25 Writing Ideas and Article Topics to Reach Your Audience

Content Is King

Write quality, original content that meets the interests and needs of your audience and you will succeed at becoming a leading authority in your niche – but no matter how long you sit at your writing desk, what if you can’t think of what you should write about?

Whether you’ve been writing articles for years or you’re brand new to content writing, bookmark or pin this list of writing ideas and article topics to give your next writing session (and all future writing sessions) a great kick start.

1. Categorize Phases: Identify stages of a process, activity, or topic in general, such as introductory, advanced, and professional or even mild, moderate, and severe.

2. Take Them Back in Time: Reminisce and reflect on how it has changed for better or for worse. Readers love nostalgia and younger generations may be able to use it for research.

3. Create a Checklist: Make a list of items required, things to be done, points to be considered, or items used as a reminder.

4. Identify Common Problems: Describe a frequent problem or problems and then provide solutions.

5. Uncover Obscure Problems: Describe a sporadic or uncommon problem or problems and then provide solutions.
  6. Take a Stance: Factually address a controversial issue, but be on the side of caution! Make telling the truth your goal and the controversy the side effect of that truth.

7. Propose Counter Positions: Suggest the other side of a topic by providing the counter argument or angle.

8. Jump Into Current Events: While staying in your niche, identify relevant links between a current event and a topic as well as show your audience how they’re affected.

9. Write a Dear Expert Q&A: Provide a relevant question from a client or customer in a Dear [Your Name] format and provide a personable, compassionate response.

10. Provide All Angles: Consider a highly discussed topic and provide an in-depth explanation of a topic based on unique insights, analysis, and commentary – pros and cons, risks and benefits, etc.

11. Illustrate a Euphemism: Evaluate how a euphemism is similar to aspects in your niche and break down the meaning by listing similarities and differences.

12. Create a List of Goals: Help readers set realistic goals by providing a list of common goals in your niche and identifying measures and milestones to achieving those goals.

13. Identify the Golden Rules: Provide a list of rules that sum up the primary lessons you’ve discovered or learned through your experience and expertise in your niche.

14. Share Gratitude: Create a list of things you’re grateful for in your niche and explain how each item works and why it was critical to your success.

15. Bring Seasonal Cheer: Select a holiday or season and provide tips or insights relevant to the festive context (e.g., decorating, presents, traditions, consequences, etc.).

16. Be Helpful with a How To: Like a recipe, provide the chronological steps to achieve a particular end goal as well as list the ingredients or supplies needed.

17. Share the Love: Share something you love (or have a passion for) and describe why you love it.

18. Industry Trends: Identify, provide examples of, and analyze recent trends in your niche that are pertinent.

19. Lay Down the Law: Even if they’re more like guidelines than laws, create a list that identifies the unwritten rules or laws of your niche.

20. Take Readers on Location: Share location-specific details about places you’re familiar with, like sharing a perspective on culture values, local/regional laws, unique amenities, and attractions.

21. Share Saving Techniques: Pick a resource in your niche that’s important, share why it matters, and propose proven methods to save that resource.

22. Prevent Mistakes: Hindsight is 20/20. Turn your mistakes into an education resource to help your readers avoid the mistake by identifying them and then provide measures on how it can be avoided.

23. Recommend Motivating Activators: Share how you stay motivated to maintain your drive for success in lieu of the constant balancing act of family, work, and play.

24. Bust Myths: Point out a prevailing myth in your niche. Bust it by providing evidence, whether one point or a list of facts, that completely debunks it.

25. Review Products and Services: Provide an unbiased critique of a product or service in your niche that will help benefit readers in their purchase.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret: This list is based on the writing ideas and prompts of the first 25 article templates you get in the bulk 52 Article Templates package. Get the structure for these writing ideas and 25 more article topics by downloading all 52 interactive Article Templates on PDF!

Want more? Browse our Build Your Own Article Template Packages which contain a set of 15 interactive article templates on PDF. Get the package that best suits your audience and your needs to write quality, original articles fast!

peter salasya writes:

Am just happy and very much interested with your instructions of article writing,please can you mind giving me your email or you can just call me on this number if you don’t mind please +254714110769 anytime.

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Myhox writes:

High Quality Contents writing is the excellent way to get success on internet marketing. It does not matter, whether an author is newbie or professional, it is all about the good stuffs provide by an author. High quality contents always draw the attention of audiance and increase subscribers, visitors, followers and increase monetization.

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

L. David Morris writes:

Thanks, This makes a wonder checklist that is practical and useable.

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Patrick Kennedy writes:

Great guidelines in this article. I write regular seniors leaning articles and sometimes I run out of ideas and steam. Some of this will help.
Thanks,
Pat

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

These are all great ideas to come up with inspiration for writing new articles. Thanks a ton, the blog posts are always awesome.

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Jarvis Emerald writes:

I am pitching an idea (my sites context) for a $1000 business boost, and these tips, I believe, will be a good set of guidelines to have lot’s of good content delivered. Thanks…I just printed it out.

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

king of traffic writes:

I enjoy your newsletter and your great tips on article writing. I think it is a great way to advertise for free on the internet.

king of traffic

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Regarding #9, I was under the impression that EzineArticles did not want the authors name anywhere in the article even if it was in a quote from someone else, am I incorrect, is it okay to use the example in #9 in my articles without rejection?

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Hi Lance,

You’re more than welcome to include your name in an article when it is in an Interview-style. You can search our site for live examples, otherwise here is one that demonstrates the correct format for this type of article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Interview-With-Chryssanthi-Sahar—Middle-Eastern-and-Greek-Tsifteteli-Dance-Expert&id=7092646

~Vanessa

Gracious Store writes:

Coming up with new ideas for an article is always a big challenge, so I may have to try your tips and see how that will work for me

Comment provided September 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Vijay Khosla writes:

Immensely Useful. Saved it for Guidance.

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Sunil Chadha writes:

There has been written Absolutely True that quality content is the best way to getting more traffic as well as keyword ranking also.

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Sarwar Indan writes:

yes,Really Useful. Saved it for Guidance.

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Saju Mathew writes:

I have sent the ideas to my writers to keep freshness with writing with these tips, I loved it, thanks

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Wendy R writes:

Thank you for the tips Penny.
Another angle that is difficult for writers, is the comedic situation that occurs from time to time within interactions among families, friends and colleagues. They can be quite funny to relate verbally but can be difficult to put into words. Capturing the magic of the moment (and I’m not saying it is easy) on paper, is a quality that few can master. I applaud those who can do it. Give it a try the next time a funny situation occurs in your day. :)

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Kent l Rounkles writes:

I am not the greatest of writers yet, i have problems with run on sentences and grammar. when i use Microsoft word to help me in my spell check it doesn’t catch all of the grammar problems as well as the writing issues. I have no one to read or give comments to the articles that i write. I could go up to the college, and check with my old professor, but i don’t what to go up there every time that i write a article. i know that once i get going it will get better. I have written my first article and it was sent back for prof reading and repairs on the sentence structure as well as the grammar.

Comment provided September 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I love all the tips above. That is gonna challenge me to write new material.

Comment provided September 27, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Sometimes a writing idea can keep you glued for days and even months. Ultimately, you are successful in writing unique pieces that intrigues your audience.

Comment provided September 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

michael doctor writes:

I have written articles but I have never posted it on EzineArticles. I would like to know how my article can get approved by EzineArticles as I am also new in this. Is writing stories ok coz I used to do it long time back I dont no will I be good at it now.But really want to know what are the requirement of getting my article approved.

Comment provided October 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Hi Michael,

It appears your account is temporarily suspended due to an invalid author name. A member of our Support Team will be contacting you privately regarding the issue.

~Vanessa

William Johnson writes:

This is golden! I’m glad I visited this article. I don’t have world class writing skills, but after reading this, I think I could fool an expert! Thank you!!

Comment provided October 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

marie maille writes:

Thank you so much for these article writing ideas. I have managed to cover a few already but was fast running out of ideas!

Comment provided October 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

writing is very hard for those who has English as second language, I take myself for example, but I need good articles with good keywords for my advertisement . Some times I don’t even know how to write a simple comment,
Now I’m hiring writes on Odesk dot com to help me out with my articles and keywords

Comment provided October 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

roldan jugan writes:

Love this article. Much help to me as I continue with my journey being a blogger and at the same time, a new author on EzineArticles. Writing really is always a give and take process.

Comment provided November 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Lenora writes:

I do trust all of the ideas you’ve introduced for your post.
They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts
are very quick for starters. May you pleasae extend them a
biit from subsequent time? Thanks forr the post.

Comment provided June 13, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Travel Agent writes:

These are all great post. i Love this article

Comment provided August 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM