Article Content vs. Real Life – Clear and Concise Articles

Missing All the Signs

Have you ever read something and immediately said, “What does this mean?” or “This doesn’t make sense.”

Well, the same can be said about your articles if you’re not careful.

Being clear and concise in your article writing is about more than just checking your spelling and grammar for accuracy. It also requires a thoughtful read-through where you check the accuracy and logic of everything you say.

In this video, we take a look at some humorous signs that cause confusion to get you thinking about the clarity of your own article writing.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Errors in logic or inaccurate information can cripple your credibility.

Don’t let messages like the signs in this video sneak into your articles. Be clear and concise with your writing.

Any questions?

Walter Reich writes:

Good video makes you think about what you are going to write about.

Comment provided July 20, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Wade Coye writes:

Very funny video.

I think this is a great reminder, because you don’t want to contradict yourself and make people second guess points you’ve already made. But what I think this REALLY comes down to is focus.

Your articles, blogs, webpages, whatever it is your writing should be very focused. Know exactly what you’re trying to convey. Tell people what you’re gonna tell them. Tell them. Tell them what you’ve already told them. In the end, you shouldn’t stray too far, if at all.

Comment provided July 20, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Hilarious! A picture is worth a thousand words. Unfortunately, we can’t rely on pictures and have to rely on words when writing articles. So we must create clear pictures with our words. I had to laugh at myself, because I didn’t get the first one initially (left on the right turn arrow)!

Comment provided July 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Robyn writes:

Great video, really sets you thinking. I agree with Wade that it’s important to think about what you you want to say & don’t stray from the point throughout your article.

Comment provided July 22, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Walter Reich writes:

Go back to this article and remember more.

Comment provided July 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM

That’s funny!

Comment provided July 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Bellaisa writes:

Point taken!

Speaking of confusing signs – In my neighborhood we have a church that has a sign saying “All are welcome. Please feel free to have a stroll through our garden.”

Then about ten feet away is another sign that says “Private property. No trespassing.”

My husband and I always get a good laugh with these signs and I’m wondering which sign is their real intent.

Comment provided August 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Elena writes:

No questions. Thank you for your clear message.

Comment provided August 8, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Jessica Benes writes:

The idea you are going to put into your article should be clear that what effect it is going to create on the mind of viewers.

Comment provided September 8, 2011 at 8:55 AM