a.k.a. How to significantly improve your articles’ chances of getting approved the first time.
As the EzineArticles Managing Editor I’m often asked, “Penny, what’s the secret to getting my articles approved fast?”
My answer is always the same, “If you’re not quite ready to invest in Premium Membership, the best way to speed up your approvals is to follow these simple guidelines:”
- Read and re-read your article. Double check for grammar and spelling errors that add time to your article review. Verify proper punctuation and read it aloud to determine if the language flows naturally.
- Deliver what you promised in the title. If your title says you’re about to give the reader (5) tips, then give them (5) clear tips which are easy to read and straight to the point.
- Don’t include more than 2 self-serving links (links that you own or have interest in) in the resource box. You want your article to look clean – webmasters and ezine publishers will value your article more when it contains fewer links.
- Don’t use the term “scam” in your article body or title. It causes confusion for both readers and article editors alike and can cause an article to be rejected.
Most importantly, read and follow the posted Editorial Guidelines.
If, despite your best efforts, your article receives a general error, ask the following questions before contacting Member Support:
- Do all the links work?
- Do the links provide value. Are they more than just ads or affiliate links?
- Is the title grammatically correct?
- Does the title make sense? Will readers know what they are going to read based off of the title?
- Does the article contain content that could be perceived as being negative? If so we may not allow it.
- Does the article unjustly review a product by not providing the pros and cons of that product? A good review offers both.
- Is the article content going to be outdated quickly (in a few days)? If so, revise it to reduce the loss of value over time.
That’s all there is to it. Following this advice will help ensure that the vast majority of your article submissions will get approved the first time.
One final tip: Submit more articles! It’s simple – the more articles you write, the better you’ll become at creating articles that not only engage and motivate your reader, but also fly through the EzineArticles approval process. Best of all, those additional articles will generate more exposure and traffic to your website!