EzineArticles Asks: How Can We Help?

Send Us a Question and We’ll Blog About It!

Many of the EzineArticles blog post ideas are generated by our Editorial and Member Support Teams based on areas we see authors could use additional assistance or extra motivation.

While we believe the EzineArticles Blog has become a treasure trove of valuable information for article writers and content marketers alike, we’re wondering what topics deserve more attention.

For that reason, we would like to give YOU the opportunity to ask questions for us to answer in an upcoming blog!

Take a moment and think:

… Are you feeling stuck in your writing?

… Is there something you just don’t understand?

… What is it that you want more information about?

According to an African Proverb: “The one who asks questions doesn’t lose his way.”

We completely agree! Asking questions is a crucial step in the learning and growing process, which is why we welcome all of you to come forward with your questions.

Your questions can be related to any of the following:

• Grammar
  • Quality Content
  • Article Idea Generation
  • The My.EzineArticles Interface
  • The EzineArticles Submission Process
  • The EzineArticles Editorial Guidelines
  • Content Marketing Strategies
  • Customer Relationship Strategies
  • Social Media
  • Or anything else that’s on your mind!

With that said: What questions do you have for us?

Seize the opportunity and submit your inquiries in the comments below or feel free to contact us privately. (Note: If you send your message privately, please mention this blog post).

After we receive your questions, we’ll answer as many as possible in future blog posts. We’ll likely use your name and include a link to your Expert Author Page or website when we reply. Please specify if you’d like to remain anonymous.

We can’t wait to hear from you!

2015 promises to be a very difficult year for fiction writers, particularly self-published – those who found a ready audience on Amazon as long as they published books in popular niche genres, for example westerns or zombies. They were used to seeing their books sell fast when they launched price-based marketing strategies (going free or lowering the price to $0.99) In 2014, when Amazon lanched Kindle Unlimited (in July), they found their markets rapidly drying up. Book promotions based on price no longer seemed to work. It began to look like KU had dried up the market and some of the star self-pubbed authors (like Konrath) announced they’d walk out of KU and retired all their books (because of KDP exclusivity and 3-months requerements, such moves take a while before they can be actuated). I blogged about this but I’d love to see more on the subject.

So the question is: in our increasingly digitized and visual world, where people seek entertainment on television and video (see how popular TV series have become, like Amazon’s Transparent, is there still a place for written fiction? Or should authors prepare themselves to abandon novel writing in order to write film scripts and otherwise participate with their story-telling talents in the world of films, videos and videogames?

Comment provided January 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Hi Claude,

Thanks for your question! You can find our answer here: http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2015/02/ezinearticles-answers-your-questions.html

Jeff writes:

I have run out of ideas on explaining my business

Comment provided January 23, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Thanks Jeff!

Find our answer here:

Raven Cohan writes:

Here is something I think needs some opinions given back and forth amongst the varied writers who post here that might enlighten us all: Many of us came reluctantly to the computer age. Perhaps I will be the only one and I am just dreaming there are others like me who are busy and find it challenging to find the right people to get me through the dozens of areas that get me stuck on “Word 10” intricacies and other pitfalls that computer non-literacy showers upon my artistic self. I recently found a somewhat right brained helper, but it can get expensive for more than an hour of her help. I have been writing my book for over a dozen years now, due to the conflict of time and money in learning something my brain was not put on earth to easily and smoothly get. All comments will be appreciated.

Comment provided January 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM

tariq writes:

i just want to write a poem
i have a lot of thing in my mind but whenever i write in my dairy it is not look like a poetry some of my friends say to me don’t write in this way otherwise forget writing
for example

i have tears in my eyes
i have nothing to loose
i cry a lot whenever i am alone
i show my smile in front of every one
i make them laugh
and everyone think that
i have everything
i am happy person in this world

i have been trying to write but i am unable to write a poetry poem

Comment provided January 23, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Manish_BHr writes:

Wanted to ask you this newbie question.. Hopefully you can help me with my question.. Can we post our own article published in Ezine to our own blog…:)

Comment provided January 24, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Thanks Manish!

Find our answer here:

We understand that the articles approved at Ezine are sent to the Ezine Magazine and Newsletter Publishers also. Whether it is possible to know the Name of such publisher and the Magazine or Newsletter where a particular article is published.?

Comment provided January 24, 2015 at 4:47 AM

Even after getting 49 good and original articles published over the last 30 months, my membership remains at Basic level. Why not upgrade to the next level ? Generally, when any promotion is given, the receiver will feel more responsible and duty-conscious, though happy with the elevation. Similarly, an up gradation in Membership level will not lead to submission of more articles. Moreover, a promotion means a recognition for the experience and past performance. Alternatively, any upgradation of membership should be linked to a reversion in the event of failure to maintain the standards expected for that level .

Comment provided January 24, 2015 at 5:02 AM

ronald sonju writes:

I have been searching for effective investing strategies for a long time. I have recently heard of a strategy called “Victory Spread”. Does anyone have knowledge of this investing strategy?

Comment provided January 24, 2015 at 6:59 PM

M.Akram writes:

English is not my native language .So I feel hard to write good English, What you advise me to write in good English.

Comment provided January 25, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Raven Cohan writes:

Especially for Tariq

You are unique.
When a voice in your head tells you you’re weak…
Train to turn the other cheek.
Listen to the voices,
Willing to say positive things.
Block out the noises…
That rant negative rantings.
Learn to breath into your belly,
And calm down what’s smelly
And stinky in your brain.
I.D. it and throw it down the drain.
Get aboard the Love Train
And stand in the Sunshine.
Don’t drown in the rain.

Comment provided January 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM

tariq writes:

@raven thank you for encourage me

Raju Chacko writes:

I am an EzineArticles.com Basic Plus Author. In my recent submissions, I have been facing problems with citing References correctly. More than once my article submissions were rejected due to there being ‘excessive HTML links’ in them (I am referring specifically to my Art. Nos.8861369& 8892806). In the case of the former, I deleted the excess HTML links and/ or made them look like text e.g. http://energy.gov was changed to plain energy.gov.

I referred to the Editorial Guidelines to find out if there is a better way and hit upon EzineArticles permitted HTML tags & . These tags are to be used to change HTML links to ‘example HTML source’ i.e. those that cannot be clicked upon like normal HTML links. However, I found that this also doesn’t work because I used them in (my next) Art No. 8892806 but still got the ‘excessive HTML links’ error.

Finally I was directed to http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2012/08/how-to-properly-cite-your-sources.html, using which I created one correctly specified Reference and deleted the , surrounded HTML links.

Even this had a problem as the present scope of ‘References’ in EzineArticles applies only to explicity quoted text from a Reference e.g. “…when an excited, unstable, electron collides with a proton, a photon of light is released.” from ‘Photonics’ by Dr. Bell (a purely ficticious example). I belive that retaining the current scope for References is inadequate because in addition to quoted text, a Reference also means any authoritative, reliable source of information, usually available online, used to verify whether some facts obtained from unverified sources is valid and also for additional details about some fact, entity or object that we need to use to amplify content with assurance of validity.

I would like the Editors to address these issues in their reply.

Comment provided January 25, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Thanks everybody for the comments! We’ll continue taking questions until this Friday.

Note: Please be sure your comments are clear and phrased in the form of a question. :)

Comment provided January 26, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Jamee Light writes:

Questions-

1.Can you use words like yuk in a title, and if you do, do you need to use quotes?

2.Can you use / between ideas Like “I felt sad/angry about….”?

3. How can you have sub-headings emphasized or made bolder?

4. Can you change a title once it is printed?

Comment provided January 29, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Hi Jamee,

We thought you asked questions that others would benefit to know. Thanks! You can find your answers here:

markjguillen writes:

Wow Thank you for sharing actually this blog is really cooool keep it up Admin….. :D

Comment provided January 30, 2015 at 3:27 AM

cindy merchant writes:

I’m very excited to have earned my manager badge for having my business article accepted! My question is, do clients actually look at these badges or is it just for us to see? How much of our profile do clients actually check out?

Comment provided January 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Cindy,

Thank you for your great question!

Find the answer here:

Victor Martin writes:

Gratis article!! Its fantastic

Comment provided March 13, 2015 at 2:27 PM

lienaazmie writes:

Can I make an articles with other languages?

Comment provided March 20, 2015 at 11:28 AM