Increase Your Credibility by Giving Your 100%

Bad Author vs. Good Author

Imagine you have two versions of yourself perched on your shoulders: a Bad Author and a Good Author.

The Bad Author tells you about techniques that may sound pleasing and easy, but the methods ultimately boil down to sacrificing quality.

The Good Author tells you to give it your all by ensuring your articles meet the needs of your readers with engaging, quality, and informative content.

So whose advice should you take?

Watch this video to see how one expert deals with his inner authors:

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Before you feel swayed to cut corners in your article writing efforts, listen to the voice of reason: Your credibility depends on the level of commitment you dedicate to your readers.

Go Au Naturel

Don’t force content into your articles. Write naturally in the article sweet spot: 400-700 words. Check out this post to learn how to write articles without puffing it up with superfluous content.

A Pinch of Keywords

Keywords are like salt. Add a pinch and you may have a delicious meal. Douse the meal and you will find yourself reaching for a glass of water to quench your uncontrollable thirst. Check out this post to learn how to balance keywords in your articles.

Expert Author vs. Salesperson

Dropping a promotional line in the article is obnoxious to readers and interrupts the trust dynamic between the author and the reader. The minute you bully your readers with a sales pitch in your article, your reader will look for the information they want elsewhere. Check out this post for 7 tips to avoid being overly promotional in your articles.

When you are in an article writing slump, consider this:

Do you want to give it your all or none at all?

When it comes down to all or none – give your 100%. Always write quality, original content and make a strong commitment to your readers to increase your credibility as a good expert author!

hara writes:

it’s very nice article and very energetic story!

Comment provided November 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Marc, you have a very engaging way of presenting
important information.

Comment provided November 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Lisa –

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad to hear that my presentation style works for you. I hope it works equally well for the thousands of others who will view this video. I must confess, however, that I don’t do it alone. The videos you see here are the culmination of the efforts of a very talented team of video and graphics professionals. I will pass your kudos on to them as well.

– Marc

I really like the salt analogy, I am going to have to use that in one of my articles :) But I will quote you!

Comment provided November 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Nalim writes:

Marc,

Every word of you about Article Marketing worth a million.Content rich, Live and productive and most of all not boring and every word of you motivate the inquisitiveness to learn more from you. It’s great Marc, do guide us further with even better contents on Article Marketing. Good Luck! I really mean it!

Nalim Bukhary

Comment provided November 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Nalim –

Thanks for the kind words! :-) We do our best as a team to bring you videos that are not only educational, but motivational and entertaining as well. I’m pleased to hear that we’re accomplishing our goal.

– Marc

Shirley Slick writes:

I love this video! Great way to make a great point.

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I agree with Shirley, this is a great way to deliver the message to Ezine Authors. Simple, entertaining, and too the point!

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Thanks, Shirley and Lance! We’re glad you like it! :-)

– Marc

Linda Blume writes:

Wow!!! What a great delivery!!! Very good presentation!!!! :)

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Linda –

You, like many others, are too kind. Thanks so much for the compliments and feedback. It’s helpful for us to know which videos are most appreciated by our viewers so that we can create more in the same vein. In truth, I’m especially pleased since videos like this one are so much fun to produce! :-)

– Marc

Thank you – I am just getting started on this journey have just completed Brett McFall’s SuccessSpeed internet marketing strategies conference. This is a whole new world for me and your content is incredibly rich and enjoyable to follow. Short, punchy and spot on. Thank you

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Brilliant points of view and useful. Thank you

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 7:27 PM

aladdinledlight writes:

I am going to have to use that in one of my articles :) But I will quote you!

Comment provided November 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Eapen Koothoor writes:

Great post, thanks ! These are the points that every article marketer must keep in mind. Every Internet Marketer must read this post. Enjoyed the video too.

Comment provided December 2, 2011 at 2:39 AM

Jon writes:

I always want to be a good author. I am new to article writing and thus finding these tips very useful for my forthcoming success story.
Thanks
Jon

Comment provided December 2, 2011 at 8:47 PM

John Muir writes:

Very informative. Looking forward to writing better quality articles.

Comment provided December 5, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Autoankauf writes:

Very informative. Looking forward to writing better quality articles.

Comment provided December 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM