Top 10 Reasons for Article Rejection

This is One Popular Group You Don’t Want to Hang Out With!

Rejection can be a scary word. No one likes to be rejected; and trust us, we don’t like to reject your articles! This is why we provide so many resources for you, such as the Editorial Guidelines, the FAQs, and the training materials and videos. We want you to succeed!

However, we know that sometimes mistakes happen. If you find yourself on the receiving end of an article rejection, the best thing you can do is read the email explaining why the article wasn’t accepted, fix the mistake accordingly, and move forward!

We’ve created this handy infographic that outlines the 10 most popular reasons articles are rejected. To view the graphic in a new window, simply click the image below and then click the image again to zoom in or out.

Do you have any questions on the information we’ve provided? Don’t be afraid to speak up … we’re happy to help you learn!

Simple and best post to list out the major 10 reasons for rejection of an article. If a mention of the Punctuation howlers is made under Reason 5, First time readers will notice it.

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Vietnam lover writes:

Just signed up an account , I hope that my article will not be rejected. Of course, I will spend time to learn the rules and write the good contents of articles. If my article is not accepted, I aim to hear the reason why.

Keiran writes:

Thanks for this information.

I find your regular emails about article writing really useful, but as a new Ezine author I’m still a bit worried about what is and isn’t acceptable, so this infographic summarises it all nicely.

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Glad you enjoyed it! :) Our team is always looking for ways to help our expert authors improve their writing, articles and traffic.

Jennifer Touma writes:

An extremely informative article. This is a well thought out infographic of increasing article acceptance and a reminder that “it is all the about the customer and not me”.

Jennifer

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Thank you very much! I needed this list! Keep them coming!

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Thong Huu writes:

I just submit my first article…
Thanks for this list keep it up!

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Good, great editorial policy.

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Sathyanarayanan Bhimarao writes:

Greetings from BSN:

Any author should have the basic instinct to avoid such errors. Honesty and integrity are inborn qualities and if they are imbibed in one’s blood no such case of rejection will take place.

B.Sathyanarayanan

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Rati Payal writes:

Yeah!! Really very good. I am reading all new mail as sent by EzineArticles.com . All are really very help full for us.

Thank You EzineArticles.com

Comment provided September 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM

julie writes:

Yeah, you described all the tips simply. Which can be understood by anyone easily. One must follow this. Thanks for the great work.
Cheers!

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Kay Franklin writes:

Nice infograph. I think that once you start using EzineArticles for genuine writing you very rarely get an article rejected because you are taking care.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Ade writes:

Finally, I Know Why

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 6:06 AM

celine marisoll writes:

Nice, article. Helpful for the new persons(like me) going to post their wrteups here.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 7:48 AM

kumaran writes:

Thank u for this.its very helpful for me.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I would simply like a definition of a noun. The reason I point it out is that a friend of mine had a horrible time of being approved to EzineArticles simply on his pen name.

My understanding is that a noun is the name of a person (proper noun in that case), place, thing, state or quality. He was told that he cannot use a noun for his name!

WHOA! Did I miss that memo?! Since when???? His account was immediately shut down so he couldn’t make any changes to his article because of his pen name. And it really scared him off and left a horrible taste in his mouth. I don’t blame him one bit.

But I must say that after he calmed down enough to tell me about this ridiculousness we are still laughing. And it’s been at least two years.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Hi Lucinda –

You are correct on the definition of a noun. Many times, we see author name requests come through that contain nouns, such as Business Solutions or John SEO, etc.

While this isn’t the forum to discuss specific account issues, you or your friend may feel free to contact member support to discuss this matter in detail.

Ute Goldkuhle writes:

Excellent info-graphic of the guidelines. However, it did not cover an issue I was surprisingly rejected for:

I mentioned a ‘spinning class’ as an exercise in my article; your rejection reason:
We are unable to accept articles/links with ‘Spinning’ branding. The phrase ‘Spinning’ is trademarked, and we do not accept these terms at the request of the trademark holder.

Upon more research I found that “Spinning” is a trademark; but I don’t understand how I violated it by mentioning it as an exercise class. I reviewed other articles and it is used exactly as I did.

Also, you did not give an example how I should describe a ‘spinning class’

To move on, it was easier for me to delete that exercise example and re-submit. But that truly does not clarify your policy how to handle it.

This would be good to do so for others to become aware.

Thank you for you consideration.

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hi Ute –

There is a small handful of trademarked terms such as “Spinning” that we are unable to accept due to a request from the trademark holder. It’s best if we address these issues as they come up since it happens so rarely. That’s why you don’t see it on our list of Top 10 Reasons for Article Rejection.

For future reference, using the generic form of the term is ideal, for instance “indoor cycling” in this case.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact member support!

Ute Goldkuhle writes:

Kari,

Thank you for your clarification re: rare trademark issues. I understand it now.

Maybe next time in your rejection reason in such rare instance it would be helpful to give an alternative example as you did above “indoor cycling.”

Good suggestion Ute! I’ll pass this along to the rest of the team :)

princely writes:

Hummmm! honestly, looks like I am always at the receiving END…however, I will keep improving…thanks

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Asep writes:

Thank you for advice, this very helpfull..!

Comment provided September 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM

How do you check the authenticity of submissions made by authors?

Comment provided September 4, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Ron Bercume writes:

Thanks for this infromation @EzineArticles team. It will help me a lot.

Comment provided September 4, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Shuchi writes:

Thanks a lot for the detailed information. I was wondering why my article was rejected. Now, after reading this article, I understand how the article should be.

Comment provided September 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Sumit writes:

Thank you very much, much awaited and very helpful article for all of us.

Comment provided September 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM

peter scot writes:

Thanks for giving a lot of detailed information about Article submission. I was Surprised because my article was rejected. Now,i read the article and know the submission rules, I totally understand the whole submission process of article.

With Regards,
marketingempire.co.uk

Comment provided September 5, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Rakesh Tongar writes:

Whatever the terms you mentioned are really essential for a better writing. We all must follow this. Because, after all, all these are required for our personal growth only. So, thanks for sharing. I will keep all these things in my mind while writing a new article.

Comment provided September 5, 2014 at 3:44 AM

jack writes:

My articles on ezine.com gets rejected time and again. Hope this new trick helps me to improve my writing and my articles gets approval next time.
Cheers!

Comment provided September 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM

Richa Jain writes:

Thanks for sharing this info graph as it really very informative that why an article is rejected. I really like this post!

Comment provided September 5, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Jagan writes:

Really helpful to all writers/bloggers.
Great content.

Comment provided September 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Richa Jain writes:

It is really helpful blog.

Comment provided September 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Naimesh Trivedi writes:

Hi,
I prefer eZine article because here quality content publish. i love this article site and read almost article.
Thanks, it may helpful for all the bloggers and authors.

Comment provided September 9, 2014 at 2:57 AM

erick carlson writes:

I love Ezine, Thank you guys for your service

Comment provided September 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Soni Kumari writes:

Precious idea. Before submitting an article to Ezine, I got essential tips. This will help us to improve the quality of an article. So, nice post, and thanks.

Comment provided September 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

suzyspring writes:

These will be reason to improve the article too…:) Happy to read.

Comment provided September 12, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Rosemarie Gonzales writes:

Thanks for this reminder. I really find this useful in my writing. It provides me useful tips on how to avoid rejection of submitted articles. Although I do not want that my articles be rejected but there are instances that I experienced it. The good thing is that the editors provide me with suggestions on how to revise it. For that, I am really grateful. Thank you very much.

Comment provided September 14, 2014 at 4:47 AM

Rosemarie Gonzales writes:

Thanks for these wonderful tips. It helps a lot in improving my writing style.

Comment provided September 14, 2014 at 4:48 AM

peter scot writes:

Thanks for sharing this article submission guidelines, it really very informative that why an article is rejected. I Really like the post.

With Regards,

Comment provided September 14, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Anuj Tiwari writes:

Thanks for sharing that valuable information. Your article was really nice and would help you in publishing articles on EzineArticles. Keep writing for us.

Comment provided September 29, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Dean Lett writes:

Thanks for sharing the information. Sorry if you have already answered this question somewhere else, but are there any length restrictions on how long or short an article can be?

Comment provided November 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Hi Dean,

Article submissions must be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 5,000 words.

Happy article writing!

Amit Kumar writes:

Such a good info-graphic. But someone says if you want to approve your article it should have killer content what it means by killer article and how we choose great topic for writing. when finding any topic on Internet it already mentioned. Can I write that article in my words with additional features and can it approved or not.

Thanks.