Meet EzineArticles Expert Author Mary Ruddy in today’s Author Showcase.
As Editor-in-Chief of several natural health and wellness websites, Expert Author Mary Ruddy strives to consistently provide quality information to help support a longer, healthier, and more productive life for her readers.
Inspired by her own experience as a patient “struggling with health problems, being passed from pillar to post from one doctor or consultant to another, but without any real answers,” Mary fought to find answers. “Through my own quest to get to the bottom of my health issues, I accidentally found my passion and through daily interaction with people who have gone through similar experiences, my inspiration and motivation to become a leading authority in this niche has been fueled.”
Bringing a Whole New Meaning to Quality of Life
Writing quality articles is more than just passing on information from expert to reader; it’s about taking that extra step to help the reader improve upon their own knowledge-set. “I always focus on quality and I will never deviate from this,” Mary stated. “As I write in the natural health niche, I know how important it is to provide real, genuine and tangible information to people who are searching for answers. When I am writing, I keep in mind that most of my readers are real people who are looking for answers to serious health matters and I want to ensure that when they read my articles… they feel they have received valuable information and that I have helped them in some way.”
Success with Article Writing
Using article writing as the single largest component of her overall marketing plan, Mary recognizes the popular focus on backlinks, article views, and click-through-rates. However, the more successful route Mary recommends is building a connection with the reader by providing quality content. “High quality, unique content will always be in demand,” she commented. “The more of this I can provide in my chosen niche, then the greater the results I will achieve. And as my articles become syndicated across other high profile websites and gain further exposure, my profile, recognition, and brand awareness will significantly increase, leading to overall success.”
Mary’s 5 Article Writing Tips
- Essential Ideas: Talk to your targeted audience about their needs. This ensures you are providing information to the people who will actually benefit from your writing and focuses your mind to get the creative juices flowing.
- Research: Put yourself in the mind of a potential reader and ask yourself: what are the particular needs of the reader? Begin a preliminary search on Google to ensure any facts or information you provide are correct and not misleading.
- Writing Space: Keep a clean, clear writing space and post short-term and long-term writing goals where they can be seen as you write.
- Eliminate Distractions: It is easy to lose sight of your plans and allow yourself to become distracted from achieving your goals. Be vigilant to achieve your dreams and don’t allow yourself to become distracted and unfocused.
- Proofreading: After writing a first draft, edit it accordingly to ensure it flows nicely, is easy on the eye, and ultimately delivers great information for the reader.
Mary’s Last Words
“Never give up! Article writing and marketing can be a real challenge… There will be days when you might struggle and want to give up, but this is when you need to persevere as success could be just around the corner… Surround yourself with people who will encourage and help you and this will make it so much easier for you to keep going and never give up!”
Do you have a question or comment for Mary Ruddy? How do you ensure quality in a backlink focused world? Share your feedback in the Comments section below!