Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Sumi Olson in Today’s Author Showcase
Expert Author Sumi Olson strives to help those in her community reach their full potential and still focus on what’s important in life: spend time doing what they love to do, with the people they love, and to turn their dreams into something substantial. As a self-employed mother, Sumi faces the same pressures as her audience: balancing business, corporate work life, sales, marketing, and frankly, being human!
Although a little hesitant at first, in January 2011 Sumi decided to take action by finally sharing her knowledge and experience in an accessible and helpful format: articles. “Articles help my readers to grow to ‘know, like, and trust’ me and hopefully then choose to join me on my online networking platforms,” Sumi stated. “In time, if I continue to offer value, I hope that they will trust me to help them with their issues and concerns and to invest in my products and services.”
To find the inspiration and motivation they need, Sumi encourages people “to look inside their head and heart to access their knowledge, insight, and experiences.” Heed Sumi’s advice by tapping into the ultimate resource: you!
Sumi’s Favorite Tools and Methods
1. Believe – By accepting that people did want to know about the things I wrote about, I began to feel confident that people were interested and valuable… So I decided to take action, build momentum and shift internal doubts.
2. Motivate – I use the My.EzineArticles.com challenges and accomplishment badges as a motivational tool to help me keep momentum. I find myself itching to finish off another piece and send it for upload. I then like to track progress until I receive confirmation that it’s been accepted. That’s a great feeling! I’m currently working to get 50 articles published and then hope to have the next benchmark completed as I complete the various challenges I’ve signed up to.
3. Time – To help me write on a regular and consistent basis… I’ve been working on shortening the time it takes to complete high-quality work in less time. As I am keen to create unique pieces – I don’t want to churn out a generic article in 15 minutes. I’m aiming for a maximum of 45 minutes as a target, but this includes reviewing and proofing time. This will boost the ROI in time and effort. I aim to complete an article in an hour… If I am on a roll, I write one long article and then divide it up either as part of a series or as separate articles. This means that I can just concentrate on writing on a specific theme rather than trying to deal with layout as I’m writing.
4. Promote: My new posts are promoted on my other social media platforms, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. I’ve received good comments as a result. I also refer to my articles in my newsletter. All these things are very helpful to me as it extends the readership potential and longevity of my work.
5. Tools – I also use EzineArticles own Title Suggestions, Google AdWords Keyword Tool, and use other experts’ blogs as starting points… [I also use] Statistics. It [is] always useful to know what is being read and [what motivates people] enough to [click-through to] my profile and links.
Try Sumi’s techniques to unlock your own fresh and innovative ideas, as well as build confidence in yourself as an Expert Author. Do you have a question or comment for Sumi? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.