Don’t just dream of highly-targeted traffic, live it.
The #1 way to get more highly-targeted traffic to your website is to write and submit more new articles to directories like EzineArticles. Each article is a new access point that can help interested readers connect to you and your business.
With all else equal, a set of 10 articles consistently outperforms one article by itself in just about every statistical category. Although this traffic equation rings true, for many people it doesn’t do complete justice to the topic. For example, if you’re writing under time constraints, you’d want to know how you can become a more efficient and effective writer.
With a little extra effort on your part, the “More Articles = More Traffic” equation can be tinkered with to your advantage.
Here are (7) tips to help you effortlessly increase traffic back to your site:
- Be Judicious With Links – Choose your self-serving and non self-serving links wisely. Try to narrow down your most important self-serving links and only include the one or two that are most relevant to the article. Non self-serving links are okay to use if you want to reference a source, but they ultimately lead people away from your articles and your website.
- Introduce Truly Original Ideas – Coin a new term or phrase. This gives you a chance to be the first to discuss some new topic in your niche. Don’t lose focus of your journey toward becoming the official expert in your field.
- Treat Every Article Like It’s Reaching a New Audience – Target those visitors who haven’t read any of your content before. By doing that, you’ll increase your chances of making contact with that audience. You need to be comfortable testing different writing styles to determine which works the best for you and your growing audience.
- Explore the Long Tail – The keyword distribution curve provides insights into exactly how you reach completely new people inside your niche. There could be hundreds, maybe thousands of web surfers out there looking for information similar to what you’re offering. They’re not hiding, you just haven’t found them yet. Explore the keyword distribution curve, and more specifically the long tail of the curve, to see where your current keywords are focused and stay open to using new keywords to reach a new audience.
- Understand the Timeliness of Articles – Over the long haul, timeless/evergreen articles bring in steady traffic. These types of articles should be your main focus. Use them to build the foundation of your article inventory. Timely articles may bring in more views initially, but the number of new views each month will taper off eventually.
- Refine Your Audience – Who is your audience? If you start writing an article without being able to answer that question, you could be heading in the wrong direction with your content. Drilling down on your primary audience will help you determine the style you write in, the length of the article and how many details to include.
- Stay in Tune With Trends – Take time to research current keyword trends. If you’re just starting out, try keyword research tools like Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery, Yahoo! Clues and Good Keywords. Once you have a substantial article inventory, you can use the stats from your own EzineArticles account to determine the most popular keywords. Use what you learn to make future writing decisions.
Now, take these tips and incorporate them into your article writing and marketing. In no time you’ll be turning those dreams of sending highly-targeted traffic to your website into reality.
What other article marketing-related dreams (or nightmares) have you been having? Leave a comment to share and maybe we can help!