Details On Enabling and Using the New PDF Print Feature
Thanks to upgrades made recently to the Print This Article feature, articles written by Platinum, Diamond and Premium-level Expert Authors are now available as printer-friendly PDFs.
We’ve received several requests for this and have added it to the perks of being a Platinum, Diamond or Premium Member. The new feature generates an attractive, printer-friendly version of any article on your account when a reader chooses the Print This Article option.
If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Premium level author, you can take full advantage of this opportunity.
By default, this feature is turned off. Simply enable the feature with these steps:
- Login to your Author’s Area.
- Under Account Manager –> Account Preferences, select the Miscellaneous tab.
- Toggle the feature On/Off by clicking the appropriate Yes/No option under the Article PDF Download section.
- This setting will be saved automatically.
You’ll only be able to try out the new PDF Print Feature on articles written by authors who have the feature enabled on their own account. To get an idea of what this looks like:
- Visit this article, titled Thought Leaders – Using Articles To Entrench Yourself and Your Personal Brand.
- Scroll below the article and click the Print This Article link in the Share This Article box.
- Here you have an option: Download PDF or Print This Article.
- Clicking Download as PDF begins the download process.
- Clicking Print this Article will open the file in the old HTML format.
Depending on the browser you’re using and its settings, the file may open automatically or you may need to open it from the recent downloads folder on your computer.
With this new capability, it should be easier than ever to make your articles available for distribution. Give it a try, then come back and let us know what you think.