You probably know that you can get a fast start in article marketing just by revising your existing content into articles you can submit to EzineArticles. This is one of the guiding principles we emphasize for our new Expert Authors. (Want to know more about this strategy? Check out our Sept. 10, 2009 Blog post.)
Don’t stop there, though! Once your articles are approved and generating readers and website traffic, you can repurpose your original content again into value-added packages for your prospects and customers or traffic-drivers to your articles.
5 ways you can take your great original content and build even greater reach:
- Package 5 or 10 articles together as an ebook or PDF download and offer it as an incentive to new customers. These can be people who subscribe to your email newsletter or register as a new user on your site, for example.
- Print out a selection of relevant articles you’re most proud of to hand out at trade shows (or wherever you market yourself) and to include in a new-client welcome package. Everyone likes insights, tips and advice for free. Your articles will help you stand out from other vendors whose promotional material just say “buy, buy, buy!”
- Add a link to relevant articles when you write blog posts or comment on other people’s blogs or in online forums or discussion groups. These can help you build credibility in places where you’re not well known yet. Caution: Be sure to copy the link exactly and test it before you post. One missed “.” or “/” in the URL could break the link.
- Use your articles to write scripts for podcasts, webinars or teleclasses. Conversely, many successful Expert Authors use their scripts as springboards to create useful articles. If you haven’t previously produced a broadcast program, your articles can give you a good starting point … and vice-versa.
- Create an auto-responder series. Select five or seven articles that work well in a series (how-to articles are great for this) and format a mini-class that delivers one article a day for a week (five business days or a calendar seven-day week) to subscribers. A series like this can show new customers how to get the most from your products or service or help persuade prospects to do business with you.
Tip: Be sure your new content packages always include a link to your Expert Author bio (example: “https://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Christopher_Knight”) and an invitation to your fans to sign up for your article RSS feed.
Make it your goal to integrate 1 of these 5 techniques into your marketing efforts each month – starting TODAY. And leave a comment if you have any questions or additions to our list.