Write a Product Review to Help Consumers Make Timely Decisions
Product reviews are a fantastic way to educate consumers about their purchasing options while also sprinkling in some of your own expertise and personality.
Many consumers (or potential readers) look for product reviews to gauge the effectiveness of products on the market.
The Internet is a great place to share your reviews of products as it has become the #1 way consumers gather data to research a future buying decision.
Here are two keys to keep in mind when writing your product review:
- Harness Your Bias: While you may have some strong opinions about a particular product one way or the other, make sure: 1) you do not have a vested interested in the product, and 2) please keep negativity to yourself – abusing a product or service will hurt your credibility, not the other way around.
- Let Value Be Your Guide: Avoid generic statements, e.g. “Where can you buy [product]? Go Online!” Readers are already online looking for information on the product, so they are covered in that department. What readers ARE looking for is an informative product review, chock-full of valuable details about the actual product by a credible source.
The format of a product review is actually pretty simple. So let’s get started:
- Introduction: Start with a brief introduction to the product. Explain what it is and what it does. If there is an interesting story involved on how you stumbled upon the product, you could tell it here.
- Body: Share a quick review of how the product worked for you. Give the product a rating or grade.
- Pros: List the benefits of the product. Pick out the features that work particularly well and things that made the product stand out. Try to include at least 2 or more pros.
- Cons: List any potential drawbacks you see with the product.
- Analysis: Revisit your rating or grade and explain how you arrived there.
- Conclusion: Stay positive while concluding the review. Name other options if you have tried them. If it is a new product or a new field, make recognition of that.
For your next article, write a timely product review and use these keys to ensure your product review articles are informative, non-biased, and valuable to readers. Let us know how it worked for you!