Expert Author Showcase: Kym Gordon Moore

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Kym Gordon Moore in Today’s Author Showcase

Every day, there is an expert author who stands out and catches our attention. When Expert Author Kym Gordon Moore’s profile came across my desk, it wasn’t her impressive stats that caught my attention, nor was it her inspiring experience listed on her Expert Author page.

It was a quote that really resonated with our sentiments here at EzineArticles.com:

No one can see your visions and dreams as clearly as you can. Purpose is the key to creation manifested through vision. – Kym Gordon Moore

Kym is an exceptional example of vision and applied purpose. Having dedicated over twenty-nine years to writing and speaking throughout her corporate career, Kym writes to help, inspire, and motivate others. Seizing every opportunity to continue adding to her storehouse of experience, Kym recognizes credibility cannot be leveraged without quality.

“I do not write to see how many articles I can publish, I try to write quality articles that are viewed by many readers to help them with that particular subject,” Kym stated. “It doesn’t matter whether it is business-related, marketing-related, environmentally-related, or topics of general interest… [I] continue to discover what the current buzz or problem is, then find ways to offer doable solutions for that dilemma.”

Adding article writing to her repertoire is one way Kym adds to her credibility and increase her exposure. “Article marketing is a major factor to my marketing plan,” she said. “It adds value to what I learn and teach by implementing and sharing the knowledge I gain with other writers and small business owners. It gives me ongoing ideas to use in other facets of marketing such as social media, brand marketing and book ideas.”

Kym’s 5 Success Strategies

1. Don’t write just to say you have been published. “If my articles do not offer some type of solution or insight to the reader, then I have not been as effective with my submissions as I planned to be… With thousands of articles covering just about any subject imaginable, I aim for producing quality work that would effectively inform the audience that I am targeting.”

2. Do your homework. “Ask yourself why you are writing about what you are writing and how will it benefit others who may be interested in your topics of interest. Often, what individuals may be interested in writing may not generate a large audience of viewers.”

3. Broaden your sphere of expertise. “Diversify your writing and learn how to tap into that niche’s market share, even if it is a small percentage.”

4. Compel readers with your passion. “When you write about what you love, you can share your passion and generate interest among like-minded individuals who will interact with you because of that common thread.”

5. Always have solutions up your sleeve. Check out Kym’s cures for writer’s block in her article “8 Effective Tips for Unblocking Writer’s Block.”

Increase your credibility and exposure to your website or blog by trying out Kym’s strategies in your next set of articles. Write to help, inspire, and motivate based on your passion and the needs of your readers. And remember to invigorate your vision with purpose because “purpose is the key to creation manifested through vision.”

Do you have a question or comment for Kym? Feel free to leave it in the comments section below.

Vijay Khosla writes:

Exceptional skill at choosing exceptional words!
A marvelous Gift!!

and the Quote: ‘No one can see your visions and dreams as clearly as you can…..’ (Unquote).

The lines are beyond my…… (don’t have words to fathom these and explain.)

Thanks.

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Mark Demers writes:

Very interesting read. It`s not hard to find help on the internet and if I can be the source of that help it would only help with my visibility and credibility online.
This is how I see it, the extra you do for people the more they will like you.
I have articles which don`t bring much traffic because of their length however I believe in the content they provide.
I will try and target more problem solving in my next few articles.
I like writing and providing real help but spare time is always a factor .

Thanks

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hi Mark, I truly understand where you are coming from. Even if you can touch and engage 1 or 2 people effectively through your articles, that’s better than no engagement at all. Spare time is definitely a factor, but continue forging ahead with your passion to write. Never stop! You never know where it will lead! Take my word for it. Thank you so much for sharing your comments.

Santosh writes:

The more you polish a gemstone, the sharper you polish it, the more dazzle it radiates. This creation is an outcome of those 20 years of consistent learning refining and fine polishing with exposure.

I am sure this will be a guiding line for the writers who want to explore and innovate the power of words …

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Santosh, that was so poetically stated. Sometimes you go through a lot of hard knocks and great challenges. Without adversity however, we may never have anything to write about. A diamond as we see it mounted in a piece of jewelry is not the way it started out when it was excavated. Oh how we appreciate the process it went through to get to the end result! Stay encouraged and keep plugging away. Thanks so much for your kind comment.

Thank you so much for your kind words Vijay. I created that quote during one of my deep moments! LOL Sometimes in order for me to be inspired, I have to start from within. Have a FAN-TA-BU-LOUS Day!

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Truman Anderson writes:

Kym, reading your success strategies and your tips for overcoming writer’s block was certainly a breath of fresh air for me…I hope to read more of your articles in the future. Merry Christmas!!
Respectfully,
Positively Truman

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Positively Truman, bless you. You know, sometimes it can be a little frustrating when you sit and look at your computer screen or notepad and think about what in the world you are going to write about today, as you watch the minutes float away. These tips are simple things that helped me to stimulate my creative mode process and get out of my writing rut. I certainly hope this helps and continue writing! I look forward to reading some of your material as well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! :-)

Delores Darden writes:

Hi Kym,

It has been a pleasure to read about you. You are surely an inspiration to me and I look forward to following your advice, especially your success strategies.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Delores

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Hello Delores,

Thank you for your sweet and inspiring words. You make me want to cry. I am so glad that we have a forum that gives us the opportunity to be a support system for a profession or hobby that does not get the type of respect it so rightfully deserves.

Continue to look up, because the best is yet to come. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family!

Peace & Blessings!

Over 100k views! Good job Kym!

My cure for writers block is people watching… lot of kooky folks out there that can light a fire in your brain.

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Andrew, you are hilarious! I’m sure you obviously have some great material from your people watching. Thanks for the shout out on the 100k+ views. It’s amazing that sometimes the articles you think are going to do pretty good are usually the ones that rank lower than the ones you think will get minimal views.

It’s an unpredictable thing, but obviously we are having fun and enjoying what we do! Enjoy the beauty of the holidays and keep writing!

From Behind the Pen,
Kym

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Francene Marie writes:

Kym Gordon Moore, we are all so proud of you! I personally enjoyed all the tips, but I have my favorite :) its #5 – always have solutions up your sleeve! This advice is perfect for all aspects of life. Your writing skills are breath-taking and appreciated. Give us more!!!!!!!!!

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM

John writes:

Good work done Kym. Keep it up my best wishes with you.

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Thank you so much for your sweet comments John. I will continue to do my best and likewise. Take care and continue to forge ahead. All the best to you and your family during this season of giving and gratitude. Be blessed.

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Kym,

Your advice is valuable and obviously works since you have certainly attracted a large number of readers to your articles. Thanks for being a great role model.

Warmly,

Dr. Erica

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Thank you Dr. Erica. Your words mean so much and I am very grateful to be able to make a difference or help someone in the same manner as you do. Have a wonderful Christmas and a beautiful New Year. Love is the key!

From Behind the Pen,
Kym

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Diane Ziomek writes:

Kym,

I must say your tips do work. I have hit a brick wall at my computer but upon taking pen and paper outside have been able to write. My favorite outside spot is in the middle of the alpaca pen; just watching them is a good stress reliever and the words just seem to flow.

I must also add having a variety of interests does contribute to the ability to write more. I find if I am stumbling in one area, all I have to do is switch gears and choose a different topic. It does work and often opens up ideas for the first topic so I can complete the article after all.

Congratulations on your 100K+ article views; I can only dream of having that many. Take care!

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Thank you Diane!

You know I have to agree with you that having a variety of interests will help to jumpstart your writing in one capacity or another. It’s interesting that you mention sitting in the middle of your alpaca pen and getting inspiration to put your pen to paper. What type of livestock/animals do you keep in your alpaca pen?

I have to tell you that the elements of nature will certainly help to fine tune your physical and spiritual senses if you simply relax, release and reflect. Your unique method of disassembling your writer’s block will help you to develop a short story, poem and/or article to expose your writing to different publishing opportunities. Keep writing, polishing and submitting. I found that when I received many rejection letters, I stopped taking them personal and started looking at what I needed to do in order to write better. That is an ongoing process for me, but it is so well worth it!

The views will follow when you utilize your resources to reach a larger audience. How big you want that audience to be is up to you. All the best with your writing endeavors!

Warm Regards,
Kym

Comment provided December 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Diane Ziomek writes:

Thank you Kym! We have 7 alpacas in the alpaca pen; they are a very quiet animal as well as very curious. We have one who will walk right up to the cats and sniff them. We also have horses and a pot belly pig, but they are in separate pens than the alpacas.

Thank you for the advice as well. It is good to learn what works for others. That is not to say it will work for everyone, but with time we all will find what works and what doesn’t. Also what works today may not work tomorrow.

I am constantly broadening my horizons in regards to my articles, but they all seem to center around one thing…home. It is what I know and love, and my home is very diversified. Perhaps that is why it is relatively easy for me to switch between topics when I write.

Diane,

I was going to ask if your alpacas were like llamas. I am used to calling them that and not by the name alpaca. Thanks for your lesson on that. That would be a great article to write about if you haven’t already. Just utilize relative keywords in your tagline and search for magazines (online and offline) as well as EzineArticles.com to feature your alpaca articles on. I didn’t know whether you had another type of animal in the pen, but thanks for sharing that story about them.

You know, you are so absolutely right about what may work today will probably be obsolete on tomorrow. That’s just a part of the way marketing works now-a-days. You have to be adaptable. In light of the fact that your topics are centered on home, it seems like you have a slew of topics to write about and never get bored. Thanks so much for responding. You taught me something new today! I love that!

Comment provided December 16, 2011 at 6:36 AM

I would like to be able to write articles as Kym Gordon Moore

Comment provided December 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Hi Francene,

Your words are so exhilarating! Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful sentiments of encouragement in return. I am happy to hear that you embraced one of my tips as a life-learning lesson. I never thought about it in that capacity, but your exchange of energy and optimism gives my spirit the boost I need to be a better writer and person. Thanks once again! :-)

Peace & Blessings Always,
Kym

Comment provided December 16, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Aztex writes:

Kym,
I am impressed. It seems that you are a perfectionist and do everything very deliberately and carefully. I think putting in a deliberate effort initially saves you from doing it again.

Comment provided December 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Thank you so much Vedaraman! That really means a lot to me. With your attitude, you are going to write better! Stay encouraged! Thanks so much for checking out my profile and enjoy your holidays.

From Behind the Pen,
Kym

Comment provided December 19, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Aztex,

Thank you so much for your engaging and complimentary words of encouragement. It seems like you can read me like a book! I strive to be a perfectionist, however I am known to split a few infinitives every now and then! LOL

Often, I have to walk away from what I write and go back to read it either hours or a day later and determine if it makes sense. Sometimes it does and at other times, I wonder if I was writing in my sleep! I really appreciate your analogy and your comments motivate me to be a better writer. Enjoy the holidays and continue looking upward!

Peace & Blessings Always,
Kym

Comment provided December 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Dorothy Gauvin writes:

Kym, you provide a true answer to a query in my mind . Thank you for this wisdom,
Dorothy

Comment provided December 21, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Hi Dorothy,

I am very honored and grateful that I shared a little something you could use to apply to any project, whether it is great or small that you are working on. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your encouraging words with me. Thank you so much!

Best Wishes Always,
Kym

Larry Nabiong writes:

Kym, you are authoritative when you write…how much more when you speak…i would love to hear you speak…how i wish EzineArticles.com could provide a video platform here…dunno really if they had one or what… I would like to pattern my writing with yours…i mean the style, accent/diction and so on. Thanks for being a good model of an EzineArticles.com Expert/Ddiamond author. Let your shining glory…be a guide to us still struggling to master the craft.

Comment provided December 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Wow Larry,

I am humbled by how detailed your comments are regarding my writing. You know, when I started writing, it was simply a pastime and something that I really enjoyed doing. My downside was comparing myself to many accomplished writers who intimidated me by their style of writing, the major endorsements they received and the book deals that seemed to float their way. When I decided to submit a few of my compositions to poetry contests, magazines or newspapers, I received enough rejection letters to wallpaper a few rooms in my house! That’s not saying that I still don’t get one every now and then.

What that experience did to me was not devastating, although the initial shock of opening up the envelope and reading the opening line, “Thank you for submitting to our publication, but we regret to inform you that…” was like an arrow shooting through my heart. However, I didn’t allow that to steal my joy and force me to give up on something that I am passionate about. I remember hearing Dr. Maya Angelo say one day, “Read copiously if you want to be a good writer.” So I decided to buy books that helped me to examine my writing from a more objective and diverse point of view. When I didn’t have the money to buy books, I checked them out from the library or did a book swap with a few friends. I particularly paid attention to simple mistakes that I overlooked which could easily cost me a writing gig (free or paid).

My Thesaurus and Dictionary are still my good writing companions. So, find your “Larry” voice and refine it in a way that would capture the eyes of the editors for the markets you are interested in. I challenge you to write an article a month. Writing often and submitting your best is the key to turning heads and “eyes!” More importantly use all of your physical and spiritual senses to bring life to your compositions. Read them aloud before hitting the send button. If you have someone who would not mind proofreading your work before you submit, then use that opportunity for improvement. If you can take a writing course from a nearby community college, that would be a wonderful opportunity to network with other writers. Sorry to be so long-winded, but these are a few things that I tried and they helped me.

Thanks again for your comment. Happiness and Peace in the Philippines! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

From Behind the Pen,
Kym

Comment provided December 22, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Larry Nabiong writes:

Huge Thank You, Kym! You have lit the torch in hiatus. You have sparked something in me that i could not ignore–that of writing more articles. This time, i would be more strict observer of my schedules, more focused and inspired. Again, with your wisdom peppered response above, i had no other option but to stay pushing my pen, er improving my writing style, having a unique voice. Happy Holiday to all your fans out there, Kym. Count me in as one of them.

Comment provided December 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM

My pleasure Larry! Stay encouraged and THANK YOU for your encouragement in return! :-)

Comment provided December 22, 2011 at 11:52 PM