanced with reader-benefited keywords?

11. Is your article message clear with proper comma usage?

12. Are you adhering to EzineArticles’ affiliate links guidelines?

13. Are your links relevant and do they provide a quality user experience?

14. Using HTML? Is it properly formatted and balanced to help draw the eye?

15. Do you mention a location? Does your article provide specific and unique information?

16. Does your article stand alone without relying on the reader to reference other content?

17. Is your article title free of special characters that might hinder readability and syndication?

18. Is your article summary short, catchy, and to the point to attract readers?

19. Did you proofread your article to catch errors?

20. Does your article meet the minimum word count with quality, informative content?

There you have it! Your very own article submission checklist! For each checklist item, there is a quick 2 Minute Approval Tips video to help you save time and get your articles published on the first submission. To check out the entire 2 Minute Approval Tips series, click here. Put all the 2 Minute Approval Tips to good use when writing your next set of quality, original articles.

PABAN writes:

That’s right. I worked for an article directory for a period of one year and I found many articles containing many links which exactly seems to promote their products or services not for the sake of the directory. Thanks for this great post.

Comment provided February 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Ronald Mitchell writes:

The EzineArticles I have been receiving are very helpful to me in writing articles for my website. Thank you so very much.

Comment provided February 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Jan Smith writes:

Something else that I think needs to be mentioned here is that you are writing articles for ordinary people who are often looking for a broad coverage of a subject rather than a specific technical-type report on a subject.

Technical reports lack warmth and emotion. Telling someone about something is to tell them in story-form. People have told stories and remembered the wisdom throughout human history.

Comment provided February 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Sherry writes:

Awesome advice!

Jan, I totally agree. I love being personable in my articles.

Truman Anderson writes:

Reading your Article Writing and Insights blogs have greatly influenced the my view of article writing. This checklist is a valuable outline…thank you!
Positively Truman

Comment provided February 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM

True, the tips provided in this check list is awesome, to the point and suggested in an user perspective. Really, this piece of information is an eye opener, quite essential to be enlightened for those who work in the digital media.

Comment provided February 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Karen writes:

Just printed out your tips for future reference. Depending on the type of audience I’m targeting, normally I’ll change the style I write the article but informative content is still the main point. Thanks.

Comment provided February 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM

original content is what they see mainly in an article, also I did go through the article which Moiz provided, the author mentioned one point which I feel could be deciding whether your article gets accepted or no, and that is that the links should be placed at the end and not in the first 3 paragraphs.

Comment provided February 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Brady Harness writes:

Greetings,

I have often told I can’t write an “article” I tell them forget ARTICLE and think letter to a Friend.

A Friend has asked for information on something that you know about, so just sit down and start writing to your friend.

Tell them in order, from a-z how you would achieve this situation.

WOW, Surprise, I can write and it is not hard after all.

Brady C. Harness

Comment provided February 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Maria Caniedo writes:

To the staff!

Thank you for the guidelines in writing articles, i tried making a perfect one lol! and it is almost 75 % compared before which is 25 percent! I have already write articles but no live yet so, I am still learning to make it 100 % that i can be a perfect writer someday. My gratitude to the EzineArticles, who give me more knowledge on this passion. i will not stop learning until i can be one of them. Lolo! too! ambitious!

Comment provided February 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Maria Caniedo writes:

Lol! Laughing out loud! am i so funny? Yes it was been my ambition to be one of the known writer in the world! that is why i want to leverage my knowledge in this writing community.
So thankful to this site and to the one who introduce me here! I got all the knowledge from this site. although our first language is not English I still i am still trying to be an English Speaker. and with my sacrifices here, I almost what I wanted to be! Lol!

Maria Caniedo writes:

Brady,

Good Day!

I have almost experience with you!

They said an article writer are those who have a good speaking ability! for they know i am a shy woman, they always says that, if someone will hire me, they will just test my knowledge and if they don’t like my style and wordings they won’t hire you! and there are many negative ideas regarding of the online job i am working now, and i said, yes that’s true nobody hires you if you do not know how to please them. for the writing job is not easy. they said that it is the most crucial job to write articles. that’s true i responded, unknowingly that i have EzineArticles who guided me. and i started it by making a registration online on writing articles. someone ask me to write an article for EzineArticles. i applied for that job hiring and he accepted me. he says write me 2 articles for EzineArticles submission, then i said yes, i do not know about EzineArticles before, but i said yes! just for him to accept me.lol! when i submit the article he pays 5 dollars for the two articles each contain 500 characters. then he said , i have pain you for the two article. then you read that i need two articles for EzineArticles? i said yes! okay, he replied. i will hire you if you pass the directories of EzineArticles. I amazed! i asked my self. are my works wrong! then i chatted my employer , sir, are my works wrong? he did not embarrass me, he just respond politely, just register to thius site EzineArticles.com and submit articles there then if your work is accepted then chat me again. Lol! until now almost five months i have not chatted him for i am so much ashame of what i submitted him before! this is a very funny experience whom i wanted to share to this site for because of that certain person i came to know ezine. and since then, i have a new employers now! but its not fore EzineArticles submission for i have escape hiring jobs for EzineArticles after all. so, all of those who laughed at me of being an article writer online are not expecting that i earned now being a writer online. and it is because of EzineArticles help. lol! although my article is not yet approve for EzineArticles directories but i am still thankful, because i pass the basic level and i am hopeful to be at the top someday!Lol! it’s just my ambition, and i know i am too ambitious, Thanks again EzineArticles staff.

Comment provided February 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Maria Caniedo writes:

As i read my message to Brady i really smiled on it! yes Brady, i am so funny, i seldom talk. but i have more words in my mind. what i need to know is how to arrange the scattered words in my thoughts. before i only write one or two sentences in my blog here. but now i am too expressive. and i know it’s the sign of my
scaled knowledge. that i have stepped now the third level of writing ladder.

Comment provided February 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Michael lowe writes:

As i have only just started writing my own blog and submitted only one article to EzineArticles i am no expert.
There looks a lot to digest in this article so i will need to read a few more times.
thanks for this help

Comment provided February 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Sayaka writes:

Hi and yes you are right, if you want to be a success oilnne then you need to incorporate some form of article marketing into your oilnne strategy..I have been doing this for some time now and can virtually dominate any market with time.

Comment provided March 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Wilma Tune writes:

Thanks for the great timely info. I will do better at writing.

Comment provided March 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

1st of al, I am the regular visitor of EzineArticles Blog. This is blog is awesome and full of information. Coming to this article – great tips for the blogger and for the article writer as well. These tips are the resource of getting approved in EzineArticles in a very short time. As we all know that Ezine Article is the priority site in the world of Article Writing and SEO – so that this article will help you a lot. Thanks a lot and have tweeted this. Kudos!

Comment provided April 3, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Priya Dandekar writes:

Awesome, i am new here and still waiting for my first article to be approved. Will keep this in mind.

Comment provided June 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Peter Paul writes:

Awesome post. I am looking forward to keep these tips in my mind at the time of submit next article. Thanks for sharing it..

Comment provided June 20, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Temeka writes:

I blog often and I seriously appreciate your content.
The article has truly peaked my interest. I will take
a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week.
I opted in for your Feed as well.

Comment provided March 11, 2013 at 7:40 AM

These are great tips to keep in mind while writing an article for EzineArticles. Stick to these and your article will be approved fast with no issue. Thanks for the insight.

Comment provided April 4, 2013 at 4:36 AM

vasan srini writes:

Really an eye opener, I tried to submit an article and got rejected in the first attempt for some format mismatch and then am here and getting it right..

Comment provided August 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Hi Vasan,

A member of our Support Team will be contacting you privately regarding your problematic submissions.

~Vanessa

vasan srini writes:

Thanks a lot Vanessa, I think i need to work more on the one i tried to submit, anyway thanks a lot for the input..

Comment provided September 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Ydeveloper writes:

After all reading all above tips, we are still finding many articles in this site which are not following this guidelines. On the other hand, we have added better than some of the live articles, which aren’t approved yet.

Comment provided October 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

YourFriend writes:

I submitted one Article and it got rejected

Now I am going to submit another one ,using your Checklist

Thanks for Sharing :)

Comment provided May 31, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Hi Muhammad,

A member of our Support Team will be contacting you privately regarding the articles you have in problem status.

~Vanessa

It’s awesome to visit this web page and reading the views of all mates about this article,
while I am also keen of getting know-how.

Comment provided June 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Bridgette writes:

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope
you write again soon!

Comment provided August 22, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Sureshkumar writes:

Thanks for the post,

Extremely useful for writing quality articles, this is one website that transformed the way quality writing is done, thanks a lot for the tips.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Ricky Pinedo writes:

Great list! I saved this for future reference!

Comment provided November 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Jessica lina writes:

Great informative articles. Hope you will continous put out like as usefull content

Comment provided April 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Headayet Kabir writes:

Your article is very much informative. This will help me to submit my article in ezine. Thanks.

Comment provided July 1, 2017 at 5:22 AM

Rana Jayant writes:

Oh man, the 4th point and 9th points were being missed. I will take care of all those. Thank you for these points. Kudos.

Comment provided October 18, 2017 at 5:56 AM