Behind-the-Scenes at EzineArticles: Meet Peter

An Inside Look at the Team Behind-the-Scenes

Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the people who make the EzineArticles system successful! Not only will you find out more about their role at EzineArticles, you will hear stories about what it’s like to work here, gain insider tips, and maybe even get a peek into their personal lives. In the process, you will discover a little bit more about who we are as a company, a website, and as a team.

Continuing the series is Peter, an EzineArticles Front-End Developer. Find out how he can make your article writing efforts easier, get a behind-the-scenes look into his role at EzineArticles, and discover his #1 tip for Expert Authors!

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Peter would like to know: “What inspires you to write about the topics you write about?” Share your motivation and inspirations in the comments section below. Who knows? Maybe your inspiration will be Peter’s latest inspiration to implement on EzineArticles.com!

To see more behind-the-scenes videos, check out the Behind the Scenes Playlist from the EzineArticles YouTube Channel or browse the Videos wall of our Facebook Fan Page!

I get inspired by a lot of things – I could probably write a series of articles on how I get my topic ideas and inspiration – but what came to mind first was movies and shows. I write on various aspects to improving one’s life and tend to get a lot of ideas from the characters in movies and TV shows either by writing about the actual actions a character took to personal growth or I come up with ideas that a character could have used to result in a better way of living. Gives me a reason to sit a stare at a screen for a while!

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I was a son of a poor father. My father could somehow manage to run my family. For this reason I started my own website and start writing articles for this. Gradually I became and good writer and some seo companies now a days hire me for writing niche articles for their client’s websites. This is how I entered into the profession of article writing.

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Michael Stagger writes:

I started writing after joing an affiliate program. In the beginning it was kind of tough because I had no experience. After becoming unemployed, I decided to try something different in regards to genereating income. I am still learning each and every day. A website like EzineArticles is helpful in not only getting a chance to post articles, but the chance to learn from more experienced writers.

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Opal Marrs writes:

I am and have been an avid reader ever since first grade. Actually, it was before first grade. i went to first grade one day and was promoted to second grade that day. I continue to read about 3-4 books a week. I get inspiration from the characters and the plot, but I also find errors in basic grammar, spelling and sentence structure, even in best sellers sometimes. I have also written two books of my memoirs, not published, just for the family. I meet characters too and am always impressed by my Toastmaster friends. Writing for EzineArticle is a little different than writing for a magazine and it took awhile for me to catch on. I am thoroughly enjoying myself and it gives me a big thrill when I see that some people are really reading my articles. I like the training materials even when I don’t completely understand them yet. Working on that.

Comment provided February 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Claude Nougat writes:

Peter, you’re absolutely right, one needs to be passionate in life! Or else, it shows…You asked for comments that might inspire you. That’s a tough one! Speaking of graphics and design (in addition to being and economist, a fiction writer and a blogger I’m also a painter), I’m especially interested in book cover because I really really believe that most book covers…stink!

Yes, sorry about that, but I find it appalling to come across sweaty, rolling muscles for romance, cartoon-like characters that look they just landed straight out of the Middle-Ages for Sci-fi etc etc. No space here to go through every genre. But genre seems to dictate cover styles and I think that’s a pity.

One needs to think outside the box…That’s what I tried to do with my own book cover (Fear of the Past has a hieratic lion head – I did the painting from a Sicilian statue – and it looks quite threatening and…very different!)

Thinking outside the box, means breaking tabus and recipes – especially genre recipes for book covers. What’s your take on that? Heck, maybe I should write an article about book covers and you could illustrate it with appropriate graphics!

Comment provided March 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM

For anybody who might be interested in seeing the book cover to which Claude is referring, check out this link: http://www.amazon.com/Fear-Past-novel-ebook/dp/B00787II0M#reader_B00787II0M

Claude –

I shared your question with Peter. Below is his response.

– Marc

————————————————————————

Hello Claude,

You asked: “Thinking outside the box, means breaking tabus and recipes – especially genre recipes for book covers. What’s your take on that?”

I believe thinking outside the box could include bending or breaking the rules/recipes. Art is very subjective already, however preserving the objective task of creating for reaction and relating the title to visuals could be beneficial. What I mean here is compromising the desire to create something completely different than what the genre may suggest, just enough to create a connection through imagination. When I do artwork surrounding a given theme/dialogue, I have a sense of structure to aid my style. If I am left to complete artistic freedom, I don’t really see any “rules” to break – anything is fair game.

So, to answer your question: Yes, thinking outside the box does require the flexing, and possibly the breaking, of conventional methods. Genres are fairly open to interpretation and it’s our job as artists to create dialogue.

Peter

Claude Nougat writes:

Thanks Marc and Peter…Yes I totally agree with you, Peter, there are limits to thinking outside the box…if you don’t want to fall below the horizon!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Chris Brozek writes:

I resumed writing back in 2008 after my friend, Judy, encouraged me to pick it up after she and I exchanged emails about her trip to Peru. My preferred form of writing is poetry, and my favorite subjects are nature, family, loves (won and lost), art, and my own personal growth. I found the greatest joy, and inspiration for writing more, was in sharing my work with others.

After initially posting my writing on line for friends to see, I began reciting it at open microphone events in Upstate New York. These experiences provided me the confidence to act, which lead me to community theater. Theater lead me directly to working as a commerical actor and talent scout for Albany Talent in Albany and Kingston, NY.

It’s been a wonderful journey so far and I have my friend, Judy, to thank for it!

Comment provided March 1, 2012 at 7:24 AM

movers waterloo writes:

Comment provided April 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I have been writing since I was a teenager and started after my dad bought me an early electric typewriter (before the first computers). I always loved short fiction, epic stories and then over the years my style as well as my interest have evolved to become more about non-fiction genre subjects.
What a journey. Passion is definitely a key as well as feeling inspired.

Comment provided September 22, 2013 at 1:56 AM