Get a GRIP on Your Article Comments

Want to Increase Your Exposure, Network, and Traffic?

Get involved by commenting on articles relevant to you and your niche!

Leaving comments on EzineArticles.com can help you:

• assert your credibility as an active expert
  • enhance your SEO presence
  • create an open dialogue
  • stay on top of the trends in your niche

How Do You Leave Comments?

On any article found on EzineArticles.com, simply scroll down to the Get Involved section and select the Comments button. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with our Article Comment Policy. When you’re ready, complete the Leave a Comment form by entering:

• your name
  • your email address (this won’t be published)
  • your relevant website URL
  • a subject for your comment
  • your comment

Get a GRIP With Article Commenting Best Practices

• Gracious – Keep your comments positive to make a good first impression. If you disagree with the author of the article, then summarize their point and explain, in a respectful manner, why you disagree. Treat others like you’re meeting them face-to-face. Doing so will allow you to bridge the online gap between you and your peers.

• Relevant – Sharing irrelevant or promotional comments and links will undermine your efforts and your authenticity as an expert. Your comments and links should relate to the article content to ensure a positive user experience, increase your transparency, and show you’re a credible expert.

• Informative – Wow your readers with your expertise in your niche by providing your own relevant original tips or personal insights. Go beyond writing a generic “Great Job!” and inserting your link; create value by offering points that haven’t been brought up or ask questions to promote participation and interaction with the author.

• Persuasive – Entice readers to click through to your website and continue the conversation by balancing content with promotion. Resist the temptation to leave an advertisement for yourself or your business because doing so appears spammy.

How to Find Fellow Expert Authors

Not sure how to connect with other experts relevant to your niche? It’s easy on My.EzineArticles.com!

First, set up your Expert Author Network:

1. Log in to your My.EzineArticles.com account.
  2. Select the Networking tab.
  3. Select Recommendations from the left-navigation menu.
  4. Select Top Expert Authors in Your Niche filter from the right-navigation menu.
  5. A listing of experts in your niche will appear, from which you can:
    • Select the name of the Expert Author to view their Profile
    • Select the Connect button to add the Expert Author to your Network

Once you’ve added fellow Expert Authors in your niche, browse their articles by clicking their link in the “Expert URL” field of their profile. When you’re finished reading the article and ready to comment, scroll down to the Get Involved section and let the discussion begin!

Randall Magwood writes:

I didn’t know leaving comments on EzineArticles pages can increase search engine positions. Does the same apply when posting on the EzineArticles blog?

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I have to quibble with you when you say that, to on an EzineArticles.com can help you to “…enhance your SEO presence”.

What exactly does that mean? The only benefit to commentator that I’m aware of is that it gives him/her exposure to the readers of the article(s) but I certainly wouldn’t consider that to be enhancing their SEO in any way, shape or form.

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hi Murray,

Not only does commenting provide exposure, it also helps build your reputation in the online community, specifically in your niche. Becoming a regular commenter and presence in areas that relate to your specific niche will go a long way in building your credibility as an expert in your field. Ensuring your comments are relevant, helpful, informative, and are not self-promotional will help you do this. Offering a backlink only when appropriate goes hand-in-hand with this.

~Vanessa

Sorry. I meant to say “I have to quibble with you when you say that commenting on an EzineArticles.com can help you to ‘…enhance your SEO presence’.

(Note To Self: Check to see how clean my house is before I criticize the cleaning habits of someone else)

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Straight and to the point. Thanks. Doesn’t waste my time but informs me.

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Louis writes:

Thanks for reminding me of this. Blog commenting is sure a powerful SEO tool. I sincerely hope it helps as described in your newsletter.

Thanks.

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

annur diana writes:

I was confused to start writing here, maybe with my comments can participate in EzineArticles while learning to see how to write a good article. thank you

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Joaseph Dabon writes:

This is a surprising tip. Sometimes I make comments, sometimes I don’t I mean there are issues that are really worth commenting on while others are plain ho-hum.

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

A well thought out and researched article. While going through it anybody can grasp its meaning and describe the same in their own words easily.

Comment provided May 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Abdul Cholik writes:

There many spam comments on my blogs. They promote their link and offer various product sand services. This situation really make me busy to delete all kind of comments.

I always try to make good and useful comments.
Thanks for the tips

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Louis writes:

Hello Abdul, spam is a big issue in the blogging world today. It is necessary that we add scripts to prevent spamming on our blogs. As for mine, spammers are completely short out. Find a way to create a script that will short them out from yours. Most of the comments you see are commented by robots not humans. Create a script that will test if commenters are humans. This will save you from having to delete spam comments everyday.

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Khara Whitead writes:

I really enjoyed the action steps you outlined in this short article. I think it’s important to stay on track and not go off on a tangent.
Thanks for the outline.
Love, light, peace & healing,
Khara

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I leave comments on relevant blogs all the time and my analytics tell me that it works. But the key is to leave good comments that other commenters can engage with so you can get click throughs to your site. Posting “Awesome post dude” might get you a backlink in the technical sense but it defeats the purpose of leaving a backlink which is to add to the post/article. The point of blog commenting is to get people to notice, that’s what will get you traffic to your site and give you brand exposure. Thanks for the informative article Pam!

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

This is really wonderful. Many people just comment on the articles solely for the purpose of building a link. But when you are actively engaged in the topic (whether agreed or disagreed) it shows that you keep certain clear views on particular topic. Such a nice post. Thanks for sharing with all of us :)

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Gracious Store writes:

Comment sections in a blog or article is for participant to share their views on the issue that is written about. Sometimes the post could be so dry that you have nothing to say other than to give a nod and move ahead. At other times the post is lively enough to generate real discussion and contribution from members of the forum. So how people respond depends on the quality of the writing and the topic under discussion

Let me also use this opportunity to air my view about your word restrictions under your “comment policy”. To restrict the number of words people use to express themselves for me a subtle form of repression which is very undemocratic. Let members of the forum choose what comments they want to read or not. Do “save their time” by restricting what people say. They are old enough to make good choices

Comment provided May 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Jamie Bidwell writes:

I agree that leaving relevant, informative comments can make a positive impact on SEO and author credibility. The problem is finding the time needed to search out, read and comment on multiple articles on a regular basis.
As others have mentioned, not all articles are comment worthy and you can lose and hour or more ferreting out the good ones.
I try to carve out 15 min. each morning to read 1-2 articles and make comments if I have something valuable to contribute.

Comment provided May 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

richard writes:

A well thought out and researched article.

Comment provided May 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Amal Rafeeq writes:

Hey Penny,
The Title of the post confused a bit and forced me to read the post. GRIP! Well put idea :) , especially the part where you mentioned about making others WOW with your expertise.
Give some G, do some R, Wow with some I and make it a killer one with P. Roger that :)
Thanks a lot.