Expert Author Showcase: Bill Lampton, Ph.D.

Meet EzineArticles’ Expert Author Bill Lampton, Ph.D. in Today’s Author Showcase

After 23 years as a vice president of three colleges and a medical center, Expert Author Bill Lampton, Ph.D. launched Championship Communication. For the last 12 years he has served to help organizations and individual professionals strengthen their communication, motivation, sales, and customer service, through speaking, seminars, and executive coaching.

What does Bill like best about being the president of his own business? “I start every day by shaving my boss,” he stated in his EzineArticles Expert Author Bio.

Driven by his career as a professional speaker and speech coach since 1997, Bill assesses which communication guidelines will bring practical lessons readers can practice right away. As an idea takes shape, Bill writes down key points the old fashioned way: pen and paper. Then the next morning, he will complete the article in one sitting, including proofing and editing.

Should he be seized by a case of writer’s block, Bill will skim his published articles to see whether they introduce communication topics he can cover more thoroughly. “Also, I browse major news stories, because I like to relate my material to current events people are thinking about and discussing.”

What sets Bill apart from other Expert Authors is his uncanny ability to capture his audience’s interest. In his public speaking engagements and his articles, he maintains a conversational style that is engaging and informative. “My readers feel that we are sharing coffee and chit chat,” he said.

Bill’s Writing Roots

His acceptance into the publishing field may have had a bumpy start, but his determination led to his success: over 50 published articles on EzineArticles.com and his celebrated communications book titled, The Complete Communicator: Change Your Communication, Change Your Life.

“My dogged, unflagging determination to become a published writer, despite years of delayed gratification,” Bill said. “As a columnist for my high school newspaper and editor of my college yearbook, I expected quick success in writing for magazines and newspapers. However, nothing but rejection slips came my way for a decade. I kept reading Writer’s Digest and enrolling in writing courses.

“After fourteen publications rejected one article I continued to believe in, I was amazed when two top-quality magazines accepted that article on the same day, with each editor enclosing a check for $100. That double-barreled encouragement told me I had made the progress I had pursued so stubbornly.”

Bill’s Article Writing Challenge

Bill recognized that one of the largest obstacles any writer must overcome is adhering to a writing schedule. “Prior to this year, I wrote without any particular plan–simply going to my computer periodically when an idea started taking shape,” he commented. “My writing resolution for 2011 was to write at least one quality article every week.”

Bill stated if he could do it all over again, “I would commit myself to the one-quality-article-per-week plan I began this year… Article writing takes top priority in my marketing plan. When respected publications display your articles repeatedly, your name becomes familiar to readers. Your credibility grows as an expert in your niche. Your Internet ranking accelerates remarkably.”

Engaging and inspiring, Bill infuses his determination and passion into his articles. For that we thank him for being an Expert Author with the EzineArticles.com community, even if he does cheer for the Georgia Bulldogs (the American College Football team).

Do you have a question or comment for Bill? Feel free to leave it in the Comments section below.

Jeff Herring writes:

Congrats Bill – you are really rocking it! Good on you…

Keep up the good work, shaving your boss, and cheering for the Dawgs!

Proud of you man!

~ Jeff Herring

Comment provided November 16, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Jeff, thanks so much. You are a masterful writer and writing coach, so your compliment carries special weight. I’m very grateful!

Jeff Herring writes:

Your very welcome Bill – just remember…you earned it!

~ Jeff

Well done Bill
Can I ask you, how many times do you edit your finished article?

Comment provided November 16, 2011 at 9:47 AM

First, thanks for your nice words, Gradle.

Ordinarily, I don’t edit extensively, probably because I make corrections and improvements as I write. Usually I will re-read an article once or twice, not just for typos but also to see whether I could add active verbs, eliminate unnecessary words, or insert a helpful illustration. For me, editing more than once or twice might even weaken the content, as too much tinkering could make the writing become too stilted.

Comment provided November 16, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Janet Eisenbise writes:

What a great key it is to write on a regular basis! That is something that I have done in fits and starts. Sounds like a great resolution.

Comment provided November 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Appreciate your feedback, Janet. That resolution has worked so well for me. I expect to maintain that habit next year, too.

Mike Hadaway writes:

Great article Bill. I can see why you are successful as a writer.
Go Dawgs!

Comment provided November 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Mike, just call me Clint Eastwood. . .because you “made my day” with your generous compliment. I’m most grateful! And yes. . .let’s have the DAWGS surprise LSU and everybody else!

anne wallker writes:

Well done Bill—I always knew you could achieve whatever goal you set out for and you have done it over and over again.

Comment provided November 17, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Anne, you truly energize me with those supportive words. Thanks most sincerely.

Emad kenona writes:

Thank you Mr Bill Lampton, Ph.D.
My appreciate for you nice and incentive words that encourage me to write weekly but specially EzineArticles took too much time and steps to publish our articles ,sometimes we lose hope for publishing our articles.
Do you have any new perspectives or strategies to solve these problems soon.

Comment provided November 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Emad, I’m delighted that my comment about writing weekly–at least one quality article–encouraged you. I’m not able to answer your question about EzineArticles since I am not on the editorial staff.

Emad –

I’ll jump in here since this particular question is outside of Bill’s expertise.

My suggestion is that you watch the “2 Minute Approval Tips” video series. This series will help guide you toward getting your articles approved on the very first try. You can find the entire series here: http://ezinearticles.com/videos/categories/2-minute-approval-tips/

Best of luck!
– Marc

Wendell Montney writes:

Bill,

Congratulations on your showcase. I am encouraged by your commitment to write one quality article weekly. It is interesting you edit as you write. I do the same and find a final read has great value.

I look forward to reading your articles in the future.

Comment provided November 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

You compliment me by reading my showcase and responding favorably, Wendell. Good to hear that “edit as you write” works for you as well. If you have other writing strategies that you recommend, I’d be glad to hear about them. Again, thanks for commenting.

You are reminding me that it takes a decision, a commitment and consistency to build your presence and your credibility online.

Comment provided November 18, 2011 at 8:02 PM

You’re absolutely on track, Erica! I visited your site, and agree that love and healing are paramount in life!

Jeff Herring writes:

Hey Bill – you’ve done a really good job with the response you are getting to your feature here – great connecting all around…

~ Jeff

Comment provided November 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM

George Benjamin writes:

Bill,

This article should inspire anyone to persevere past what seems to be the reasonable point of no return. Your success is well deserved, it was good to learn more about you here.

George

Comment provided November 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Language Translation Services writes:

Certainly information is what attracts the viewers. If your intension is to just post an article based on pure sales content, viewers get bored. So make it enjoyable and informative for them.

Comment provided November 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM