4 Features to Help You Write Confidently

Your Article Writing Informational Library

Finally, a library where it’s okay to make a lot of noise!

Your new My.EzineArticles.com member interface is bursting with loads of new Expert Author tools and your favorite resources, including targeted training guides found in your very own Library.

In the Library tab, you will find:

Training Series

An excellent tool for beginners and experts alike, browse or download the entire PDF training series to review at your own pace, featuring:

• An Introduction to Article Writing and Marketing
  • Tips on Writing Article Titles
  • Paragraph and Grammar Structure Guides
  • Content Tips and Template Outlines

To access your Training Series, go here.

Audio Training Series

Give your eyes a break and listen to these short (but dynamic) article writing strategies in our 90 Second Strategies Audio Training Series Editions with accompanying PDF transcription. These audio training editions provide you the flexibility to listen wherever you like. To listen to them all or download the accompanying PDF, go here.

Video Library

If you haven’t seen these videos yet, you are missing out! 2 Minute Approval Tips, Behind the Scenes glimpses, Quick Tips, Article Ideas, and so much more are found in your Video Library. To browse videos by experience level or by category, go here.

Digital Locker

No need to memorize a combination on this locker! The Digital Locker is your veritable article supply storehouse. From The EzineArticles Formula Home Study Course to the interactive Article Templates, your digital downloads can be easily accessed in your Digital Locker. To access all of your downloaded content in an easy-to-see and easy-to-use format, go here.

To access your Library from your My.EzineArticles.com member interface, simply:

1. Go to My.EzineArticles.com
  2. If you have not accessed My.EzineArticles.com, you can do so by using your current username and password
  3. Select the Library tab

All of these training tools can also be found using the Members.EzineArticles.com interface. To access these tools:

1. Go to Members.EzineArticles.com
  2. Log in using your current username and password
  3. Select any of the previously mentioned resources from the Author Tools tab

If you haven’t tried My.EzineArticles.com, now is the time to visit the Library tab to add one or all of these easy to use training tools to your article writing efforts. We will continue to add new videos and training tools to the new My.EzineArticles.com member interface, which will replace Members.EzineArticles.com over the next year. So stay tuned-in for the next quick and easy tool to save you time and amplify your article writing efforts!

Special Note: Get your feedback and comments in today to save your favorite features and let us know what isn’t working for you! Backed by our data and design team, My.EzineArticles.com serves you, the Expert Author. Please share your comments and suggestions so we can continue to make My.EzineArticles.com the ULTIMATE article writing platform tailored to your needs AND wants!

Gary Jacobsen writes:

Ref: Penny’s recent article about “4 features”:

“easy to use training tools” should be “easy-to-use training tools”

“An excellent tool for beginners and experts alike, browse or download. . .” (dangling phrase–make two sentences instead)

“2 minute approval tips” should be “Two-minute approval tips” (Don’t begin a sentence with a numeral)

“tuned-in” should be shortened to “tuned”

Comment provided January 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Gary –

As I’m sure you’re well aware, the rules of English grammar are often fuzzy at best, especially on issues of hyphenation, branded phrases and turns of phrase. I think it’s safe to say that most writers would contend that your suggestions are open to interpretation. Nonetheless, thanks for your thoughts – we’ll definitely be even more diligent of our grammar in future posts now that we know you’ll be watching.

– Marc

Russell Hamel writes:

Seriously?

While we all appreciate and expect a certain level of grammar especially from articles here on EzineArticles.com, I would suggest that many people simply skim for essence, gleaning the most important concepts.

Thank goodness EzineArticles.com accepts articles written in the way most of us speak and read. From what I understand, that’s about a grade 5/6 level.

Then again, I’m pretty happy eating fast food out of paper plates and Styrofoam cups. :)

Keeping it simple in Toronto,
Russ

Gary Jacobsen writes:

Marc –

Rules of English grammar are not at all “fuzzy.” That is why they are called *rules*. Most people never bothered to learn the rules of grammar, so now they say such rules are unimportant.

Gary

Gary –

If only there was a definitive and official rule book for the English language. Truth is, the rules vary considerably between the many different sources as well as between English-speaking nations – it’s one of the reasons that it’s so difficult for non-English speaking people to learn the language. Here at EzineArticles, we are confronted almost daily with grammatical questions that require us to research proper word usage or sentence structure. What we often discover is that there is no consistent answer for many of these questions. One source will state one thing, while another source will state something different. Inevitably, we must be satisfied with simply choosing the “more” correct answer.

Once again, thanks for letting us know your thoughts. It drives us to be ever more vigilant in maintaining the highest possible level of quality in our writing. :-)

– Marc

Wolfgang writes:

I have to hand it to you all at EzineArticles.com you really do your best to help us all out.

Comment provided January 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Horace Crosby writes:

I really appreciate the time you take, and the tools and information you make avaiable to writers like me, who are new to internet writing.

Comment provided January 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Wow, this is amazing. Unbelievable – awesome. I cannot tell you how many folks email me to ask questions, sometimes I just do not have the answer, now I have a trustworthy place to send them on any and all topics about article writing online. Thank you, this will help EVERYONE!

Comment provided January 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Hi Penny,
thanks for the new scratch pad feature in the interface – great for taking down notes!

Wanted to know if the inbox feature is also integrated in the new interface, since I couldn’t locate it?

Thanks!

Comment provided January 17, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Deepanjolie –

The Member Inbox feature is not currently available on the My.EzineArticles interface. It will potentially be implemented in the near future, but an exact determination has not yet been made. I would suggest that you click on the “Feedback” link in the bottom right-hand corner of the interface and let us know that it’s a feature you’d definitely like to see.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you use the “Notifications” function to get pertinent information on your account activity. You can view your notifications in the upper right-hand corner of the interface. To review your notifications settings, select Settings from your Member Name Dropdown Menu located on the top right corner of the page. Once there, select the Notifications tab. This is where you can select which notifications you would like to receive for your account.

– Marc

Deepanjolie,

The concept of the member inbox is available but because the functionality changed, it appears to not exist. You will receive a notification in lieu of an email if you have your notifications turned on but if you don’t, it feels like you don’t have the option.

Through member feedback we understand that this is building confusion and will have an “inbox” for you in the next day or two. Thanks for keeping us busy and for your patience. :)

Deepanjolie writes:

Penny,
Thanks for your prompt reply and for considering the “inbox” addition to the new interface – appreciate it!

Best,
Deepanjolie

Deepanjolie writes:

Marc,
will do. Thanks for the guidance.

Best,
Deepanjolie

Gary Jacobsen writes:

Russ –

Articles should be written at the “grade 5/6 level”? I don’t think so. With modifiers and good sentence structures, English becomes a versatile, effective means for communicating complex ideas. When was the last time you heard a 5th grader express an intelligent thought?

Comment provided January 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Gary Jacobsen writes:

Marc –

Please don’t think I’m picking on you, but I really must point out two errors in your Jan. 17 comments.

Your first sentence should have the verb *were,*, not *was.* You are stating something contrary to fact (in your view, at least); therefore the verb must be in the subjunctive mood. (If the moon *were* made of green cheese, intergalactic mice would be happy.)

In your second sentence you should’ve put a period after *nations* and started a new sentence with *It’s.*

– Gary

Comment provided January 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Gary Jacobsen writes:

P S – Ignore the unnecessary second comma in my comments (typo).

– Gary

Gary –

I’ve got to thank you for giving me a good laugh. It would appear that even the best of us can experience errors in our writing! Even so, you’ve demonstrated your vast and superior knowledge of the English language. I salute you. If you’re not already employed as a proofreader or editor, I’d suggest that you consider one of those as a definite career possibility.

– Marc

Gary Jacobsen writes:

Here’s something to think about: over 90 percent of English sentences are based on only six recurring patterns. Read “To Learn English, Study Its Bones” in EzineArticles.

Once a person masters these six sentence patterns, he or she can add modifiers at will to create interesting, meaningful sentences.

– Gary

Russell Hamel writes:

Gary, your points are well-taken. I think we should always strive for improvement.

Having said that, I spent 40 years teaching private music lessons, a job which required me to take complex symbols and concepts and make them not only understandable, but enjoyable as well. I could have flaunted my education by using words such as “rudimentary, facile, imcomplex, untroublesome”… however, my students loved the fact that I was able to speak on THEIR terms using clear, easy, simple language.

I made an entire career out of keeping it simple… because I had to. However, I never talked down to my students, constantly pointing out the error of their ways; rather, I started at their level and brought them up to mine. That’s an art!

As for “When was the last time I heard a 5th grader express an intelligent thought?” WOW! Have you been around kids lately? Although I’m retired from private music teaching now, I’m in my second marriage and blessed with an 8-year-old step-daughter (grade 3). She teaches me something every single day! Sure, young people may not be elegant, erudite and polished in their communication presentation, but that does NOT mean they don’t have anything intelligent to contribute to enrich our lives.

For some interesting reading, check out this information on Flesch-Kincaid readability: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_test

Jon writes:

Nice bunch of features. This gonna really help me to some extent. Thanks EzineArticles for another useful tip.

Comment provided January 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

John writes:

Hi Penny, thanks for another useful stuff. I will surely make use of my article library soon. Cheers!

Comment provided January 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Albert writes:

cool stuff. I have been enjoying writing for more than one year and got good results too. Hope above described tips gonna help me to achieve my goal to become an expert author.

Comment provided February 8, 2012 at 5:20 AM