EzineArticles Expert Author & Life Coach/Christian/ & Motivational Speaker Henrietta Elegunde of London asked me:
If your articles are not bringing you sales leads, what can you do to improve this?
It’s a question asked often enough that I asked Henrietta for permission to post her question along with my response here in the blog.
Here’s what I recommend that Henrietta changes on her 22 articles and any future article submissions:
- Immediately cut your article word count in half. Two 550 word articles will usually deliver more traffic than one single 1100 word article.
- People are begging to buy from you; but you’ve made it difficult for them to purchase: If you want to make sales, you MUST have a website URL in EVERY SINGLE one of your resource boxes.
- Consider changing your Resource Box from “Here’s who I am” to more of a “Here’s what I can do specifically for you the reader”.
- Increase your article inventory count. You’re at 22 articles. Sorry, that’s a small splash in the bucket in today’s Internet. Bring your article count up into the hundreds over the next year.
- Expand your Article Title’s by another 30-45% longer. They are a bit short. Longer titles gives you more opportunities to hook interested readers.
Henrietta: Overall, I really like the fact that you’ve uploaded your author photo, your articles are very visually easy on my eyes and inviting to read, and you continually submit new articles over time (consistency is a key to success). I’m scared for you because you included your email address in your articles. That’s not a good idea anyway you slice it because your articles will be around the Internet long after you’ve closed your email account due to massive incoming spam.
All: If you’ve had success converting your article traffic leads into sales leads, which single strategy provided you the most ROI?