Discover how to quickly and easily add the latest version of this powerful new tool to your article writing and marketing arsenal.
Our new EzineArticles WordPress Plugin has been well-received by our members as a great way to easily submit new and existing blog posts as articles directly from the WordPress interface. The version we initially rolled out on March 25th triggered a flurry of comments and suggestions which led to numerous upgrades, modifications and bug fixes.
The latest incarnation of the plugin is getting rave reviews from members. The installation and operation are both relatively simple … with the operative word being “relatively” … depending on your level of experience with WordPress.
2010-04-26: Due to common issues the plugin has been updated to version 2.0
- Installing the EzineArticles WordPress Plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress interface
- Click on “Plugins” in the left navigation bar.
- Click on “Add New”
- Enter “EzineArticles” in the Search field
- Look for “EzineArticles WordPress Plugin”
- On the far right, click “Install”
- In the new window that opens, click on the orange “Install” button in the upper-right corner
- Activating the EzineArticles WordPress Plugin:
- On the next screen, click on “Activate Plugin”
- A small EzineArticles menu item will appear in the left navigation menu.
- Click on “Options” under the EzineArticles Menu
You’ll need to get your unique EzineArticles API key. To do that, click on the “click here” text link right under the text entry field.(removed for v2.0 and higher) Fill out the form for generating an API key by entering your EzineArticles username and password.(removed for v2.0 and higher) Click on “Submit”.(removed for v2.0 and higher) You will receive an email from EzineArticles containing your unique API key(removed for v2.0 and higher) Copy your EzineArticles API alpha-numeric key from the email(removed for v2.0 and higher)
- Go back to your WordPress interface and paste your
API key and enter yourEzineArticles username and password. (edited for v2.0 and higher)
- Click “Save Settings”
- Submitting a WordPress Post as an Article to EzineArticles:
- Write a blog post as you normally would, or use an existing post
- Once you have your post ready, check the box within the WP EzineArticles menu in the upper-right corner
- Fill in and verify all items within this menu.
- Click the “Validate” button before you submit your article – this checks your post to see if it meets the submission requirements of EzineArticles before you actually submit it.
- If something does not comply with the EzineArticles submission guidelines, you will see a little yellow bar at the top of the page describing what needs to be fixed.
- Remember, EzineArticles does not accept images in your article. If you have an image in your blog post, you will need to remove the image, submit your post to EzineArticles, then put your image back into your blog post.
- Once everything looks good, you can either click “Publish” which will publish your post to your blog, or you can click “Submit” which will submit your post to EzineArticles.com. If you want to do both, click on both buttons.
When you’re sure everything’s working properly, take your new software for a test drive by submitting your next set of high-quality, original articles directly from WordPress. It’ll be a great way to learn the ins-and-outs of the interface.
Remember, this software is still fairly young, so please contact Member Support if you encounter any challenges with the installation or operation of the plugin.
And leave a comment with any suggestions you may have for added features or improvements.