Behind the Scenes at EzineArticles: Meet Rob

Get an Inside Look at the Team Behind-the-Scenes

Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the people who make the EzineArticles system successful. Not only will you find out more about their role at EzineArticles, you will hear stories about what it’s like to work here, gain insider tips, and maybe even get a peek into their personal lives. In the process, you will discover a little bit more about who we are as a company, a website, and as a team!

Continuing the series is Rob, EzineArticles’ Director of Online Education. Find out how he can make your article writing efforts easier, get a behind-the-scenes look into his daily life (including a rare glimpse of the EzineArticles’ slide), and discover additional tips for Expert Authors.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

To see more behind-the-scenes videos, check out the Behind the Scenes Playlist from the EzineArticles Channel on YouTube and the Videos tab of our Facebook Fan Page.

Leave a comment and let us know what you would like to hear about us!

Jan Verhoeff writes:

Great info piece. I love getting the opportunity to know more of the people who work for US at EzineArticles. It helps to have faces and personalities behind the names and bits of advice we get here at EzineArticles. Thanks.

PS. I’m crazy about the slide!

Comment provided January 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Glad you enjoyed it Jan! The slides can definitely be a fun break in your day … and you get going pretty fast on them which works well for me. :)

Thanks for sharing Rob. I was wondering what your opinion is on the following: If one say had a library of 100 articles, how would you distribute them across the internet? Consider at least the following outlets: Article directories, Blogs, e-Books, other websites. Also, would you repackage the same article on multiple websites.?

Comment provided January 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hi Joseph-

You asked a very important question and there is probably more than one way to answer it, but here’s what I would suggest:

If you had 100 articles, I would submit about 80% of them to an article directory. According to a study I did this morning with my co-workers, EzineArticles was voted the best article directory, so I would stick with the best. Ok, so maybe the study was a bit biased. :)

I would reserve about 20% of your original inventory for your blog. That way you have fresh material working for you to drive traffic to your blog independent of your efforts with EzineArticles or another article directory.

Repurposing content provides great opportunities for eBooks and other websites.

We don’t necessarily believe in the duplicate content penalty, but if you’re concerned about that, this strategy should ease your fears because you have original content going on your blog and of course with EzineArticles where you’re most likely to receive the largest increase in traffic going back to your website.

As far as submitting the same article to numerous article directories is concerned, I am always a proponent of writing fresh material, but I also understand that time is an issue.

Maybe some other authors can step in and talk about their experiences with submitting the same article to multiple different directories?

Hope that helps. :)

Jan Verhoeff writes:

I don’t worry too much about duplicate content, but I often do post a snippet of an article with a link from EzineArticles.com (mine or someone else’s) to make a point in a blog post.

I’m back in school (criminal justice/law) and I have noticed my professors use a lot of articles posted on EzineArticles as references for teaching various topics. This past week, I was helping my son review a project he was doing for school and noticed he was using a snippet and citation from an EzineArticles article in his research papers.

In case anyone is wondering WHERE these articles are used, that should answer your questions. We are writing citable content, and people assume because it’s citable, it’s also valuable enough to be used as a resource. Not only is this content being used to market products and services, but as resources. We have a responsibility to be as accurate as possible in what we write, and provide QUALITY.

I’m not totally exclusive to EzineArticles, but I get the best results from EzineArticles or IdeaMarketers. Those two sites seem to carry the highest value to readers.

I would like to clarify something I said. It’s not that we don’t believe in the duplicate content penalty. It’s been around for the past decade.

What’s unclear is exactly what the penalty is and the parameters surrounding it.

What we do know for sure is that you can’t go wrong with writing quality, original content. Your readers rely on you to give them information they can’t get anywhere else.

I actually feel like I know Rob after reading all the entry posts, and watching all the videos. He’s definitely one of your elite team members.

Comment provided January 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Thanks Lance! I appreciate the kind words. :)

Jon writes:

Hi Rob, its really been nice to know a little bit more about you. Thanks for sharing your views with us. Cheers!

Comment provided January 28, 2012 at 6:24 AM

You’re very welcome Jon.

It was fun to make a video of that nature and give everyone a little inside access into what we do. :)

-Rob

Joy Das writes:

Only EzineArticles can disclose such important pieces, because the Learned Team of EzineArticles is confident of their knowledge, integrity and mastery over the field. Extremely useful info about the activities behind the scenes. However, as for the content types of articles, I will always stick to originality, which the great EzineArticles Team prefers.

Comment provided January 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM

John writes:

Hey Rob, its been nice to know a bit about you personally. I like that workout and sliding thing, thats amazing :P. Cheers! and Good Luck.

Comment provided February 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Thanks John. Good luck to you as well…

Here’s to 2012 being your best year yet!

Write On!

-Rob

Shamshad Naqvi writes:

I need to learn writing.Are you imparting some training?If so ,I am interested.
Thanks

Comment provided April 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Shamshad –

We have plenty of free, and paid, training available. Just click on this link to learn more: http://EzineArticles.com/training/

– Marc

Nice to get to know you better Rob. I love the slide too!

Comment provided September 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM