Does writing feel like you’re sailing the wide, open sea in a dingey?
A new Expert Author recently admitted to me:
“I have so much to learn from … I sometimes [feel like I] could be suffering from article information overload.”
I get it. Internet publishing – article writing, blog writing, etc. – is constantly evolving. It seems like every time you get the hang of things, the rules change.
The fact remains: content is king. Of course, all of the content in the world won’t do you one bit of good if you get lost in all of the information about content marketing strategies that crash into your little boat.
- you’re first starting out and want to prevent overload,
- you’re up to your neck in information and unsure what you should do,
- or you’re in over your head and are about ready to give up …
… then you definitely need to read on.
7 Overload-Prevention Tips
- Have a goal. Do you want to achieve niche authority, increase exposure, gain traffic, or create a killer conversion rate? Set a goal to give your efforts a direction and use it as a compass to filter incoming information.
- Allow information to mature. Take it all in one step at a time. As Albert Einstein once said, “Information is not knowledge.” Allow time to absorb information, think about it, and finally convert it into your knowledge bank.
- Consider the source. Wherever you gather information, always take the source’s credibility, accountability, and timeliness into account. For the same reason we advocate originality, quality, transparency, and relevance in your own writing, look for it in your sources.
- Lean in and KISS. Keep it simple (stupid). Article writing works best if it’s simple and targets a great user experience. Start small to avoid getting swallowed up in your niche and don’t be afraid to narrow your area of expertise, since it can always be expanded later. Establish your credibility in more specific, targeted areas of your niche before taking on the big leagues and SEO will naturally work for you.
- Save time. Work smarter, not harder by eliminating – even hacking – the inessentials so you can focus and increase your value. Develop a process that includes prioritization, delegation, and organization. [Learn more]
- “Learn the rules … so you know how to break them properly.” – Dalai Lama. Discover the basics to writing great articles using the How to Create Quality Content in 7 Steps graphic as your guide. Once you’re comfortable with your own style and writing voice, feel free to experiment. [Learn more]
- Find the right tools. Break down writing barriers and get a handle on your strategy to succeed in content marketing, article writing, and much more with the ongoing resources found in the EzineArticles Toolkit. Learn more]
With any of the above methods or anything related to article writing, ask questions and then ask us MORE questions. Join the EzineArticles Blog discussion as well as Network with experienced Expert Authors on My.EzineArticles.com.
Become a VIP
When you have a question, concern, or would just like to run something by our Support team, get a response faster than ever by becoming a Premium Expert Author. With Premium, our Member Support Team experts will help you navigate the article writing waters quickly and smoothly with greater speed than any of our free membership levels (even Diamond!).
For a limited time, you will get 10 exclusive article templates free with any Premium subscription length of your choice. Sign up today at http://EzineArticles.com/Premium/ and use this code: NEW10PREM
What tips do you have for fellow Expert Authors who are battling information overload? Let us know – they’d love to hear from you!