Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information, fun facts and training – We’ve gathered some of the best ones from July right here. Retweet any of them to enhance your article writing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field.
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- Readers shouldn’t be “none-the-wiser” after your article. Put yourself in reader’s shoes: Do you take away quality info?
- Is your article a jungle? Keep paragraphs between 3-5 sentences to ensure your readers can navigate through w/o a machete.
- No ifs, ands or BUTTS? Use “butt” and “but” wisely. Spare yourself from being the butt of a joke, but humor is welcome. :)
- Would you go to a theater if the projector was broken? Ensure links & videos on your page work before sending readers.
- Sugar & spice & everything nice, that’s what great articles are made of! Variety creates uniqueness. What’s in your recipe?
- A comedian crashing a funeral is a faux pas. Approach your audience with the right tone & content by targeting them.
- Quality Stick: Can your audience get the same info from other sources? Don’t re-use heavily saturated content. Think new!
- The authority of an article on diseases is questionable when the Resource Box states “SEO Services.” Be relevant!
- Always, ALWAYS Proofread: “The gadget offers 3 potions (options).” “I new (knew) Tom.” “Your pail (pale) skin.”
- Sign It and Put a Stamp on It: Enhance your credibility & build your brand by signing EVERY article w/ your name & a CTA.
- Develop Solid Contacts: Networking with other authors can encourage guidance, support and cultivate experience.
- Maintaining reader-driven quality is hugely important in article writing. How do you stay in check? http://is.gd/jA5mFv
- Errors in logic & inaccurate info can cripple your credibility. Stay vigilant & check out this video: http://is.gd/N4jt8f
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Wanna know how rare Diamonds are? Last month only 60 members earned Diamond & 372 earned Platinum http://t.co/wJRGaza [PDF]
- Confused by the red and green underlined words when submitting an article? Red = Spelling error; Green = Grammar error.
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Writing attractively formatted articles is a breeze w/ our WYSIWYG article editor. Take a closer look: http://is.gd/5DHn1T
- Dress to Impress: Add a professional photo to your Bio to gain credibility & exposure. Learn more: http://is.gd/MEvtyN
- Use our Substitution Test to verify if your location-based articles are specific to the chosen locale: http://is.gd/wj07Rn
- Always on the move? Connect to our social media channels to stay on top of the latest news & insights: http://is.gd/NdBiPG
- Need inspiration? Check out our Author Showcases @ http://is.gd/aZL3R2. You’ll find first-hand tips from great authors.
- RT @steviephil: Aw cool, been sent some promo goodies by the guys at @EzineArticles. Mousepad, pen, notepad, etc. Thanks guys!
- Go-getter! RT @haroldforbes: Just received my package from @EzineArticles for becoming a Plat Author. Thanks, guys. Nice thought.
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- Watch this comedian FAIL to see what happens when quality is not his number one objective: http://is.gd/bGkMEp
- Articles are great gifts for the curious mind! Avoid regifting to your readers by providing unique content & a fresh link!
- Walk a mile in your readers’ shoes: Plan around your audience. Knowing your target is the key to providing quality content.
- Just like your accessories & dress, the content in your resource box and links should coordinate with the article.
- A budding rose can’t grow w/o water. Be sure to ‘water’ your articles with the nourishment readers need: relevant info.
- You wouldn’t hang two identical paintings side-by-side. Your landing page content must relate, not duplicate.
- “He shoots, he scores!” Make your article writing a success by setting goals. Success comes from planning!
- Don’t trap readers in an old, dusty attic. Clear the cobwebs in your article by ‘sweeping’ over the content … PROOFREAD!
Have any Twitter questions? Post it here to get some answers.