With the holiday season in full swing, it’s important to reconnect with family members, enjoy good food, and most importantly, give thanks.
On the business end, it’s essential to reflect on ways to thank your readers, customers, and niche followers. Giving thanks is a win-win for you and your audience because both sides feel the positive energy through the message.
If you’re looking for ideas to accomplish this, we have a few to consider. It’s the perfect time to show others how much they mean to you. Seize the opportunity!
1. Send a Thank You Email: This is perhaps the most common form of thanks to reach a wide audience. Send a thank you email to those who recently purchased a product, commented on an article, or interacted with your business in a positive way. Write a personalized message for your most active or engaged customers. It may seem old-fashioned, but it’s still an effective, genuine method of expressing your gratitude. You may be surprised on the feedback you receive from something as simple as this.
2. Shoot a Video: Videos are a crucial aspect in promoting your brand and vision. They are a potent force of influence due to their personal nature. Thank your readers by giving a behind-the-scenes look at an aspect of your business, or share a personal experience that means a lot to you. These videos don’t have to be long; keep it short and sweet!
3. Ask for Feedback: Many companies rely heavily on consumer feedback. Asking for suggestions and actually following through is a great way to give back to your audience. When you’re due for some changes in your business, reward customers by choosing their best ideas, and praising them publicly or personally for their brilliant contributions. They will appreciate your dedication to take their feedback to heart.
4. Offer a Freebie or Special Deal: Corporate gifts are always popular around the holidays; however, they can also be very expensive. If you don’t have the budget to give away free promotional items, consider running a special. Slash prices on existing items or plan a new promotion around the holidays to give back to your customers. “Special deals” can be focused on recurring customers where only a select amount will be thanked in this way, which creates a feeling of exclusivity.
5. Interact with Them: If you have a large following, it can be difficult to respond to all comments and feedback. Don’t slack off in this area. Make the time to comment back to those who gave you a line of appreciation or inspiration. There can be some real gems in the comment sections of your articles, blog, social media pages or app reviews, don’t let them go unrecognized. They’re your biggest fans; let them know you’re listening!
6. Put Them in the Spotlight: Dedicate a portion of your website to feature your best followers or customers. You can point out their exceptional talents, thank them for their efforts, and also showcase their business or product. When you reach out to them to get their permission, you can also ask a few questions about themselves and their business. Let them know they deserve recognition for whatever it may be that you find to be exceptional.
7. Provide Quality Content: We couldn’t end this list without pointing out the most obvious, and sometimes neglected way of thanking your readers… new content! Reusing old material is not going to win over your audience. You need to work for their praise and trust, and original content is a sure way of making an impact. Strategically plan new articles and promotions, and keep things interesting for your readers.
There you have it, 7 ways to give thanks as an article writer!
If you’re pressed for time, focus on the most accessible forms of thanks from the list above. If you’re pondering these ideas, but are unsure if your readers have really done anything for you lately, this post may be up your alley.
Do you have any great ways to thank your audience? Please share!
As always, THANK YOU for reading!