EzineArticles expert and Aussie Entrepreneur Yaro Starak wrote an in-depth review of us here: The Verdict: Is Article Marketing Worth Your Time? – Part 1
I’m always curious as to how others perceive us, especially when they go in-depth in thought without us asking them to.
Here are some of my favorite comments from Yaro:
1) “Besides republication it’s important to note that Ezine Articles itself is becoming quite a good repository of knowledge.” Yeah, I’ve noticed this too and I never realized how important this was until the last few months.
2) “The one thing I’m really noticing is how important the article title is.” Yes! The TITLE is so very important and it’s often botched up by newbies to our site.
3) On the duplicate content fears issue: “I’ve yet to notice any penalization but there are a lot of forces in play here so if you are really worried, take the time to modify your articles or only submit original content.” – I agree that it’s best to submit original content.
4) Found it interesting that he thought automated submission tools were a good idea, but that he didn’t actually use any of them yet. Yes, I do agree that manual submission to us by your (authors) assistant or admin secretary or college student apprentice is still a lower cost and higher return way than buying some automated submission tool that turns out to be less automated than you thought.
5) Yaro indicates his value of backlinks, but in the last half year, we’ve been more focused on the value of article syndication to create traffic and exposure rather than backlinks. It’s hard to control who picks up your articles and therefore keeping control of only high value authoritive backlinks is nearly impossible.
6) “Personal branding is about lots of little things adding up to a tipping point where amazing things can happen (think mainstream media coverage and even penetration into the public consciousness).” YES YES YES! I’ve been seeing this more and more every day.
7) His article review of us is all nice until some guy in the comments of his article picks on Yaro for not making his personal conclusion blatant enough… so then he flips and says he would not recommend manual submission to us opting instead for an automated blast tool that will become part 2 of his article marketing review.
Well gee, how open is Yaro really going to be in part 2 if he already announced his conclusion that he basically expects automated submissions to ‘be worth it’ and manual submissions not to be worth it. Sorry Yaro, ya had me as a fan and then it all ran downhill in your comments section of your article. :)
My Conclusion: We still like and appreciate Yaro Starak being an expert author on our site and that he put this much effort into doing an analysis of his time when invested in article syndication, even if he ended up coming to a conclusion that we’ll just respectfully disagree with.