EzineArticles Asks: What’s Your Question?

The EzineArticles Member Support Team responds to thousands of inquiries every month.

They know all of EzineArticles’ resources like the back of their hand and whether you need advice or an explanation, they’re here to help.

Now, they’re turning the tables: The experts on our Member Support Team have an important question for you!

Watch the video below to meet the team and share your answer in the comments section of this post.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Member Support Team Q&A

Q: Jenna, what part of Customer Service is most important to you?

Jenna: The best thing about customer service is that you have many chances to make someone else’s day. When I have a good interaction with a friendly customer service person, it puts me in a great mood because I feel like someone genuinely cares. That uplifting, caring feeling is what I strive to provide members with daily.

Q: Kari, what’s your No. 1 piece of advice for Expert Authors?

Kari: Challenge yourself! It can be something as simple as “I’m going to cross everything off my ‘to do’ list today” or “I’m going to run a 30-minute 5k by the end of the week.”

Q: Karen, what part of Customer Service is most important to you?

Karen: I genuinely love helping people solve problems and getting them to that “Aha!” light-bulb moment where everything becomes clear. My no. 1 piece of advice for Expert Authors is this: Quality, Quality, Quality! Anything that you’re going to put your name on should be something you’re proud of. Own it!

Q: Darin, what’s your favorite resource for our members?

Darin: The Common General Issues Checklist infographic can help you troubleshoot general issues, answer a lot of questions, and speed up the article review process.

Wait! Don’t forget to stop by the comments section below and …

Submit your question to be answered in our next video!

If you’d like to keep your question private, then use these steps to contact our Support Team:

1. Visit the Contact EzineArticles.com form
2. Enter your name and email address
3. Select “Other” from the Topic dropdown menu
4. Enter “EzineArticles Asks” in the Subject field
5. Enter your question and select “Submit”

We can’t wait to hear from you!

Sara writes:

Is there a way to know who has put your article on their site?

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Sara writes:

Is article marketing less effective less effective now that it was 5 years ago?

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM

pawan writes:

Indeed it is. In fact, it’s now a fruitless job!! 5 years ago, there was less competition, less writers. Now, Web world is infested with every TOM, Dick and Harry writer. I wonder, how search engines tackle them all. Sorry, if I sound disappointing, what I said is resultant consequence of my own experience with article marketing…

bob writes:

Is there any movement toward allowing videos to be used with articles?

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Lee B. Woods writes:

Hi y’all,
Darin tells me that I have a good click-through rate, but I’m still mystified. I have 190 views, yet not one person has tried to contact me. I’m thinking at least one of those viewers would have left me a message about how I should be driving a cab or flipping burgers. Still, nothing. Not a peep. Am I overlooking something, or am I just expecting too much?
Thanks, Lee

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Barbara Moss writes:

What are your thoughts on spinning using the more expensive and so-called ‘recommended’ spinning software?
Thank you.

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Frank Gainsford writes:

A question for Darin

what impact will adding any of the resources have on the SEO of my web site or blog.

I own a few websites and blog about SEO at http://4ubrand.blogspot.com

I am considering adding your resources to this blog (4U brand) showing me as an expert author. Do you think this will improve my SERP’s for my selected subjects (SEO and FUFISM)

what do you base your answer on ?

any comment here will be appreciated as I still learning about these issues.

If you take a look at my profile on your site, does it help my SEO ?

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Randall Magwood writes:

Do you guys track whether or not a website publisher who takes my article for syndication, leaves my “resource box” information on their site?

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 9:51 PM

A valuable information. I hope I would be looking forward to get answer from the expert. I have by following you twitter but there isn’t as engaging activity there.

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Gracious Store writes:

Please does each of you read every article before you publish, reject or place the article in problem status?

Do you decide unanimously or individually if an article meets the criteria for publication

Comment provided June 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

These are all great questions! Thank you for your participation, and keep a close eye on the Blog for the answers to your specific questions. :)

~Vanessa

Comment provided June 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Wow that’s pretty cool affair with your team members. We can say that we are now closer with the world class experts who just like to give tips, solutions and a lot… Thanks the team.. :)

Comment provided June 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Sanju kmr writes:

Great….nice Team members…..;)

Comment provided June 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

My biggest question – ever – has always been whether to post the LONG version of the article on EzineArticles or the shorter version, with a link to the website where I post the full article along with many more related details?

So, which is best? The long detailed article on EzineArticles, or the shorter one with links to more relevant information?

Comment provided June 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM

What is the difference between American English and British English?

Does EzineArticles accept articles that mentions
the name of GOD and Bible verses?

Thanks

Comment provided June 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Alan To writes:

Yes, I have a question for them, and it is this; why is that I have just had an article rejected because it is “similar” to one already on Wikipedia. As a committed submitter to your site, I was very hurt by this. I must make it clear that I NEVER EVER copy other people’s work. ALL my articles are my own work, and if one happens to be similar to one already online, then surely that’s not my fault. I don’t see the problem here at all. I repeat, ALL my articles are my OWN work, and I think you were being a bit harsh suspending my account just for this.

Comment provided June 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hi Alan,

I’ve asked the Member Support Team to contact you privately regarding your article. Please keep in mind, when using word-for-word content that may be found elsewhere it will need to be properly sourced. We also ask that sourced content not exceed five lives to ensure the majority of your article is original to you.

~Vanessa

Alan To writes:

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, your Member Support Team have now been in touch, and I am glad to hear that they have reinstated my account.

In regard to the article concerned, I have now decided to delete it.

Next time I submit a new article, I will be checking thoroughly that nobody else has put up a similar one anywhere else before I venture to publish it.

Comment provided June 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM

ahsan hassan writes:

@Sara,yes there is website copyscape which instantly tells about the stolen content,using and analysing with copyscape is great

Comment provided June 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

rita Danko writes:

Hi, I am considering writing a series of “How to Do” books. Can I use content from my articles?

Comment provided July 6, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Can i use contents from my articles in my proposed book on plumbing?Secondly i want to know if EzineArticles pays for articles which it approved.I have three articles you approved but i had no reward.I look forward to your kind response.= Marizu.

Comment provided July 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hi Marizu,

You can use the content from your articles as you own the Exclusive Rights to the material, so it is up to you how you use the content. I’m sorry Marizu, but we do not pay authors for their submissions. Authors submit articles to EzineArticles.com for the purpose of increasing traffic and exposure to their websites or services.

You can review more of the benefits here: http://ezinearticles.com/benefits/

~Vanessa

Elaine Argaet writes:

1. I will be writing about digital photography. Am I able to upload images as part of the article?

2. What is the average word count on an EzineArticles article?

Thanks
Elaine Argaet

Comment provided October 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hi Elaine,

Both are very good questions.

1. We are not currently not accepting images in articles. In order to showcase these images we recommend including links in your Resource Box directing readers to pictures of your works.

2. The recommended word count for your articles is between 500-700 words, however we accept articles within 400-5,000 words.

~Vanessa