Expert Author Showcase: Simon Volkov

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Simon Volkov in Today’s Author Showcase

As an online marketing strategist who specializes in the highly competitive niche of foreclosures and short sales, Expert Author Simon Volkov’s success arises from his commitment to consistently provide informative content and his ability to plan strategically.

Inspired by advice-seekers, current trends in real estate, article directories, and other social media outlets, Simon is motivated to help people find solutions. “In my profession, I work with people who are facing life-changing problems…” he commented. “When I sit down to write an article, I ask myself what I would want to know if I were in their shoes. Then, I do my best to provide the information in a succinct manner that leads readers to the resources they need to overcome their life challenges.”

Article Writing Challenges & Simon’s Strategic Solutions

Challenge: Managing a website and blog, as well as writing articles, creating online videos and podcasts, and engaging in social media marketing can be overwhelming.

Solution: “I hire freelancers to help with several marketing tasks to free-up my time so I can focus on writing.”

Challenge: How to maximize the value of article write while staying abreast to all the changes made to Search Engine algorithms, as well as updates to article directories’ terms of service.

Solution: “The best advice I can offer newbies is to publish to article directories, like EzineArticles.com, that have a good reputation… Additionally, I feel it’s better to write one exceptional article than to publish dozens of poorly written articles.”

Challenge: Writer’s block.

Solution: “I have two favorite cures for writer’s block. The first is to take a walk and clear my head… For me, there’s nothing better than fresh air and a brisk walk to break through writer’s block.

“My second favorite cure is to brainstorm with colleagues. I’m very fortunate to have several friends who are writers. We’ve all experienced the dreaded writer’s block and have formed a group where we can call upon one another when we can’t find the right words or ideas to get started with or complete an article.”

Simon’s Favorite EzineArticles.com Tools

Achieving success requires utilizing as many tools as possible. Simon’s favorite EzineArticles.com tools include:

1. Article Writing & Insights Blog: “I have been able to tighten up my articles from the tips shared at the Blog, as well as meet other authors and learn about new tools provided by EzineArticles.”

2. Training Resources: “The quick-read Training PDF documents and :90 Second Audio Training cover every topic any writer needs to write compelling articles.”

3. Author (Category) Rankings Tool: “It helps me see where I need to improve my writing skills and which categories I excel in so I can focus more time on that genre.”

4. To view your Author Ranking using Members.EzineArticles.com: Log into your account, select “Author Tools,” and then select “View My Author Rankings.”

To easily find your Category Ranking using the new My.EzineArticles.com member interface: Click here.

Want more exposure, enhanced credibility, and increased traffic to your blog or website? Take Simon’s advice in your next set of articles by writing exceptional articles that offer solutions for your readers.

Do you have a question or comment for Simon? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Albert writes:

Nice info shared by you mate thanks for the good work done.

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Dale Poyser writes:

This is really great info. Hopefully one day I will be able to have over 150,000 views like you. I agree article submissions is a great way to get started in Internet marketing.

Writing one good article is also definitely better than 1 poorly written articles.

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Kathy Browning writes:

Congratulations on your writing success and thank you for providing these helpful suggestions. I like to take walks when I’m experiencing writer’s block, but never thought about putting together a group. What a great tip!

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Thanks for those ideas – you certainly need strategies for dealing with the dreaded block.

I find a complete change of scene/activity helps.
I’ve disrupted my normal pattern AND disengaged from the negativity surrounding a block.

If I’m feeling really low, I like to start and finish a simple task. (the message here is that I can start and finish my article too).

I keep notebooks everywhere . They are great for idea feasts. Re-reading them reminds me that I can mix, match and re-angle topics as I want.

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Jon writes:

Hi mate thanks for the useful ideas you shared with us. This makes us to do a little more. Really you inspired me.
Thanks
Jon

Comment provided December 8, 2011 at 7:24 PM

uganda safaris writes:

Thank you very much for the idea. I think that is a really good solution for coming up with good content for an article. I really think if a writer is coming up with an articles, and is trying to find a lot of content for a subject matter, he/she should consider following your guide come up with content following each point you have listed in details.

I think your suggestion is great.

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Alan Sahu writes:

Hi Simon,

Which is the best place to hire freelancers?

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Claire writes:

“When I sit down to write an article, I ask myself what I would want to know if I were in their shoes.” Such a great tip! I try to think this way, too.

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Simon writes:

The best place to really find free lance writers is at Article directories. My suggestion is to place an ad in craigslist in New York and Los Angeles.

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Alan Sahu writes:

Thanks Simon,

I will try this tip.

John writes:

Nice and useful info shared by you. I also question myself if i would be at readers place what information i would have been looking for? This helps me.

Comment provided December 9, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Chris writes:

Sound advice from someone that has walked the walk

Comment provided December 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Vijay Khosla writes:

Hi Simon,

The number of views….. 186,909!

Do I Need to leave a comment?

Oh! No Sir, I can but salute to that wonder.

Thanks.