Doesn’t it Feel Like We’re Perpetually in Crunch Mode?
When tomorrow’s tasks should have been done yesterday, we begin to feel an overwhelming time crunch. In the name of Efficiency and Speed, we may find ourselves turning into machines and may even do things we typically would never carry out.
Avoid losing focus on your priorities. If you find yourself squinting at your values on the horizon, you have a choice to make: either give into temptation or stand by your values.
No matter how alluring, never yield to temptations that compromise your values. Your success should come from your values and your passion for writing, not from poor choices or bad influences. Work on setting goals that can be completed without losing control of what’s important to you and we can help.
Dig in your heels and show your true grit by improving your mindset with these tips.
7 Tips to Improve Your Mindset in Article Writing
- Practice Self-Control: A lack of self-control can disrupt your progress and damage your credibility. Every one of us has a strong desire for something, whether it’s for personal, professional, or financial gain. For example, to generate traffic and backlinks to your site, you can create quality and original content, which takes time to create and mature in the web-scape. Impatient people may resort to bad practices like submitting plagiarized articles and other “get rich quick” schemes. Control the urge to cut corners with unfavorable tactics that compromise your credibility. Your content should always be your best and most original work.
- Embrace Change: You may feel safe sticking to content that you know won’t make waves and it works, but you need to take risks for growth. You may ask, “Why would I change a perfectly sound system if it works?” When you stick to the same content topics, it may appear that you have nothing new to offer and you’re repeating information simply for quantity purposes. This stagnation can hurt your ability to engage new audiences. Branch out into new topics and test your limits by stepping into another role. Never fear change; embrace it!
- Let Things Develop: Wealth, fame, or the spotlight – whatever it is, you’ve set your sights on it and you want it bad. Be patient and balance your priorities. In time, you will develop the necessary skills, resources, and network to work your way up to the top without toppling over. Writing is an investment. Your eagerness is expected, but accomplishing your goals won’t be done overnight. Allow room for healthy growth and continue delivering quality content to your readers.
- Get Excited to Write: A disconnect between the author and the topic can be spotted easily. Whether it’s giving into distractions or attempting to find the “quick ‘n easy” cheap route, this disconnect can happen to the most successful writers. The failure to channel your unique talent is a tragedy because it stops innovation. If writing is your passion, you should be excited about it! Find your passion and make sure your enthusiasm shines because excitement is contagious. Get excited!
- Remain Calm & Collected: When you’re irritated or angry, you will create content without thinking clearly. It should never be a goal to write an article because you’re seeking revenge in some manner. Negative energy begets negative energy, so get rid of it and then write. Learning how to stay calm in intense situations will have a positive effect on your productivity as well as prevent writer’s block and other paralyzing effects of self-doubt. Establish a strong force of positive energy and move forward.
- Quit Worrying About Competition: Your writing should be remarkable and that kind of writing – the kind that hooks readers – simply cannot be born from sarcasm, envy, or a grudge. You have enough on your plate building your reputation and establishing trust with your readers. Don’t impede your progress connecting with your audience because you’re worrying about the “other guy.” In the field of writing, competition is not going away anytime soon. Yes, find ways to outsmart and conquer your competitors with great content. Carve out your own position in your niche by stretching your creative legs and lose that “grass is always greener on the other side” mentality.
- Practice Humility: It’s not uncommon to see a writer’s pride get in the way of creating something truly remarkable. You should be proud of your work, but obsessing about it can get out of hand when you don’t realize the damage you’re causing (your reputation, your peers, and your audience). Don’t settle into satisfaction. Push yourself to be better. Let others in by accepting criticism with grace, seeing opportunities to improve, trying new tactics recommended by others, and delegating tasks (if you can).
Concentrate on what’s best for your efforts and lends support to your values. I hope this advice will help you make better decisions toward a successful journey, rather than a regretful shortcut. You can do anything you set your mind to, so go out there and do it!
PS: Today’s the last day to save 20% on all Article Template packages and Premium Subscriptions of any length! Plus, we’ll throw in 2 FREE exclusive Article Template packages with all Premium purchases. It’s all a part of our extended Cyber Monday sale. Check it out in our Shop!