Question: What is a Private Label Rights (PLR) article?
Answer: Any article for which you do not own the exclusive rights to the content.
As you can probably guess by the title, we’re not overly fond of Private Label Rights content. That’s because the typical PLR scenarios look something like this:
- An author will buy a PLR article pack and submit it as his or her own …
- Or, an author will try to rewrite PLR content and submit it as his or her own …
- Or, they will buy content from a ghostwriter and not triple check the content for originality, only to find out later it’s not original.
This happens far too often and we’ve expended an enormous amount of effort to tag, identify, and not accept this type of content.
As a matter of fact, we feel so strongly about PLR articles that we don’t even allow them to be promoted in our members’ articles. Here’s what the EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines have to say about the matter:
1) i. MUST NOT contain information on: …the promotion of Private Label Rights articles as a good thing (it’s not)…
- If an article talks about purchasing PLR or resell rights and creating e-books without any reference to article marketing/writing/re-writing or distribution.
- If an article talks about purchasing PLR or resell rights on an e-book and promoting that e-book without any reference to article marketing/writing/re-writing or distribution.
- If an article explains OTHER uses for PLR or resell rights without any reference to article marketing/writing/re-writing or distribution.
- If an article explains PLR or resell rights as a general topic, and does not include any reference to article marketing/writing/re-writing or distribution as an author’s original work.
What’s NOT OK:
- If an article is promoting the use of PLR or resell rights for article writing, re-writing, or distribution as an author’s original work, and as a good thing, it WILL BE rejected. – this is NOT OK. You must submit work that is 100% exclusively owned by you.
- If an article talks about purchasing PLR or resell rights to an e-book and breaking it up for article distribution as an author’s original work – this is NOT OK.
We have a tight automated system in place that continues to feed us information, provides details, and continues to clean out suspect content daily/weekly/monthly. If you did get a PLR article to pass, it won’t be alive for long. In addition, our relationship with you won’t be long-lived either as we terminate accounts that practice this.
(3) Steps to Avoiding the PLR pitfall:
- Do NOT buy articles from PLR article packs.
- Do NOT spin your articles with content rewriting software.
- Submit ONLY 100% ORIGINAL CONTENT.
Using and promoting PLR articles may [falsely] seem like the perfect way to generate a large number of articles quickly…
The downside is that these articles are inherently useless and dangerous. They will NOT be approved by EzineArticles, they will NOT entice your readers to action and they will NOT deliver traffic to your site. They will, however, COST you money and time, DESTROY your credibility and inevitably cause your membership to be Suspended, Terminated and/or Banned.
Whew! That’s a lot of negativity for one blog post! Please share something positive in the comments. =)