Every month @EzineArticles provides well over 100 useful tidbits of information, fun facts and training – We’ve gathered some of the best ones from April right here. Retweet any of them to enhance your article writing efforts.
Just CLICK on to auto-populate your Twitter status field.
EzineArticles Tips and Training Snippets:
- Traffic Tip: An article on crickets, with links to a finance site, will hear nothing but crickets. Always be relevant!
- Avoid being the ugly duckling by ensuring your articles are not spammy, keyword stuffed, spun, irrelevant or promotional.
- Do not be lulled into article writing software! It spits out confusing, meaningless gibberish. Humans always win.
- Get out that ol’ branding iron! Your Resource Box should always have your signature. Be PROUD to own your content.
- Are you an HTML hoarder? Use them sparingly to include headers and sub-headers. When in doubt, omit.
- Is your writing gobbledygook or can your audience appreciate your work? Take a step back & look at the big picture.
- Broaden your appeal by avoiding “university words” when you can. Most long words can be replaced by shorter, easier ones.
- Great articles are informative and INFUSED with ENERGY. Use unique experiences to spice up your writing & be passionate!
- Jargon Tip: Don’t alienate readers with overly formal language, but maintain professionalism by eliminating slang.
- Want to be a Green Author? Pledge to NEVER, ever use a Spinning program – it’s cyber garbage, polluting niches everywhere!
- Article repurposing is NOT article rewriting. Use your ever-expanding knowledge to bring fresh ideas to old topics.
- Calling all locale-niche authors: Incorporate local history, culture, restaurants to target the locale & build trust!
- Articles must deliver on their titles. If the title asks a “How To” question, be sure the answer is clearly in the article.
- An article title is a promise/commitment to your readers. How are you delivering on those promises? http://is.gd/jf4C6R
- An informed author becomes informed by researching topics prior to writing. Research, be informed and write!
EzineArticles Fun Facts:
- Need to inject some fuel into your writing? We have ~98K title suggestions waiting to give you the edge you’re looking for.
EzineArticles Inside Information:
- Do you like your EzineArticles media just a little bit richer? Check out our YouTube Channel at http://is.gd/Pao5lJ
- Articles are now available for distribution in an attractive, printer-friendly PDF format: http://is.gd/1xwRzW
- Would you like to connect with EzineArticles even more? Check us out on Facebook at http://is.gd/J89fpS
- Have you seen our training series? http://is.gd/OIWXWb – It’s FULL of tips & strategies for successful article writing.
- Strengthen the traditions in your niche & help them live on with the new Traditions Article Template: http://is.gd/wjp2ly
- Back by popular demand, EzineArticles WordPress Plugin: http://is.gd/ORr5bl
- RT @MyFiveFingers My morning routine (you’ll like it): http://twitpic.com/4m32xu – Nice shoes, I mean, EzineArticles mug!
Misc. Words of Wisdom:
- The seeds of great discovery are constantly floating around us, but they only take root in minds prepared to receive them.
- The more specific the information in your article, the greater its value is to readers. General tips are a dime a dozen.
- Professionalism = Taking constructive criticism head-on! Don’t be afraid to get a second opinion and improve your skills!
- Journaling: A great way to increase your writing productivity, stay organized and exercise your brain. http://is.gd/WITMLz
- Extended downtime can kill your writing productivity. Solution: Prepare yourself with a downtime plan. http://is.gd/akjc9t
- Are there skeletons in your article writing closet? Move on from your ghostly writing past by fixing any problem articles.
- Is your article inventory dwindling? Reread old articles & jot down your reaction. A fresh opinion can make a new article.
Have you got a Twitter question? Post it here to get some answers.