Making Articles Interesting, Entertaining, Fun & Exciting
Attracting a new set of readers to your articles isn’t always an easy task. Of course, you’re always looking to grow the size of your audience, but pinpointing exactly what makes one article more interesting/entertaining/exciting than the next one can be tricky.
It requires a balance of focus on both the quality of your content, as well as your ability to promote articles after publication. All steps of the process are important.
Our focus today is on the first part of the equation – the quality of the content. In this video, discover 5 ways to attract new readers and get higher returns on your articles.
Quick Tips to Get New Readers
Here’s a recap of the tips from the video:
- Tell a Story – Create a hook or theme for each of your articles. Incorporate a story that your audience can connect to or relate to instead of just plainly stating facts. How you choose to present information to your audience can make a big difference. A well-written story will attract more readers.
- Speak to One Person – Use your article to communicate directly to a single reader. Focus on using “you” instead of “he”, “she”, “they”, etc. This influences the readers perception that you are speaking directly to them and not to just anyone out in cyberspace. Plus, if it’s your first impression with a reader, it’s a great way to start forming a relationship for the future.
- Provide Original Information – Deliver your story and information in a fresh and original way. Your originality is what will set you apart from other authors. Remember, quality still matters, and having an original article is just part of the equation. You also need to make sure your article is built soundly with proper grammar and punctuation.
- Draw Inspiration – Use experiences in your everyday life for writing inspiration. Live in your niche and bring your personal experiences and stories into your articles. Try to write those ideas down that come to you right when they pop in your head. Then you’ll have them ready for when you have time to write.
- Be Creative – Tell a new story with every article you write. Break the mold and get creative. The more you incorporate your creativity into your articles, the more likely you’ll start to gain a wider audience.
Keep these quick tips in mind to attract new readers while writing your next set of quality, original articles.
Also, check out this previous post to discover some specific things you can do to get more out of your articles once they are published.
Have you used any of these techniques to get new readers? Leave a comment to share your experiences and your thoughts.