Expert Author Showcase: Camille Rodriquez

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Camille Rodriquez in Today’s Author Showcase

Hailing from the Lone Star State (Texas, U.S.A.), Expert Author Camille Rodriquez wears many hats and that’s not including a Texan ten gallon cowboy hat. As a business owner, homeschool parent, women’s pastor, and social media enthusiast, Camille skillfully demonstrates how to expand the scope of your expertise relative to your lifestyle while still providing highly relevant, quality articles for readers.

“My articles tend to be in a variety of areas,” Camille stated. “There are certainly common themes to what I write, because I am the connecting piece, but I love to explore new ideas and new niches…”

Article Writing and the Creative Season

After changing industries and launching her own business, Camille knew article writing would play a huge role. “Writing articles is truly the best way to become a leader of thought in your industry or within your circle,” Camille commented. “It takes time, though, and there are different types of articles, different types of writing, and certainly different audiences.”

In article writing, focusing attention on the reader, their needs and how you can deliver is just the beginning. Camille acknowledges to raise the bar, you have to own every word of your article: “You can’t hide behind the article. You have to take a stand or a position, and if you’re willing to do that, your article efforts won’t be wasted, even if you are just getting started – again!”

To truly own your stance, Camille recommends expanding your thoughts, expanding your advice, and learning new things. This will not only help you add quality, meaningful articles to your article library, but you will grow to enjoy what you are learning.

Maintaining the stamina to write quality articles can often lead to writer’s block and doubts of your success. Camille admits “I find that article marketing strategies take me through seasons. One of the biggest challenges is not to get frustrated with myself if I’m in a less creative season than at other times. I still write. I still grow and learn, but sometimes I publish less. Seasons change and another creative season is just around the corner.”

Camille’s Article Writing Strategies

Set a Goal: “To be a successful article writer, you have to develop a commitment to the process and a consistent plan for writing… Set a realistic goal and stick to it. Maybe you want to have one article per week published. Do what it takes to stay on that schedule. Vary the time of day that you write, set aside dedicated time, etc., but make it happen.”

Write in Your Natural Voice: “Be who you are in your writing. Be honest. Be real. The best articles have an almost transparent nature to them, [i.e.] I can get a feel for the person behind the advice when I read them… That’s the best way to write.”

Share Meaning: As long as you unfailingly think about the fact that it is meaningful to you, it might be meaningful to others. “That allows me to make my articles helpful and useful for others. I always keep other readers in my mind – in a mental picture before me – as I write. It’s always about sharing quality information.”

Fend off Writer’s Block: “A combination of a change in scenery and a fresh opinion,” reading the newspaper to spark new ideas, or be inspired by your surroundings, such as “a crowd of people in a store” can help you fight writer’s block. One of Camille’s simple, but powerful weapons: the shower! “I don’t know why, but some of my best ideas come to me in the shower. I’ve taken to keeping my cell phone with a voice recorder on the bathroom counter so that I can quickly note my ideas after I get out of the shower. I wouldn’t want to forget them!”

Creative and resourceful, Camille’s expert advice comes from the roots of her own experience. Let your articles speak for you and your passions, and find what motivates you. Not only will you become a leader, but you will enjoy what you do.

Do you have a question or comment for Camille? Feel free to leave it in the Comments section below.

What an honor! Thank you, EzineArticles – You literally changed my life, and the process of writing has been profoundly rewarding!

Comment provided November 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Camille –

It’s our pleasure – especially when we hear that we’ve had such a profound and positive effect on the life of one of our members. Thank YOU for being such an ideal example of a great Expert Author. :-)

– Marc

Candace Dupuis writes:

Congratulations Mrs. Rodriquez!!!

Comment provided November 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Thanks Camille.

Finding and using your own voice is vital.

I have notebooks and working pens everywhere as I’m a ‘catch as catch can’ person. All I want is the idea- expansion comes later.

I also like to tune in to nature. She is a constant inspiration and also reminds me not to get pretentious- my concerns are pretty minor.

All the world is a source of material: especially cafes and public transport. That person you see eagerly eavesdropping is me. Thanks again.

Comment provided November 10, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Wolfgang writes:

Ideas come from everywhere sometimes unexpectedly and then writers flow steps in, I agree with Camille, it can come from the stars, or the moon, but being in nature it can come from the soul itself.

Comment provided November 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Karen writes:

Hi Camille

I always have a pen and a small notepad everywhere I go. I’ll jot down whatever I see and hear, and expand from there when I get back. I do agree with you that a change in scenery can bring new ideas.

Comment provided November 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Mrs. Rodriquez you have done a good work keep it up…

Comment provided November 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Thanks, Camille, for a great post. I’m a “shower girl” too. It’s a shame they haven’t developed waterproof paper so I can jot my ideas down in the water. I also get inspiration in my car, usually driving on I-95. That’s when having a voice message recording tool is helpful. It’s not safe to write doing 65 mph on the highway.

Comment provided November 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Charlene –

You’ll be happy to know that there is an equivalent item to waterproof paper – it’s called a scuba diver’s underwater writing slate. They’re very inexpensive and available on eBay and Amazon. You should give one a try and let us know how it worked out for you. :-)

– Marc

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have to get one and try it out.

I agree Charlene! I have often thought that I need a waterproof cover for my iPhone, but you’re right, writing and 65mph don’t agree with each other!

Thank you for the kind words!

Comment provided November 13, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Vijay Khosla writes:

This is how the ‘Masters’ have always taught to go to the ‘Mother Nature’ and listen to the tunes being played on the chords of time. Sometimes these tunes get played within you, if you care to listen. The inspiration can come in any form. The need is to work on it lovingly. You must fall in love with it to see it growing infront of your eyes.

Comment provided November 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Yes, I have often been inspired at odd moments – while driving, while lifting weights at the gym, while sitting in the jacuzzi or sauna, even at the grocery store. It happens when I am not so focused, when my mind is in a free floating state. I always have paper and pen with me to jot notes if thoughts arise.

Comment provided November 18, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Pass4Sure writes:

This is great that your name come on EzineArticles blogs. You are more require for writing…

Comment provided November 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM