Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Jonathan Huie in Today’s Author Showcase
While writing his first book, Expert Author Jonathan Huie realized his publisher wasn’t going to market his book as much as he had initially expected. So he did what any author would do: try to get his book the attention it deserved.
His first step was starting a website and a daily inspiration email list to attract and nurture followers. After searching the Internet for more methods to get his book into the hands of readers, Jonathan found EzineArticles.com.
After publishing several books and gaining an incredible following, Jonathan reflected “article marketing and EzineArticles in particular, were crucial when I was beginning on the web. Now that my websites are fairly well established, article marketing remains one of a number of important spokes in the wheel of my online success.”
Inspired by the issues many encounter every day, such as feeling sad, coping with loss, and gaining self-confidence, Jonathan addresses issues with “a mix of positive thinking and practical suggestions, with a touch of non-denominational spiritualism thrown in,” he said. “I write each article only from the point-of-view of how I can be of service to my readers, and then I get my reward through people coming to my websites by following the links in my author bio.”
Simply Inspired Strategies
- FAQ: Gather questions from your readers and address them in your articles.
- Show Off: If you are reading another article and you believe you have a better answer than what is being addressed, provide it a new article.
- Article Lists: Try the “numbered list” approach in your next article. Write a problem statement and then list 7-10 ways of solving the problem. Finally, expand each of the list items into a short paragraph.
- Keep Moving: If you are struggling to write about a topic, try another. “If I feel really stuck during the writing, I am probably not prepared to write on that subject, so I move on to another subject,” Jonathan said.
- Time: Write before you do anything else! “It is hard to find time to write articles,” Jonathan commented. “I find that the only days I actually write an article are the days when I write the article before I do anything else…”
Build your notoriety and credibility by trying Jonathan’s inspiring strategies in your next set of quality articles. Do you have a question or comment for Jonathan? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.