How to Write Compelling Articles to Maximize Your Return on Investment
By: Penny, EzineArticles Managing Editor
The From My Desk to Yours Blog post series (by none other than yours truly), has been a series of educational tips aimed at helping you become a better writer, easing your frustrations with article reviews, as well as guiding the discussions that follow each post.
Today we’re taking these conversations and this series to the next level: Video. And while I am not at my actual desk in this video (mine is covered in all sorts of gadgets, including an air freshener that startles the Editors every time it puffs), I wanted to share specific tips and techniques to help you maximize your article writing efforts.
So, without further ado, check out today’s video How to Write Compelling Articles to Maximize Your ROI below:
Why Compelling Content Is Important
- Keeps the Reader’s Attention
- Keeps the Reader Engaged
- Builds Trust
- Increases Click-Through-Rate (CTR)
How Do You Write Compelling Content?
- Consider the Reader’s Needs
- Give Useful Information
- Answer Your Reader’s Biggest Questions
- Pull From Personal Experiences
- What’s the Reader’s What’s In It For Me? Factor
- Give Your Reader’s the Benefits
- Make Your Reader’s Life Easier and Create a Positive Impact
- Share Your Story
- Be Transparent and Relevant
- Don’t Think About Search Engine Optimization
- Focus on Valuable, Useful Information
- Bring the Reader Home
- Keep Your Articles Conversational
- Imagine You’re Sharing This Information With a Close Friend
- Write to One Person
It’s THAT easy! Engage the reader by meeting their needs, provide them with unique insight, be transparent by writing naturally, and bring the reader home with a conversational tone. Use these tips to write compelling articles and maximize your article writing efforts.
If you have a suggestion for writing compelling articles or a future From My Desk to Yours video, please share it in the comments section below!